HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP04 – English Subs

February 7, 2015 by

Hyakkaten3EP04

On this episode, Tanaka Takushi from the comedy duo, Ungirls, joins the girls. He’s known for being lanky and a bit gross, his zanga zanga gag, and his thinning hair. How will the girls react to him?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP04

Original Air Date: 2/2/2015
Featuring: Sashihara Rino, Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tanaka Miku, Tomonaga Mio, Moriyasu Madoka, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Natsumi, Kojina Yui, Motomura Aoi, Wakatabe Haruka, Aramaki Misaki, and Sakamoto Erena

38 thoughts on “HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP04 – English Subs

1. BurntJoint

Aww yess!! ive been F5’ing your page for the last week! Thank you!

Blue, would you be open to accepting donations or starting a patreon to help get these out quicker and maybe a few other shows as well? I know subbers don’t like being rushed, but i would be willing to pay for more releases. Im being 100% serious.

I have a donation page, but I don’t have direct control over it. My webmaster does, and he sends me a notification every time I get a donation, although I haven’t heard from him in a while. So if anyone has donated in the last few months and I haven’t personally thanked you, that’s probably why. 🙁 Anyway, I don’t think I can work any faster, even with donations. >< Releasing 2 days after the episode airs requires me to work on it for several hours each day, and that's hard enough with life happening and all that. Although money would motivate me (lol), sometimes life gets too busy and it's impossible to release a subbed video any quicker than I normally do. And I don't like to break promises, so yeah. But I try to get the episode out before the next one airs, so it's usually no more than a week's wait!

1. BurntJoint

I think i figured out the reply problem, well i will after i submit this anyway 😀

I saw your reply about not wanting to profit off of copyright material, but technically we would be supporting you making the translations not the videos themselves. I know that is kind of a fine line to walk, but i think its a reasonable one.

As for the Patreon, you should definitely give it a look. Its kind of like kickstarter, but a more reliable solution with some people making thousands of dollars. One of the podcasts i listen to is funded for $14,000 a month! i hope its ok to link it here as an example…. https://www.patreon.com/acedtect

If that isn’t your thing, a personal PayPal account can be set up in minutes and all of the money goes straight into your bank account.

Thank you for the suggestion, but apparently my webmaster is in the process of moving, which is why he’s been MIA. When he has time, I’ll talk to him about it, so I don’t have to keep asking him to process orders for me!

OK firstly I’m going to be a bit overly defensive and say two things; Firstly, I find Sasshi super cute and don’t understand anyone who says differently. Secondly, I really like Yamamoto Sayaka, and I find it sad that she’s now seen as a kind of “hot body” idol when I think she has a cool personality, and a very pretty and unique face. That over and done with I guess we already discussed the weird tone of this episode already, and I didn’t rate it that highly, but I am pretty impressed by the way that the members always make every episode enjoyable to a certain extent even if it’s just Mio acting grossed out. I think it’s a shame Aichan wasn’t there because I’m sure she’d have something to say as well. And I really liked Haruppi’s bento which seemed like a not-too-subtle insult to this guy and a protest against having to do that in the first place, it made me lol.

Haha, I never got that whole Sasshi is busu thing, so yeah, I agree. I know Sasshi makes tons of money off her chara, but I still rolled my eyes when he said that. But I don’t like him to begin with, so I might be just a tiny bit biased… Heh. I loved when Miku was like, “Eh?” when Tanaka talked about eating the bento together. Even fisher Miku couldn’t stop herself from saying that lol. I know, I love the members who didn’t put that much effort into it, like Mio. The whole segment seemed a little messed up, like I’m not sure why the members had to make bento for him and then hear him criticize it (poor Eretan, I felt SO bad). They shouldn’t have to cook for anyone tbh. If it were me, I’d just give him a big helping of rice lol.

3. 시카 권제시카 권제

LOL @ Aoi The Fire Child winning the bento contest. I knew she would win it from the start, her bento looks good enough to be from one of those maid cafes all over Akihabara. Im really glad Erena and Mirun is back, GOD Mirun is so cute she winning me over every episode. I just love Mirun to bits. Also I noticed Mikurin is getting close to her a bit always hugging her. Nako and Meru loud as always, like it should be official you cant have an episode without this two. I LOL’d so hard when I saw Harrupi’s bento, MASSACRED that bento LIKE A BOSS!

Aoi has a good eye for style. When I saw that bento, I immediately knew it was Aoi’s. I know, Mirun is an angel! Have you seen the latest Odekake? She has a gap like Aoi’s, which would explain why I like her so much. Mikurin realizes how cute Mirun is, too. But Mirun is older, which is weird to think about. Haruppi didn’t give a damn, she just threw hijiki on top of rice and called it a black bento. Truly inspiring.

4. BurntJoint

[im probably doing this wrong because my replies never appear under the comment im actually replying to even when i press the “reply” button, but this one is to you Blue]

Yeah I understand real life gets in the way and you are always so quick to have these out, i guess i just can’t get enough of these shows… You should find a way to set up your own donation account though so you know when you get donations. I dont want to send you something and then you not get it…

[Hmm, I wonder why? If I were tech-savvy, I’d look into it, but I’m not. 🙁 Sorry.]

Yeah, that’s true. I’d feel bad for ppl who were nice enough to donate, but it didn’t end up to the intended person. I’ve never set one up before so I’ll have to look into it, but I probably will sometime in the future if I don’t hear back from my webmaster.

5. aegis

some how i feel nako is like the second coming of oshima yuko. keep feeling that vibe in this episode. lol. always smiling and do anything whole heartedly.

6. Putraman

Thanks for your hard work!

Tanaka’s reputation really does precede him, huh? Glad the episode turned out enjoyable at least. Oh and Blue you should probably put a note that donations go to the webmaster first to prevent confusion! ^^

Hope you enjoyed it! And yeah, I feel like they shouldn’t have invited him, but I’m just a hater. -.-

And yes, I definitely should, but I’m not sure how to edit the “donate” page. I think it also affects Half’s page, which I don’t want to do. I definitely want to be more transparent when it comes to things like that. I’ll come up with a solution in the next week or so!

7. pottie

I second the motion for a Patreon – I don’t know how much commission they take but it’s convenient for users to contribute recurring “tips” per release or per month

Oh, I had no idea Patreon was an actual site, I thought it was a misspelling of ‘patron’ lol. I’ll check it out! But at the same time, I feel a bit iffy about making recurring tips off these videos. Donations are lovely and I appreciate it a ton, and I always spend it on buying HKT-related things, so while the money technically goes back to AKS, I’m still just a subber. I don’t create these videos, just offer translations. Morally, it feels wrong to make money off pirated material. ><

8. altaikho

I’ve skimmed through the other comments here and elsewhere, and I was wondering two things.  One, how is the episode a bit weird or dull?  I thought it was still quite fun, and I think I am finally sold on Nakomiku and Aramaki Misaki.  Maybe that speaks more toward the members’ abilities, but I don’t know any better.  Two, what’s this about the guest’s reputation?  Is he a creepy guy or a jerk or something?  O.o  I did think some of his judgments of their bentos were kinda harsh, especially if it was their first time making one.  I guess that’s the point of inviting “antis,” but still…  ALSO not a fan of what he said about Sayanee.  Sure, she is a gorgeous lady, but that’s missing the best things about her!  I’m probably biased though.
    Lastly, Shige should come home now.  Without her, Tani, or Nakanishi around, there is no “annoying gui gui” representative, and that makes me sad.

Anywho, thank you for the subs, Blue!  Sorry for being a bit long winded here.

I’m just biased against Tanaka, lol. I don’t think it’s a bad episode per se, it’s just not something I prefer. Ungirls Tanaka is known for being pretty gross- I don’t think it’s in a perverted way, just how he acts and how he looks. I personally don’t enjoy his brand of comedy, but that’s just me. If you enjoyed it, that’s great! I liked Mitz’s episode the best, but I feel like I’m in the minority. I guess it all comes down to personal taste!

I really, really hope Shige makes it into at least 1 episode. I feel like she was able to really push her gui-gui chara on Hyakkaten 1 & 2, so it’d be a shame if she was completely taken out of 3. They’re definitely missing a boke in the lineup.

Blue, arigato!
     So Boss continues to be amazing. I loved her crab impression! Better than Tanaka san’s impression, in my humble opinion. And look at how your oshi totally owned the bento competition! I swear she’s going to be HKT’s hidden ace that breaks into the senbatsu one of these days. I know it.
    As for ungirls being creepy, I think that’s his whole appeal, so if he were to suddenly be all nice and sweet, it wouldn’t make sense. I would think perhaps pairing him up with arguably the youngest of all the AKB families did seem a bit awkward, but in a way, I think it made this episode all the more funnier. Did you notice how when they all fell down the girls who fell down next to him I swear tried to move as far away as they could from him? Too funny!
    And yes, Sasshi is beyond beautiful. She’t not busu at all!!!! I think perhaps it’s how normal she looks to me that makes her so beautiful. Think about it… normal in a crowd of idols stands out, But I’ve seen some of her photobook stuff and wow…. maybe not so normal, more like KAMI!
    Great episode. Now all we need is some Shige.

Boss continues to impress me with every episode. She’s only 14, but her comedic timing and sense is impeccable. I hope she continues honing her skill! Aoi is amazing, but I talk about how great she is enough, so I’ll just say i hope she makes it to UG in the next SSK!

Ungirls Tanaka definitely wouldn’t be as popular if he wasn’t so gross, I think lol. But that’s his thing, so he should keep it I guess. And yeah, in what world is Sasshi ugly? These busu jokes about her doesn’t make sense anymore.

10. MC

Thanks for the subs, Blue! Loved that Aoi won the bento contest, but wanted her to talk more at that time. I also find Sasshi quite attractive. In fact, I find very few of the AKBG girls not cute. Some are down right gorgeous, like Nyan. I have been totally surprised/impressed at how awesome Nako is in this show. Girl knows no fear and just gives it her all. Really enjoying the season. Especially the Annex as you learn more about the girls.

Yeah, Aoi isn’t getting a lot of screentime, which is a bummer because she was so active in Hyakkaten 1. I guess she’s popular enough that she can sit there and look cute and still get invited back lol.

And same, I don’t find anyone ugly in the 48G. But having a busu chara isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you can turn it into a charm point. Annex is so good, thank god for Hulu!

11. Adelia

I don’t understand the appeal of Tanaka at all, but everyone seemed to be laughing at everything he said or did. Oh well, I’m sure Annex will be much better with the girls free to be themselves without the guest dominating.

12. MC

Yeah, Aoi doesn’t have to talk much. I remember an episode, I think it was Goboten Ep 7, when Sakura won the peach, Aoi was looking over her shoulder, dying to have a bite. Then it was “Guess the Name of the Volcanic Ash Can”, and Aoi got close, but Haruppi got it next. Aoi has such a funny “Arrrggg!” expression, it was hilarious. I really loved her Fire Episodes on Odekake.

13. aquabluesweater

Thank you so much for this sub! So happy to see Waka-chan and Aoitan coming third and first respectively. Really glad to see them getting screentime. Both lunch boxes look so good. Shame neihter of their great lunch boxes made quite as much of an impression as Mio’s mashups… I want to see more first gen screen times! (though Natsumikan really manages to have a good showing in every episode:) )

Nako’s bald face is also really funny. I’ve warmed up to her a lot more. She really is so energetic and and I don’t feel she grates me with her antics as much recently. This really is a good way for me to get to know all the 3rd gen I have to say.

Thanks again and watching HH with your sub is always one of my highlights of the weekend:) Please keep it up!