HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP03.5 – English Subs

January 31, 2015 by

Hyakkaten3EP03.5

On this episode of Annex hosted by Akiyoshi Yuka (aka riceball, for her triangle-shaped face), the “Who in HKT do you want as your girlfriend” ranking will be revealed! Who likes who? What do the girls look for in a partner? And what is Meru doing?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP03.5

Original Air Date: 1/26/2015
Featuring: Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tomonaga Mio, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Miku, Ota Aika, Anai Chihiro, Matsuoka Natsumi, Moriyasu Madoka, Yamamoto Mao, Akiyoshi Yuka, and Tanaka Natsumi
Translated/timed/subbed/etc. by: BlueMentaiko

48 thoughts on “HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP03.5 – English Subs

1. melonpandesal

Cant blame meru.. if you have a beautiful girl like capt in front you, i myself would like to kiss her also. Thanks blue!

Thanks a lot, it was fun watching again this week! I found it interesting how massively popular Nattsu and Chiichan were, because they both seemed to have a really specific “appeal”; everyone who wanted to be told what to do went for Nattsu, and everyone who wanted to do everything themselves went for Chiichan. I loved the Boss section at the beginning and Aichan’s boasting frustration at getting thrown over for Nattsu and Chiichan, but again I felt like the show was stolen by Meru’s doomed attempt to kiss Chiichan, with Chiichan driving in the last nail by saying she was sweaty. I thought it was funny that Meru still called her キャップ even while trying to get her to kiss. The only thing I was disappointed in was that they didn’t reveal which members chose each other (because it kind of seemed like a lot of people got a single vote). I remember SKE did that once and the resulting embarrassment was horribly funny. Weird thing is, I actually thought Chiichan’s hair was supposed to look like that, I thought it was cool XD

PS. Yuka is still the member more than any who I think is cute each and every time I see her

That’s an interesting point! To add to that, the members who voted for Chiichan were either a bit boyish (Ume, Raira, Goto) or into fashion (Aoi, Jiina), so I feel like Chiichan appeals to both men and women pretty equally. I believe she has a ton of female fans, probably more than the other HKT girls! And yeah, Hyakkaten should be called “Meru, Nako, Natsumikan & Friends,” seeing as they steal the show every week. And they’re all under 15… The future is bright! I really hope Meru continues with this chara! Yeah I think Chiichan’s haircut is really trendy right now. Paru has it too, and so do a bunch of Japanese girls.

1. pybcu FS

I think half’s list is meant – http://halfassedsubs.tumblr.com/AKBingo while that doesn’t list whether someone is actually working on an episode, once it is released, it will be added there.
        I also think that UKN will most likely to do it though, as they also did the 2014 one.. (and aidol is busy with enough with Majisuka4 and Ebi Calcio :-))

3. rXa

thanks for the sub, i rarely watch HKT’s show but i think this one is a good one.
    the only sad thing (for me) is up until this episode, sakuratan wasn’t there T-T
    thank god nakomiku’s always there,..and boss!! she looks interesting ^^

Sakura must be really busy right now, it’s understandable that Hyakkaten is on the back burner. I think they film in 4 episode blocks, so she might appear in the next 4 episodes. Or that’s my hope!

4. BurntJoint

Thanks again Blue, my Sunday has got off to a perfect start!

Meru has completely stolen this series so far. I dont know what happened to her since the last season, but she has become so much more outgoing and getting prettier by the day as well. She is starting to become the main reason i watch this show too.

Also can someone explain the S/M thing? i know its refering to the sadist/masochist thing, but surely its not to the same extent that we use in the west right?

Same! I’m not sure if it’s because I never paid much attention to Meru before, but I feel like this came out of nowhere. I had no idea she was so skilled at variety. Or maybe it’s not even skill, maybe that’s just her regular personality- fun, a little bratty, childish, but without trying too hard.

And I think Rodrigo is right; the concept of S/M in Japan isn’t necessarily connected to sexuality. It’s a lot more lighthearted.

5. MatsalarN

4am, just got back from work, see the new release \o/. Pizza is now in the oven and morning is saved! Thanks.

Also thanks for all previous releases, brought me immense joy. Long time lurker here.

/hide

6. Adelia

Meru is awesome! And Anai has always been a favorite of mine. I loved this episode! Thanks for all your hard work Blue 🙂

They’re both great! I used to be all about my oshimen, but these days I really care about the group as a whole. They’re all valuable in different ways, and I love how they play off each other!

Meru Chan is definitely taking over this series. She’s incredibly funny! I love how she kept going after Cap and wouldn’t quit. I get a sense that she’s not doing it for camera time but because she actually felt like kissing Cap!
     Toooooo funny!
     Also, the S/M concept in Japan, for the person who asked, is used mostly to describe personalities of people. So if you are an “S” you are bossy, more demanding, more the one in charge. If you are an “M” you are more inclined to be subservient, willing to agree easily with those around you, and devoted in the sense that you will do anything for those you care about our love. That sort of thing. In Japan, it’s very often that you will see most people in any service based industry playing the role of an “M” when in fact they might be an “S” in their private lives, due to the Honne/Tatamae ideology that dictates how you interact with strangers or people you barely know. It’s interesting that even at such a young age, these girls get that concept. It says a lot about Japan as a whole, that these kinds of things get defined so early on in a young girl’s life in Japan.
    Sorry for the dissertation lol. Thanks as always Blue!

Yeah, Meru seems pretty open about liking certain members (like Ume, for example), and I don’t think she’s playing it up for the cameras. Meru seems pretty genuine overall; like her personality in real life is the same as how she portrays herself as an idol.

And that was an interesting read. I definitely agree! Thanks for that.

8. ShaneShane

Thank you for subbing! Meru’s so awesome! Her interaction with Anai and her imagination proves that there’s really some truth about her Hentai Ranking in AKBingo hehehe, Nacchan so cute when she smiles! But i will choose Haruppi to be my girlfriend!  I think i love this corner than the actual episode so im thankful that you also sub this one.  Just wanna ask are you only focused on subbing Hakata Hyakkaten 3 now? I kind of miss you subbing Nogizakatte Do Ko 🙂
    Thank you for the hardwork 🙂 Have a nice day!

I don’t believe in ~fortune telling~ but I do think Meru’s a bit of a hentai. I mean, her fantasy was pretty weird, but to each her own. And same, Annex is turning out better than the actual show for me. I love member-driven segments like this.

And Rodrigo is right, Boke does NogiDoko. I only finished up NogiBingo 2; other than that, I haven’t touched Nogizaka things.

It was from the DVD extras of one of their singles, but I can’t remember which one. The video I saw was on Video48 before it folded, and I’ve not seen it elsewhere. You could try googling ”SKE48ポッキーゲーム”; there might be a few minutes of it on various youtube videos

9. Pingback: HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 Ep03.5 (Annex) | HKT48 Subs

10. pottie

Is it just me, or at about 8:03 into the video, the show’s producers mislabeled the “What can you do?” line with Haruppi’s name when it was Love-tan (I think) who said it?

11. aquabluesweater

Glad to see my oshi totally dominates this ranking! It’s funny to see her ponkotsu being one of her main appeal and that she totally play up on that. She looks really nice in the white dress too. So feminine. I really do want to see her playing more guitar too also! Hope to see it coming back in future HH episodes. It seems like part of the HH for me!

Meru  totally stole the show with her theatrics afterward. Really love her spoilt kid act. She has really gone so wild in HH and I am really liking her so much more! Seems like she just determines to go all out everytime:) Funny when Haruppi also said not to go help Cap too.

Love-tan is also funny in her ‘negative’ image:) I really want to know who other memebers chose though. We only know 16 out of 47 so there has to be so many 1 vote around.

Thank you as always for this sub!