HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP04.5 – English Subs

February 10, 2015 by

Hyakkaten3EP04.5

This episode of Annex is a free talk! And who’s hosting? Aramaki Misaki-chan, of course. That push is strong. Watch as Misaki-chan stumbles through her first MC job. Who will come to her rescue? Tanaka Natsumi, of course. Can you believe they’re the same age?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP04.5

Original Air Date: 2/2/2015
Featuring: Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tanaka Miku, Tomonaga Mio, Moriyasu Madoka, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Natsumi, Kojina Yui, Motomura Aoi, Wakatabe Haruka, Aramaki Misaki, and Sakamoto Erena

31 thoughts on “HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP04.5 – English Subs

1. PaiShen

Yay thanks again Blue for the subs. Mirun face looks painfully forced during this Annex, but it’s adorable anyways. The difference between her and Boss is startling. LOL. It’s Boss vs. the upcoming 3rd gen boss. Her chara is becoming clearer lately and it’s quite refreshing, orthodox with a tinge of wildness (pulling up 30lbs of crustaceans is no joke). My only problem with the episode is the onii chan pandering, but I guess it comes with liking idols I guess more so with U-15 lolis.

I’ll be looking forward to the next ep because of the stupidity of monoboke battles. Erena was surprisingly not shy about it. And also Jiina’s tears for Annex makes it better than this ep.

I’m still not sure how Mirun got through the auditions or why she decided to audition in the first place (and it wasn’t just once- she failed the 2nd gen auditions). She’s ridiculously awkward and shy! But maybe she’s the second coming of Sawako lol. Yep, I don’t like that oniichan thing either. It’s one of the things I hate about following HKT, and I wish they would shed their loli image, as there are plenty of energetic, witty kids who don’t need to depend on their loliness to sell handshakes.

2. BurntJoint

Thanks for the subs Blue. I almost couldn’t watch the first half of it because of how awkward it all was but Boss really saved this episode, its so hard to tell they are the same age. Its nice that Misaki is given the chance to MC and its really the only way to get experience doing it, but im not sure i want to see her try and MC solo again. Also, the whole moe request stuff at the end felt way too forced.

Probably my least favourite of the annex episodes so far.

The cutest part of this episode to me was how all the other girls were so warm and encouraging to Mirun. HKT is known for being a really close-knit group, and I love that older sister-younger sister dynamic they have. It’s nice to see the other girls trying to help Misaki out.

And yeah, it wasn’t my favorite either. I hope they don’t continue with moe expression annex episodes because they’re so boring to me.

MIrun seems so innocent and it’s hard to watch her struggle at the beginning, but BOSS, oh man. I am liking this girl more and more and more. She’s another star I’ve discovered among HKT that is really sticking out to me. I love how she totally lived up to her nickname in this episode! Boss made this episode for me, though I did like how Haruppi couldn’t ask enough questions lol. Haruppi is amazing.

Boss is incredibly valuable to HKT. She’s not a popular member, heck, she’s not even a senbatsu member, but she’s always invited to HKT variety shows because she’s witty, self-deprecating, and an amazing tsukkomi. HKT is lucky to have someone like her!

4. gekiblackgekiblack

From past three episodes Meru is very outstanding.
    How about this one? Ha ha. It’s time to watch!

Thanks a lot, Blue

5. Ewit Evertsen

“the HH staff didn’t expect Aramaki to become MC either”. I’m thinking: uuh, what? But the ball with her name is in the freaking box isn’t it?? yo! Anyways, it’s just a matter of practise this MC-ing, if they would just prepare a little… It’s like trowing someone in the deep end to learn them swimming. But I guess thats just me, at that age I would be ‘what I gotta speak in front of people?? on tv?? red alarm!’

It was unfortunate that Mirun got picked on the free talk episode. If they had a ranking prepared, she could have just peeled off the tape, ask some questions, and let the other girls take over. At least she was cute?

Misaki stumbled pretty badly, but it’s not a really big surprise, it’s girls like Boss and Nako who are the real exception to the rule. I think Miku has grown more confident in the last few months but I think even she would have problems with solo MC. Still, it looks like Mirun has been picked to be a future front member so she’s going to need the practice. Watching this though, I’m really struck that while Boss was needed to save the situation, the group really needs members like Boss and Mirun, without any sense of difference in personality and abilities no-one would ever stand out. While I don’t really care for the whole Moe aesthetic, Mirun is really cute, but to me her cutest moment was when she thanked Natsumikan for helping her out. And to be honest, if they were going to make her cosplay, I wish they’d gone with Aoi’s initial idea and made her up like a Sukeban, that would’ve been fun. Not a great episode, but there was fun to be had, I liked Wakachan speaking up a bit more, next episode looks like being fun. That said though, when they don’t have Sasshi I think they need Aichan

PS 1: Mirun’s mole is very cute
    PS 2: It’s probably futile, but I still hope Non appears at some point

I don’t think all the girls need to be good at MC, although it doesn’t hurt to practice. Boss is only 14, and I’m hoping she sticks around until she’s at least 18, which means Sasshi and Aichan can graduate no problem since I’m confident Boss can easily take over MC duties if need be. To think that in the early days of Hyakkaten 1, Boss wasn’t talkative at all… I’m so glad for these shows, not only as a viewer and a fan, but for what they do for the girls, which is to give them a solid chara and help develop their variety skills. What I like about this season (although I have a lot of complaints as well) is that the focus is on the 3rd gens. It might be annoying to see all the attention go to them, but Hyakkaten has always been about selling new girls. Hyakkaten 1 did it with the 1st gens, Hyakkaten 2 with the 2nd gens (although to a smaller degree), and now it’s the 3rd gens time to shine. Push them early and aggressively, and you’ll theoretically avoid some of the problems faced by the other groups.

Anyway!!! Mirun is cute, she’s my 3rd gen favorite, and while it’s cool seeing her, I want to see the rest of the 3rd gens make an appearance. Saechan and Emily, especially!

7. 시카 권제시카 권제

Mirun should have just swayed side to side while Boss talks, but god that girl puts out excessive amounts of MOE! Maybe Sasshiko was at the HKT Audition when Mirun tried out the 3rd time and approved her LOLI Dominance. Anyway I loved the episode it was full of Mirun goodness and Nako and Meru my favs are in it so I cant complain. Once again THANK YOU Blue!!!!

I think it’s only pretty recently that Sasshi started paying attention to Misaki-chan. It seems Sasshi likes to hop from girl to girl lol. I hope Misaki-chan doesn’t stay a loli chara, I think if she grows a bit more, she could go the tall beauty route, which is what I’d like her to do! Elegant and refined!

Thanks Blue! I’m happy you subbed this show because it’s easily my favourite one being subbed currently. I also like that these online extras are becoming a thing now. The extras try some more interesting stuff compared to the traditional format of the main episodes, like these member talks (that Nogibingo did too, but not as well as this) or Ebi’s challenges.

I haven’t been around as much to ask you this, but what do you think of NGT48? Are you gonna follow them? I assume HKT oshis would be the most passionate in their love or hate of a new young group lol.

I’m glad! I’m happy that they decided to focus on the entire cast instead of just a few girls like in Ebi Calcio. It’s fun watching them interact with one another, the team bond is great!

I’m worried that HKT’s going to be neglected even more in regard to their music. They’ve been a group for over 3 years, yet they only have 4 singles and their 5th was delayed in favor of SKE and NMB’s singles. It’s obvious that HKT isn’t that big of a priority, so I’m afraid that with NGT becoming a thing, HKT will never get more than 2 singles a year. Oh, and don’t get me started on original stages! >< But that's the only thing I'm worried about. I like following new groups because I get to know everything about them, so they'll probably be a 2nd HKT to me. I just hope HKT doesn't develop a weird rivalry with them (like SKE-NMB).

I get the same feeling about HKT being neglected. Or maybe rather than neglected, it’s like they’re treated as the 48 Group kouhais and members who start to mature and show a lot of promise are snatched up by other groups instead of focusing on making HKT stronger. I guess that’s also a part of maintaining their young and fresh identity though.

I think HKT will probably be pushed as a NGT rival, to be honest. Nogizaka was made to be AKBs rival and it’s no coincidence that SKE and NMB have paired up too. Rivalries create more interest in the groups and invigorate fans to support them more. It could actually benefit HKT more than anyone.

Anyway, I’ll be happy to follow them too. Although, I’m a little baffled as to why they’re even making a new group now, when it seems like AKB is taking a bit of a hit in popularity for “more of the same”. Solution: make another group like the others? But from a fan perspective, that just makes me more interested to see what happens.

9. Adelia

Mirun doing MC with no topic or setup just free talk was an unusual combination that’s for sure, but I like the way it brought out the caring protective side of the members; that’s always heartwarming to see. I want Meru to MC an Annex, I have visions (and hopes!) of it becoming unhinged and other members needing repeatedly jump up to rescue and restrain proceedings 🙂

Same, it was so cute seeing the girls helping Mirun. My favorite part was when Meru asked about her bangs and all the other girls had to be like, “It’s cute!” to reassure poor, awkward Mirun. Meru has no filter and does whatever she wants, I bet her MC would be crazy!

10. altaikho

At first this was adorable, but there’s only so far cuteness can carry an MC.  Thank goodness for Boss! I have this hope she’ll be in every episode as a backup and to occasionally poke fun at.  And  I totally agree with the above comment.  Meru should be unleashed upon annex, and we can all just enjoy the beautiful chaos that will ensue.

Thanks again for the subs!

Yeah, Boss is a really reliable MC these days. I noticed how she was asking questions to random girls (especially those who are more quiet) to get everyone involved, which I think she does better than Sasshi lol. HKT is so lucky to have a girl like her!

11. hakatateatimehakatateatime

Thanks for the English Sub, Love you Blue!

PS my Oshimen is Natsumi Matsuoka!
    Look forward for the next next episodes.