HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP03 – English Subs

January 28, 2015 by

Hyakkaten3EP03

On this episode, the comedy group Jungle Pocket joins the girls. Watch as they shout, flatter, and, in Lovetan’s case, cry, as they compete for the prestigious oshimen badge.

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP03

Original Air Date: 1/26/2015
Featuring: Sashihara Rino, Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tomonaga Mio, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Miku, Ota Aika, Anai Chihiro, Matsuoka Natsumi, Moriyasu Madoka, Yamamoto Mao, Akiyoshi Yuka, and Tanaka Natsumi
Translated/timed/subbed/etc. by: BlueMentaiko

56 thoughts on “HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP03 – English Subs

Next week Tanaka from Ungirls is coming, and he’s kinda big, but that might only be because I see him all the time on Ametalk. But I don’t think they can afford to bring Ariyoshi/Sanma/etc. level people.

1. アイドル温泉

Great job with the subs. Thanks for working so hard on it. More people need to be exposed to such a funny show! Yabuki was on her “A” game from the start. Poor Cap only got to point to her bangs in this show. (笑)At least she will get plenty of love in the Annex section.

No problem, hope you enjoyed it! 🙂 I know I’m super biased, but Hyakkaten hit all the right notes with me. I was scared HKT was going to get a Genin-esque TV show, I’m really glad we got this instead. And oh yeah, the Annex segment is gold this time around!!

2. BurntJoint

OMG! I need a Jungle Pocket / HKT48 show right now!
    Meru’s sweaty armpits made a sneak appearance in the episode as well 🙂

I hope HKT can develop good relationships with all the guests that come on! It’d be nice if they got to work with them more often, like they do with Goto. I think they film in 4 episode sessions, which would explain the sweaty pits haha.

I’m trying to keep to a schedule with these releases. So far so good, hopefully it lasts! And Hyakkaten before bed? I hope you didn’t dream of Meru’s sweaty pits. 😛

3. 시카 권제시카 권제

Thank You Blue and can I ask only if you have time if you can sub Odekake 141224 episode 97, that’s the kodomo loli power episode LOL! with Nako, Miku and Aramaki. Once again Thank You Blue!!!!!

I didn’t like this as much as the last two episodes but it still had some awesome stand out moments; Aichan saying she wanted Mayu to die, Nako channelling her inner yanki-esque lover, Mao’s total failure, Haruppi’s smile while trying to big up a kiwi and Boss’ embarrassment at that photo. I’m looking forward to the Annex section more though; I think the topic should be fun and there’ll be guaranteed Yuka.

Yeah, this episode kinda felt flat, but I don’t like reaction-based humor so that may be why. I didn’t get the purpose of those 2 segments as well. I found Madoka trying desperately to compliment Boss’ audition picture funny, but other than that it wasn’t very good. Thank god for Annex, I’m really enjoying it. Can’t wait for that Meru attack!

I had no idea Nacchan was into that kind of thing. Surprised me a bit, but it was pretty cute how she started blushing. But also a bit weird since he’s much older. :O

5. altaikho

I first saw Nakomiku on Goboten and was not really impressed, but recently Yabuki has been hilarious!  My favorite thing about idols is watching them grow as entertainers so that’s great for her.  And even Aichan who hates bugs felt bad about dropping it.  I thought that was rather endearing.  The beginning bit with Natsu was a bit weird for me though…

Can’t wait for Annex, so thanks again!

I can relate so much. I didn’t really like NakoMiku at first, I thought they were nothing special. But over the last few months they’ve been really growing on me. And they compliment each other so well too, what with Miku’s serious, reserved, almost judgmental demeanor and Nako’s fun, bratty, loud attitude. And I agree about the Nacchan thing- he’s like in his late 30s and roleplaying as student/teacher… But cultural relativism, I guess? Idk, it was weird.

6. nakooshinakooshi

ブルさん、

サブタイトル を したら ほんとに ありがとう!。もし サブタイトル が ない、私少し わからない。ほんとに ありがとうおおおい。

7. MC

Thanks for the subs! I really appreciated Lovetan’s honesty. But they really love to torment her with the larvae! Her “Cute” was awesome!!!

And can someone tell me the deal with the Kabe-don? I mean, I know what it is, but why is it so popular recently? In the last 2 J-drama seasons, there have been multiple references to the Kabe-don. They even mentioned it in Calcio. If it’s just a fad, I’m ok with it, just curious is all.

Poor Lovetan. Hyakkaten loves making the members cry I swear lol.

I think it’s just a fad, but I’m not sure. I feel like it exploded in the last year, and now everyone and their grandmas have an “ideal” kabe-don.

Thanks Blue! I might have a hard time keeping up with all the shows being subbed but I’m trying. >_< I watched the previous episodes and I really like this show. It's nice to see Wakachan getting more air time too. Go figure, I pick a back row member as an oshi, but I really like her. I like to think I have a good eye for idols, so I think she'll become more popular. It's just a matter of time and opportunity, like Tani. I don't get to see her much on tv though, and she's growing up fast… I think she's starting to look a lot like Abe Maria.

Suberi! You have a wife and a life now, you shouldn’t feel obligated to keep up with Hyakkaten! Wakachan is your oshi? Cool, cool! She’s so pretty and she gets a good amount of local work related to baseball, I believe. The perks of being the daughter of a former Hawks player! She might never become a super senbatsu, super popular, SSK ranking member, but she’s doing well in the baseball circle. Maybe she’ll follow in her mom’s footsteps and become a announcer/local talent!

Haha It’s not THAT different. I had a gf and a life before too. It’s just gonna take time to settle into a new kind of life. Yeah, I instantly liked Wakachan since her Shakariki episode you subbed. It’s good that she’s getting work at least, and I know she wants to be announcer, so that will help, but I still hope she becomes a bigger name in 48G too. She’s only 16 so there’s plenty of time.

9. nakooshinakooshi

blue, if u dun mind could u share how many yrs u learn jap before finally managing to sub videos? I’ve been learning jap for a yr but I still hav some problems in understanding, especially when the girls talk really fast

I’m actually Japanese, lol. I grew up speaking English, but technically my first language is Japanese. Although I have a basic understanding of Japanese grammar (I couldn’t tell you why certain things are wrong, I just *know* because it sounds wrong), I take Japanese classes in school to help with vocab, kanji, and harder sentence structures, and I also watch a lot of Japanese TV shows to help with listening comprehension. That might help you? I think the more you become familiar with listening to Japanese, the easier it will be to understand it. Good luck!

If it helps answer your question subbed a few episodes too with about 2 1/2 years of Japanese experience (from total beginner); you can probably do it fairly soon as long as you can find some help. The only thing I’d say is that if you’ve not had much practical experience “hearing” the words could be quite hard, and that’s why I always took such a long time

1. nakooshinakooshi

2 1/2 yrs? thats really long, I thought it would take a yr or so.. oh well, gotta study harder for the sake of watching hkt raws, 笑
          thanks for sharing , i hope i can start subbing asap those episodes that I like

Nako Miku are really growing on me. They are adorable!
     Aichan saying she wanted Mayuyu to die was the highlight for me. I really think she meant that lol. Of course, happy to hear her and Mayuyu are good friends.
     Thank you as always Blue! Totally loving HKT even more now.

I’m sure the idol industry is super competitive, so I don’t think it’s that surprising to hear girls thinking like that about other girls. But they’re close, and now Lovetan has her own thing going with HKT, so everything is all right in the end!

11. BurntJoint

I dont know why, but her sweaty armpits have made me like her so much more. She used to be so shy and reserved but now she is also acting so much more carefree these last few shows and i really like that too.

Same, haha. I love people who can laugh at themselves, and the fact that Meru can do so about something as embarrassing as sweaty pits is really great. So excited to see more of her in the future!

12. BurntJoint

13. miadinhomiadinho

i think it’s safe to say that the guests on hyakkaten 3 so far aren’t too much of hkt antis. if they want a ‘real’ anti perhaps they should bring matsuko deluxe to the show considering her recent comments on the chance of 48 groups performs on 2020 olympic opening/closing ceremony :3

on the other hand, i really really like when idols cry, it multiplies their cuteness in an instant :3
    they should do that ona regular basis :v

To be fair, I don’t think most people, including 48 fans, really want any 48 participation at a huge, worldwide event like the Olympics. I’m not a fan of seeing popstars performing at the opening/closing ceremonies anyway, and I think doing something more traditional, like calligraphy or whatever, mixed in with something really modern, like robotics, would be so much better than inviting an idol group with questionable gimmicks. Plus, inviting them would engender a lot of controversy, from both within Japan and the West, and I don’t really wanna see that. -.-

But yes! They should invite Matsuko Deluxe. She’s so funny!

14. yadayada

all the love for jungle pocket for bringing akiyoshi into the spotlight not once but twice! haha even akiyoshi is surprised when they grouped her with nakomikumio. can’t wait for the annex epi for more akiyoshi’s gold <3

and rabutan is seriously gold herself, that mayu statement will go down in history and the reason why she cried is endearingly cute (i thought she was crying bcs she's too scared)

I always forget just how young Yuka-chan is. NakoMiku and wMikan are all around the same age, but they couldn’t be anymore different! And yeah, Lovetan is pretty blunt and honest about everything, which is great. I like idols who can speak their mind!

15. randy

I was watching Lovetan, thinking – “wouldn’t it be great if there was a giant bug in there? – and as soon as Sasshi told her to open it, I KNEW it was going to happen. : )

I saw an interesting comment from someone on a stage48 forum comparing Nako to a young Oshima Yuko. I think she definitely has that potential, at least from a variety perspective.

The Hyakkaten staff love teasing Lovetan with bugs. Well, they love making the members cry in general haha.

Now that you mention it, yeah, I feel like there are a few similarities. I feel like Meru, with her unapologetic sense of humor, is a bit like Yuko too.

16. Adelia

Thanks Blue. Not one of the stronger episodes, but still enjoyable. Can’t wait for the Annex, sounds like I’m not the only fan of Cap (Anai) 🙂