HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP09 – English Subs

March 20, 2015 by

Hyakkaten3EP09

On this episode, Sasshi and Woman Rush Hour, a comedy duo who used to work closely with HKT back in 2012 on Aru Aru YY TV, will secretly monitor the unsuspecting members’ girls-only gathering. The members are aware that they’re being filmed, but they’ve been told that it’s bonus footage for the Hyakkaten season 3 DVD. Without Sasshi around, what will they talk about? How will they do? And why did this episode receive mixed reviews from 48G fans?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP09

Original Air Date: 3/9/2015
Featuring: Sashihara Rino, Kodama Haruka, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Miku, Yamashita Emily, Umemoto Izumi, Tashima Meru, Matsuoka Natsumi, Moriyasu Madoka, Tomonaga Mio, Kurihara Sae, Goto Izumi, and Tanaka Natsumi
Translated/timed/subbed/etc. by: BlueMentaiko

47 thoughts on “HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP09 – English Subs

1. Jhon DoeJhon Doe

Thanks so much, Blue-sama! I accidentally watched this already when it came out, thinking it was an odekake episode… Oh well! XD Time to rewatch it for more iichan \o/

1. Jhon DoeJhon Doe

Definitely is :3

Damn it, Blue, I’ve been getting drunk on iichan and her awesomeness lately thanks to your subs xD I even started watching odekake to look for more of her

2. altaikho

That wasn’t as bad as I was prepared for it to be.  Really, it just shows that the first group is pretty normal.  I think as fans, it’s good for us to remember that, despite their fame, idols are people and are not infallible.  Meru did say that they were going to pay out of pocket if they went over budget, but that is A LOT of money.  That’s a bit irresponsible, though not unexpected with Meru, Haruppi, and Moripo in one group.  It is a little sad that they don’t seem to have any confidence in HKT, aside from their youth.
    Conversely everyone in the second group came off as much more responsible even though they are on average younger.  I think I like all of them a bit more because of this ep.  Way to go, Iichan, for keeping them on task!  I like to think the first group spent so much that they didn’t have enough to let the second group try…

Thank you as always for the subs, Blue!  You’re the best!

P.S.  THE RETURN OF MIYAWAKI AND SHIGE!  I didn’t realize I missed them so much.

I think the most disappointing part of this episode was how the first group stopped talking after the food came out. Sure, going overbudget was bad, but like you said, they could just pay out of their own pockets. But they knew that this was going to be on the DVD (which isn’t cheap either), yet they made no effort to liven up the conversation. That part was really unprofessional, although to be fair, the HKT 1st gens are know for being quite carefree. The 2nd group had Iichan who has a lot of experience leading the MC in KIV theater performances, so it went much smoother. Thank god for her!

1. altaikho

I totally didn’t account for how expensive those DVD sets are.  I certainly can’t afford them.  Now I feel all bad for getting preachy there.  I’m sorry.  This ep. sits all odd with me now…

Goto Izumi was one of those members who I could consistently recognize on various shows, but I knew nothing about her.  It’s cool to see someone like that really shine on these shows when they may not get to appear too often.

3. randy

I haven’t even watched this episode yet, but I feel compelled to thank you as always, Blue, since I haven’t done so in a while. You are of course a treasure in the subbing community. Personally, I don’t care if you go solely soft subs, as I just download them all to my computer anyway – that’s what 3 TB hard drives are for, right? I have even gone to the trouble of downloading all of the subbed episodes of AKBingo, Shukan, Odekake and the like. And I will recommend XBMC as a great program for viewing multiple videos successively without interruption.

As far as HH3 goes, as much as I miss seeing the first gens feature prominently, I have grown fonder of the 3rds thanks to this show, which is what it’s all about (I particularly adore Nako’s genuine childish laugh).

Thank you! That’s very nice for you to say. 🙂 I’m a digital hoarder, too!

Yeah, I was a 1st gen oshi for a long time (maybe not so much these days, as the 3rd gens feel like HKT’s golden gen to me), so not seeing girls like Shinamon and Nao and Minazou is a bit disappointing, but Hyakkaten has always been about selling new girls to 48 fans living in Kanto so I think it’s good that they’re focusing on 3rd gens. I’m disappointed that they they didn’t invite Hazuki, Tsuttsun, and Yuuna, though. 🙁

4. Otto Romero

Thanks, take a rest!
    Kinda.. weird that the senpai team couldn’t make the segment, i was like “Are you really trying to do your job girls?”
    And… since this episode was aired, youtube start sending me the old Aru Aru YY shows nonstop!! XD

… AND SHIGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Yeah, I was disappointed in the senpai group too. But not of the girls there are known for “leading,” so the conversation just stagnated whereas the 2nd group had Iichan who’s very experienced at getting the girls to talk. Hopefully Rupps, Madoka, Nacchan, Meru, Mikan and Mio learned from this though.

5. fatrain

Hi, Blue!
    Thanks for translations.

A small correction (1:25): That was a fan I made a move on.
    The joke is that instead of denying it, he confirmes it, playing his vulgar character.

Are you sure? He says “手を出してるファン” meaning a fan who is reaching out (to him). But that’s not a phrase I’m familiar with so I may be wrong.

NAKOMIKU CRUSHING IT?
    SAKURA SAN CAMEO, CLEARLY CLEANED UP AFTER ALL HER FIGHTING WITH SALT ON MAJISUKA?
    THE RETURN OF MURASHIIIIIIGEEEE???

How on Earth does anyone NOT like this episode? I think, if anything, it was hopeful, because the 3rd gens are clearly going to be the face of not just HKT, but AKB. We have some SERIOUS potential centers there. And also, Boss, as usual, shined brightly in this episode. I think she is a huge potential to be in senbatsu in this year’s sousenkyo. I wouldn’t doubt it for a second.

But gotta be honest, I seriously can’t wait for next week’s episode, perhaps more than any other, since Murashige is going to be in it. That girl is solid variety gold. I can’t get enough of her narcissistic yet unaware idol chara!!!

Thanks Blue for this one. I couldn’t have been happier with this episode.

I guess some people didn’t like how unprofessional the 1st group was, including me lol, but the 2nd group made up for it. After watching this episode, I kinda now want to see a 3rd gen only gathering. They should do things like this more often, I like listening to what the members thinking about behind closed doors.

And you’re not alone- I think a lot of people are excited for Shige’s return. She was such an important member in seasons 1 and 2, it kinda felt weird without her in season 3 although Meru and Nako took her place as the gui gui characters.

7. pybcu FS

yay! Murashige about to appear, a Mio Cosplay and more Nako \o/

@Derek:
    While I also see Boss as a fun character, I don’t think her MC qualities/her good comments matter so much for Sousenkyo.. I’d be happy for any of the HTK girls though to rank in 🙂

You can tell someone’s been in 48G for a while when their automatic assumption is that anything without an MC will be a dokkiri, lol. I actually think part of the reason why the first gens decided to go so far over budget was that they thought it might give better footage when they get chewed out, the other thing was that 7000円 isn’t that much money given how punishingly expensive yakiniku can get so they might have just resigned themselves to going over and having to pay the difference. I think the naked comments might have riled some people up too, but for me it was just funny. I think the second group did better in actual entertainment terms, I think the first gens just ate up assuming most of it would be cut anyway, I think you can see a degree of fatigue with having to always be “on” there.

Talking about the second group, I thought Iichan did really well, just so nice and friendly, making sure to bring people into the conversation. It was nice to hear Emily finally say something as well, she seems like a nice girl. It was interesting to see the members’ fashion sense a little as well; I’m not sure whether it’s really fashionable, but I like the look members like Emily, Iichan and Ume had going on. It’s weird to see a fashionable Mio as well, even though I knew that was a thing. I can’t say much good for the guests; if you’re going to be a bitch, you really need to be funny (making Nako laugh doesn’t count, Nako laughs at everything).

Yeah, 7,000 is nothing when it comes to yakiniku, but a budget is a budget, and going like 200,000 over it is pretty bad. D: What annoyed me the most though was that they just sat their and ate in silence despite the fact that they know that this was for the DVD. It’s not just a fun dinner party; it’s a job, and I feel like sometimes the girls who are guaranteed to be in senbatsu take things for granted. I know they’re tired, but they could have made a bit more of an effort. Despite not being popular/pushed/senbatsu regulars, the members in the 2nd group tried to be entertaining and took their job seriously, especially Iichan. That kinda thing makes me wanna cheer for her. I also like Ume’s attitude; I think it’s cute how much she cares about the 3rd gens. She seriously sounded like she was annoyed by the fact that Boss makes them pay for her meals.

9. Der Kaiser

Thanks as always for the sub, Blue..

Well, even though me too kinda dissapointed on how the 1st group behaves..
    I bet Sasshi already gonna “preach” them extensively for that.. She always kinda “stern” on how production works etc etc..

SHIGE!!!

Yeah, same here. But Sasshi said on twitter that the girls will probably learn enough just by watching the episode. They’ll probably realize they needed to do a bit better, although Natsu has mentioned that Hyakkaten is edited extensively. But that’s really no excuse!

I’m a HUGE fan of Yakiniku, but anytime I go to Japan, my Japanese friends ALWAYS get cow tongue, which I can’t say I would even try because I suck at being an adventurous eater. So it was funny to me to see the girls getting so pumped about eating organs and tongues. Too funny.

As for the first gens not really doing their job, I agree with you Blue… now that I see it from your perspective, you are right in what you’ve said. They had a lot of chances to promote themselves, be funny, and not just sit there and eat. This is why they needed Murashige… she would’ve totally made their segment interesting all on her own. In fact, that is why I liked her so much in the first two seasons. She was such a funny camera hog that all the others had to be on top of their game just to compete with her, so the girls always had to do something to kind of top her. It was the same when Tani was around as well. So really, really good point Blue.

@ pybcu FS: I have to disagree slightly with you there….EVERYTHING matters when it comes to the sousenkyo. I know some of it may seem like it’s fixed simply because some girls will always be more popular than the others, but I think all it takes is some momentum to really change the course of  a girl’s ranking. I think nobody proved that more than last year with Mayuyu’s win over Sasshi, or heck, Sasshi’s win over Yuko. And yes, Boss isn’t on their level yet in terms of visibility, but I guarantee she gets a boost in this year’s sousenkyo, maybe even into the senbatsu. But she WILL get a boost because she’s suddenly on everyone’s radar this year more than ever before.
    I can’t wait!

Same! I absolutely had no idea people eat that much organ meat when they’re out for yakiniku. But I also think maybe it’s a Hakata/Fukuoka thing? I feel like they eat a lot more organ meat down there, but I’m not sure… I know for me, I just eat skirt steak and stuff.

Yeah, the problem with the first group is that they’re all carefree. It was not a good combination of girls. They needed to maybe bring someone like Minazou as well (or anyone like Iichan).

Thanks, Blue 🙂 I love episodes like this but I was also disappointed by the 1st group. But if it was me I’d be totally focused on the food too lol. I think it would’ve been much better if they didn’t tell them it was being filmed and just had Sasshi in there to bring up topics. I wonder if the staff thought the girls are a little too gossipy and it would be risky to film without their knowledge?

Oh, and these comments about SSK! It really snuck up on me this year. What are your hopes? I’m excited to see how Tani will do. Also in SKE, Rena is out, others are graduating. This is unrelated to HKT but my biggest wish is all these things, especially Airins graduation and the exposure from the Ebi series gives Churi enough votes for senbatsu. Long shot, but I can hope!

I’m hoping we get a few more HKT girls to rank, especially since it’s at Fukuoka Dome. Of course I’m expecting NakoMiku to rank, but I’m also hopeful that we get a few unexpected girls like we did with Piichan and Rikopi last year. As for senbatsu, I want to see Sasshi or Yukirin win, Sakura in kami 7, Rupps and Muto Tomu in senbatsu. Churi would be good too, I hope Airin oshis vote for her. I want Aoi to be in UG, but I don’t know how probable that is. ><

12. Surkeldott

Any news about the remaining episodes for Hyakken + Annex?
    Just wondering if anyone are working on it or this is the last episode that will be subbed.

13. CharlieP

Hi Blue! thanks for all your work, thanks to you we can enjoy this marvelous show, i just wanted to know, if you are going to continue with hakata kyakkaten 3 and odekake, cause, i saw everything else of other groups, bbut when i started with HKT is like i totally fell in love xd, heheh i would apreciate if you could help us with that, thank you and, actually i wouldnt mind giving a hand in what you need, i feel bad just waiting for releases without doing nothing, cause i know how much work it is D;, c ya have a nice day.