HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP05 – English Subs

February 13, 2015 by

Hyakkaten3EP05

On this episode, the girls are visited by a very famous, top-notch comedy duo, Shisonnu! …Wait, who are they? The duo that worked pretty regularly with Sasshi on “Sashihara no Ran,” of course! But because they’re not sure how to interact with Sasshi, the girls prepared a handy, how-to-handle-Sasshi instruction manual for them. After that, they play a fun game of monoboke. Who will receive the oshimen badge this time around?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP05

Original Air Date: 2/9/2015
Featuring: Sashihara Rino, Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tanaka Miku, Tomonaga Mio, Moriyasu Madoka, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Natsumi, Kojina Yui, Motomura Aoi, Wakatabe Haruka, Aramaki Misaki, and Sakamoto Erena

34 thoughts on “HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP05 – English Subs

Doing an episode about Sasshi is probably missing the point of the series a bit, but I can’t pretend I didn’t enjoy it (or Sasshi’s cool new hairstyle, wish she kept it). Also, it reminded me of how much I like the fact that Sasshi doesn’t try and play the senpai-kouhai game and wants everyone to treat her like an ordinary member. Having said that the focus was spread across all the members a bit more than in previous episodes, but Nako and Meru still entertained with a kind of “unique” take on what “boke” should mean XD Looking forward to this week’s Annex; Member’s gaps should be fun and Rupps hosting

1. pybcu FS

I don’t think that episode was Sasshi-centric – rather that segment was a segue way to pitch in the story about Misaki being unconfortable to the extent to crying just because of calling her Senpai by a nickname (pretty hard to grasp for a non-Japanese that this can be such a big deal, I mean she is being asked to call her that way,…) and also about Miku’s butt-ranking (there has to be a body-part-ranker in every generation :-)).
      To me it was like an additional annex-snippet with random anectodes in the main show. NakoMiku still being the energetic ones trying to play tag, Mio being emotionally fragile, Boss being Boss. Nothing new really, but many members were able to speak up, and the mood was lightened up for the monoboke battle.
      The Sasshi-segment made me wonder whether it really is common in Japan to receive your salary in person/cash as opposed to transferred to your bank account?

Yeah, I know I’ve mentioned this countless times, but what I really like about HKT is that they aren’t really serious about seniority. Maybe it’s just because they’re all so close in age, but you seem 3rd gens referring to 1st gens using “-chan” and they generally seem to have more of a older sis-younger sis dynamic than a senpai-kouhai dynamic. Also I’m glad Aoi actually spoke this episode. So far she’s just been making weird faces at the camera lol.

2. hakatateatimehakatateatime

Guess still No Mentaiko!…its okay to have fun in Osaka, Come Back Murashigi!
    Alway, Thanks for the Sub Blue!

Mentaiko!!

3. altaikho

On one hand, it’s sucks about Shige.  On the other hand, I’m happy to have Wakachan around so…we’ll call it almost even?  It’s hilarious that they have Miyawaki in the intro though.

Thanks as always for the subs!

(But do the members really think it’s useful to to know Sasshi wears thongs?  O.o)

Yeah, Sakura being in the opening credits even though she hasn’t appeared in even one episode is a bit strange, but I’m sure she’ll show up eventually. I know they filmed new episodes a few weeks back with Saechan and Emily, so I think she might be in that batch of episodes. Hopefully Shige is in that batch too. SakuAnna!

Sasshi seems really (sometimes uncomfortably) open with the members lol. During the AKB to XX New Years special, Sakura revealed that Sasshi has seen most of the hkt members’ nipples… Which is really weird and kinda gross, but I guess the girls are really open over there in Hakata.

4. Adelia

That was a really fun episode, the girls were very good at monoboke.

I’m always anticipating something from Meru now. During Monoboke she threw that frisbee so wildly and without thought directly towards the crew – you could see the girls were shocked, and then there was a cut haha; I wonder what happened during the cut. Then she frightens Hasegawa by telling him to eat a yoyo or something that she’s rapidly flinging around hehe.

Sashi saying Boss’s eyes are like shijimi clams was pretty mean, I felt sorry for her, I don’t like this idea that Boss is ugly, she’s actually very pretty, but Boss did provoke her first.

I think it’s kind of adorable that Aramaki is unable to drop the honorifics.

I didn’t realize how beautiful Jiina is until that little excerpt at the end from the Annex. When she started crying they did a long closeup of her face and she looked gorgeous. Maybe it’s because she tends to be quiet and relatively expressionless compared to some of the other girls, maybe it’s her long bangs hiding her face. I look forward to finding out more about her in the Annex

And thanks for all your work on these shows Blue, it means a lot to me, these girls really help to brighten up my day 🙂

I actually think Meru got in trouble by the staff for that, lol. Throwing the frisbee like that towards the camera/staff seems dangerous. But she has the bratiness thing down to a tee. I don’t think Boss is ugly, and I doubt the members (or Boss herself) believe she’s actually *that* ugly, but playing it up for the cameras for the sake of her chara is a good move. The Boss/Busu chara gives her a lot of material to work with, and I guess her self-deprecating humor is her shtick. Meanwhile, Jiina has a super narcissist chara lol. She is really pretty though! I think she’s like 1/4th or 1/8th white, which would explain why she looks a bit exotic. Idk how reliable it is, but according to twitter she got scouted by HoriPro in Shibuya, so I feel like she could go the model/talento route.

I’m glad to hear that! HKT is really fun. 🙂

2. pybcu FS

re Aramaki and the nickname: She managed in the meantime 🙂 (at Sasshi’s birthday celebration that was on Feb. 4th)
      I got suck into the interwebs once more, so sorry for commenting so much 🙂

Did you read Sasshi’s book? Seems like it is some good advice for anyone trying to make some business in Japan 🙂
      http://thirdwaveidolism.tumblr.com/post/106613586951/gyakuten-ryoku-always-show-proposals-twice or

no wonder she was voted MVP in 2014…
      http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/sashihara-rino-sasshi.1108/page-446#post-963478 English translation of her interview about it with some nice info.
      One quote because it matches this Epsiosde and the Annex spot on:

— What can you say about HKT48 members from your perspective?
      S: I’m not sure if that’s my influence, but everyone is unusually pragmatic. For example, AKB’s Nishino Miki-chan is naturally and instinctively funny in variety shows. But all HKT girls think. Purely funny is probably only Nako. Because I’ve thought them various technics, everyone became calculating and less exposed to mood swings. For better or worse, their hearts became stronger and I am the one to blame…

That’s enough, back to work 🙂

Sorry, I think your comment was marked as spam or something because of the links, but it’s approved now. 🙂 I actually haven’t read it yet, but I really should! I’m not particularly cut-throat, I prefer more egalitarian views, but I’ll definitely check it out. And it’s interesting how she’s had an effect on the HKT members, but I see what she means. I remember Sasshi telling the HKT members that it’s not the time for individual achievements, what HKT needs right now is for HKT, as a group, to develop more. Not saying the members aren’t ambitious or competitive with each other, but I think right now the whole “do it for the betterment of the whole group” is just one of the many reasons HKT hasn’t seen a lot of graduation. I do think Sasshi is responsible for instilling that in the girls!

5. pottie

Sakamoto’s last monoboke was genius, intentional or not! That anticipatory silence instead of “dame yo, dame dame” turned a simple impersonation gag into something hilarious, and it got the tsukkomi involved too.

As usual thanks for the subs Blue.

I’m surprised by how hard all the girls worked, even shy ones like Misaki-chan. I feel like Eretan is pretty good at variety- once she gets a bit more comfortable around her seniors, I bet she’ll be as crazy as Nako lol.

And no problem!

2. pybcu FS

Fully agree, the silence was much better than following through with it (it’s monoboke, not monomane after all :-))
      Also re “intentional or not” – the “Happy new Year” while in Christmas gear also made me wonder whether it was intentional or not – if so: chapeau – if not: was adorable nevertheless :-))
      And yes, the Tsukkomi also plays a big role in the whole thing. Also liked that he really hold back with Madoka

OHHHHH BOY….
    So when Tanaka Miku (I’m pretty sure it was her) pretty much destroyed Sakamoto with the frisbee right in his face, I laughed so hard I pretty much woke up my whole family who were sleeping (because I watch subs at like 2 in the morning lol). I seriously couldn’t stop laughing. It was so random. And then Meru just wildly tossing the frisbee and seeing everyone’s faces have that WTF look on them… PRICELESS!!!
    This episode ruled. I love, love, love Monoboke episodes! The only thing that felt mildly awkward was the Sasshi thong discussion, because a part of me felt a little weird for the girls who are really young hearing about thongs and such, but then another part of me was kind of thinking it was eroi but in a good way because I love Sasshi and think she’s one of the most beautiful AKB members, so to imagine her in a thong is pretty easy to do lol. But not in the presence of young, young girls like NakoMiku!  So you see my dilemma, hopefully.
    Anyway, this was probably my favorite episode so far. Thanks Blue. I seriously can’t stop smiling about the frisbee in Sakamoto’s face. OMOSHIROI!!!!

I’m not a fan of physical humor, so mobonoke isn’t really my thing, but Boss’ jokes made me laugh. She’s witty for a 14 year old. Yeah, the thong discussion was weird, but like I mentioned in one of the other comments, Sasshi seems pretty open with all the girls. I’m Sasshi’s age with a 14 year old little sister, and we’re close enough to discuss things like that, so I’m guessing maybe it’s kinda like that? Or maybe that isn’t normal and my sister and I are just weird too lol.

2. pybcu FS

Not sure whether I got the beginning of your comment. It was Yabuki Nako who dashed forward with the frisbee to the comedian’s face (called Hasegawa) at 12:11… Sakamoto (Erena, the girl who was later picked to receive the badge) didn’t have an over-the-top reaction at that point either. So somehow nothing fits except the “frisbee to face” part :-)maybe you’re talking about a different scene?

But to write something with a bit of info: I like how Nako is genuin/true to herself (at least for me it feels like that she doesn’t play a character). Also that she feels so comfortable around Sasshi that she repeatedly called her “mama” 🙂
      Sasshi’s tweet reads like:
      “Some time ago Nako told me »Ah, there’s something I want to show you Mama!«
      ›Mama…?‹ I think she unconciously made that mistake. With this, it is the third time that Nako mistook me for her mama.”

or also in the pair-HS event when they had a longer break and took a nap:
      Nako and Sasshi were paired up, and unlike usually, where each person gets her own futon, this time two people shared one.
      Nako wrote: “Like mama, she somewhat gives the piece-of-mind feeling, and I was able to fall asleep immediately” (well, actually not sure whether I got that correctly, the “It was cute” afterwards kind of makes me think it was Sasshi that felt asleep right away, so please blue/boke/everyone correct me if I translated anything wrong :-))

And it’s also the other way round, Nako supporting Sasshi, like for example around the time when Aki-P wrote that nonsense about Sasshi and Minami being spotted in a restaurant with some guys…
      N: I wasn’t able to meet you (>_<)
      S: Why not!
      N: Feeling better already?
      S: I'm fine.
      N: Thank good [what a relief/good to hear]
      N: Because when Sashiko-chan is not feeling well, Nako cannot feel well either.
      S: Tomorrow's handshake lines
      S: are next to each other
      N: Yay!
      N: Nako will protect Sashiko-chan
      S: kawaii
      S:

Blue, I can’t imagine you as anything but cool. Seriously. And I have two younger brothers and a younger sister and we talk about everything you can imagine, so I think maybe it’s just that the girls are all really close in a sisterly way. I didn’t think of it like that. Now that you put it that way, it does make sense they can talk to each other about sexual stuff without it being too weird.
     And as always, thanks again for your super hard work. I’m surprised you aren’t that much of a fan of monoboke/physical jokes. AKBINGO seems like it was entirely built on nothing BUT physical jokes, you know? But then again, everyone has their own preferences and for me, it’s the totally random stuff I dig the most.
     Can’t wait to check out the Annex episode you posted!

Haha, thanks. 🙂 But yeah, some people might think it’s a bit creepy that Sasshi is so open about stuff like that, but I guess when you’re close with your siblings it doesn’t seem too weird.

Lol I don’t think talking about thongs is going to corrupt the children! Besides none of them wanted to wear one despite Sasshi speaking positively about them. 🙂

8. MC

Thanks for the subs, Blue! I really enjoyed that episode. I was a lot of fun watching the girls go crazy, both with the Sasshi stories and the monoboke. Nako was on fire again this episode! And I hate to say this, sort of reflecting what someone above said, but while Rikopi is in charge of sexiness, I think Jiina should be. She’s quite stunning. I need to go watch ANNEX now.

You know how in “20nin no Shimai no Uta,” Rikopi’s line is something like, “Rikopi is in charge of sexiness, but she doesn’t get any gravure work”? So even though Rikopi’s known as HKT’s sexy rep., it’s in name only lol. Jiina could very well start doing a lot more gravure and get popular that way!