HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP02 – English Subs

January 21, 2015 by

Hyakkaten3EP02

Just to clear things up, the whole 2-people-subbing-hyakkaten ordeal has been resolved. This version is for all the people who cannot torrent or prefer softsubs.

On this episode, Mitz Mangrove, a famous cross-dressing talent, will visit the girls. How will the girls react to Mitz who isn’t afraid to say what’s on her mind? Plus, that famous segment will make its return! And on top of that, Aramaki Misaki and Sakamoto Erena, the 3rd gen cuties, will appear Hyakkaten for the first time. Please give them a chance, they’re the cutest. *_*

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP02

Original Air Date: 1/19/2015
Featuring: Sashihara Rino, Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tanaka Miku, Tomonaga Mio, Moriyasu Madoka, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Natsumi, Kojina Yui, Motomura Aoi, Wakatabe Haruka, Aramaki Misaki, and Sakamoto Erena

62 thoughts on “HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP02 – English Subs

I actually always thought Boss was cute, I’m not sure if this is a cultural difference thing because the Japanese don’t really value long faces or I just have weird views, or, of course, both. I thought the combination of the fluffy pink pyjamas and her towel use habits was pretty funny as well. I liked the paradox of the hints for Haruppi as well; the constant vigilance over dieting clashing with her inability to realise people can see her pants. (I’ve actually seen this happen in real life, and it created a uniquely awkward situation where an entire shop full of people couldn’t look each other in the eye). I don’t think she needs to marry rich though; asking Sasshi for economic advice should be more than enough. I’m glad Misaki got a part as well, it was fun to finally see her with a proper role, although I guess all I know is that she’s a cute girl who can cry in the most non-threatening situations. I hope Sae’s on the next episode for the same reason; I want to satisfy my curiosity. On the other hand, while I feel the parents of those three don’t have much to worry about Mio’s parents should definitely be worried. I guess I’m happy enough with the new format, it is a lot of fun and I know a fair bit about most of the members now.

Also, the thumbnail you used is exactly the same one I would have used if I were you XD

1. Rodrigo Pacheco

i think it is cultural, really. They girls just keep saying in the last episode how Moriyasu  is such a beauty. Well, for me there is a lot of girls that are prettier, Boss included. So i guess you are right about the cultural thing.

I think Boss is beautiful, but maybe not cute in the idol sense. Her features are pretty nice, and I think she’ll only grow more beautiful as she ages. I was actually uncomfortable with Haruppi’s diet story. She’s already so skinny, she really doesn’t need to starve herself. 🙁 I believe she mentioned that she was quite chubby as a kid, so there might be some kind of issue going on there. I just hope she doesn’t end up like Jurina. And yeah, they should definitely follow Sasshi’s plan. On the last episode of Odekake, Sasshi mentioned that she saves a lot of money, that she’s super frugal. That’s better than relying on a husband for financial security.  Misaki-chan is so cute, and I love crybabies, but I do hope she gets a little stronger. >< She definitely needs thicker skin to survive in the idol world.

Yeah I’m worried about diet and idols in general, especially because I’m a Momoclo fan and one of their members had to fight an unfortunately public battle with anorexia (thankfully she seems better these days). I think the thing about dieting is that it doesn’t have to be bad if you sit down and carefully work out how to get the most nutrition out of your food it can actually be really positive for your health, but given her commitments I doubt she’s doing that. I’m a compulsive worrier so things like that will probably always make me paranoid. I am worried about her ending up like Jurina (in that sense), you can tell she never fed herself properly or she’d be about 6’1″ by now. As for following Sasshi’s lead; I know a lot of members want to grow up to be housewives, which is their choice, but if they follow their idol dreams and make a heap as big as Sasshi’s they can be housewives with a super ikemen trophy husband because they have all the money.

2. Manolo

It’s a shame, I thought subbing community help each other spread the fandom. I hope you still continue doing the show if not you still have the anex web show, thanks for the hard work ;o)

3. randy

It has to be cultural. I have a hard time grasping that the Japanese see Madoka as a beauty and girls like Boss and Yuka-chan as ugly. Boss, in particular, reminds me of tall, skinny girls I used to know that were gawky as kids but grew beautiful as they got older. Now, Kaotan, yeah, that’s busu. (I still like Kaotan, though)

I think Madoka is quite beautiful, but I’m Japanese so yeah, maybe that has something to do with it. I think she has features that are traditionally non-Japanese (bigger eyes, tall nose), which might make her more appealing to Japanese people. I don’t think Boss or Yuka-chan is ugly, though. Heck, I don’t think super busu chara girls like Sasshi is either. But having a busu character is beneficial in some ways!

4. altaikho

YAY!  Thank you for all your hard work, Blue!  You sure work fast.  I really don’t want to add to all the drama, so I’m just gonna say that HKT is the best!  If you sub it, we will watch!

I like how they did essentially the same segment in Tonkotstu (Mio’s mom even references it).  I kinda expected the guest to be harder on them after the intro, but she was surprisingly fun.  I also don’t really see how Boss can be considered “needs plastic surgery ugly,” but it was really funny watching her get picked on, when it’s generally the other way around.  It was good to see Wakachan get in some screen time because I haven’t really seen her in much that gets subbed.

HKT is definitely the best! 🙂 Yeah, Hyakkaten 3 is like a crossover between Hyakkaten 1 & 2 and Tonkotsu. I thought having non-48 guests would be a bad move, but I’m enjoying it a lot thus far. But it also helps that the last 2 guests have been great, fun people. Boss definitely doesn’t need plastic surgery, and I’m glad Mitz-san told her that she wasn’t ugly. I hope Wakachan (along with a lot of the other less popular girls) get a chance to appear more often. Some of them are hilarious!

5. dinbradpitt

Wow.this episode so nice.arigato blue.now I know little secret about miotan spoil baby.ive watch 5 time already today.cant wait for the next episode.

6. Adelia

Really loving this series so far, and the annex is just as good as the main show. I never thought Boss was beautiful or cute, but in this episode it seems like she may be transforming into a striking beauty (that comment, about her looking like a doll bought from overseas that may have a curse on it, was still hilarious though.) Also (Randy), I actually find Kaotan very cute.

Blue, please keep subbing, you do a great job and I can only access these shows on Dailymotion.

I actually like the annex segment a tad bit more than the main segment, but only because it’s member-driven. Boss is growing up really nicely, she’s no longer that awkward, lanky kid. (Well, she’s still lanky, but I think that’s what makes her standout even more). 🙂

And I will! I wouldn’t want people who can’t torrent to miss out on this great series.

7. E-one RezE-one Rez

Blue still remember me?
    Thank you for the subs as always!

btw, this might be not related to hyakatten but is there anything happen to chiichan?
    I don’t know if it just me or she doesn’t look as energetic like before and that hairstyle too
    she doesn’t really into hyakatten s3ep1

I do! Sorry I hadn’t updated in a long while. ><

Chiichan has always been a bit more reserved compared to the other girls (especially Nako and Meru, who are just big balls of energy). She's funny when she wants to be, but for the most part I think she likes to sit back and let the others do the talking, unless it's specifically about her. But it's only ep.2, I'm sure she'll get her time to shine.

8. coconoar

definitely will enjoy this episode 🙂
    btw one of the best thing about your sub is the comment community is alive also 🙂 I enjoy reading them one by one and seeing fellow HKT oshi <3

Same, I like being able to talk about the episode with people, too. It’s not something you can really do over twitter, what with the character limit and all, so I’m glad I can read people’s thoughts about the episode here. 🙂

9. coconoar

ufff ended up watching it now even though i have planned to save it for weekend >.<
    Hmm what to say this episode is interesting as well. The 2 new long haired girl in the front is it sashi new double loli projects? seems they both look alike?
    And yes i seriously don't understand why they call bossu ugly @[email protected] she's not even near to ugly. I think her biggest problem is her height. Can't wait for annex segment, i want to hear how mio MC, her voice is so messed up and adorable at the same time XD

Thanks for the eps blue

You mean Aramaki Misaki and Sakamoto Erena? They’re 3rd gens, maybe a year older than NakoMiku. I don’t think they’re pushed as a pair, but they do kinda look a like. I’m hoping one day EreMisaki becomes a thing and they become the rival pair to NakoMiku lol.

Yeah, Boss isn’t ugly at all. Her height is only a problem as an idol- she could pursue modeling if that doesn’t work out. ><

Thanks Blue. I’m happy everything is sorted and you’ll still sub the series. Softsub, hardsub, stream, torrent; doesn’t matter, I just like your subs. 🙂 Now I just need to start watching these eps…

Yeah, like explaining to her my love for idols. I wonder how I should start?
        “Because I support the pure dreams of these young girls.”
        “Because it’s fun to watch.”
        “Because, just look at them. No offense but Japanese cute is best cute.”

I’ve been thinking that. Even if she doesn’t like it, no problem, I’ll happily keep it for myself. I kind of like it that way, actually. I mean, what if I create an anti to my oshis?! Then again, it might be impossible to justify a solo trip to Japan to meet a large group of young pretty girls. 😉

You’re asking me right? It was Takagi Reni (the purple member); I don’t think it was ever official but it was pretty clear to everyone because her weight dropped like a stone very quickly over several months in 2010. She’s still unusually thin, but I don’t think she looks unhealthy anymore.

11. miadinhomiadinho

thanx a lot for the sub blue!! sorry i can’t always write comments as i often download your subs 🙂

i think the hh3 should guested popular geinin like matsumoto hitoshi, sanma-san or matsuko deluxe. i think they’re not interested in idol and it’s a perfect chance for hkt to appeal to them. that’s only the show’s budget could accomodate it hehe

It’s no problem! Yeah, I think it’s a bit too expensive to book top-tier geinins. Maybe Ariyoshi? But only because he’s in the same agency as Sasshi. No way Downtown or Sanma would come lol.

12. MC

Thanks for the subs! Fun episode as usual. The girls calling that “woman’ a man made my day. LOL. Wondering if Mio can really pull off the MC in the next Annex.

arigato Blue! Keep subbing as much as you want. I support everything you do :).
    As for this episode, Boss is pretty and I don’t care what anyone says, I find her way more prettier than Madoka I mean, no offense to her, but I really don’t get her appeal one bit. I totally loved Misaki chan! I hope we get to see more of her and it would be great to watch her break out of her shell one day. She definitely needs that thick skin you were talking about or the idol world will eat her up.
    I wasn’t bothered so much by Haruppi’s comment like everyone else was, but that’s because I think in this world, the minute a girl talks about her fears of looking bigger, everyone gets scared she’ll develop a mental problem like Anorexia or Bulimia. But I think one thing to remember here is that these girls are trained dancers with rigorous rehearsals and constant work outside of shows and rehearsals. So being skinny almost would come naturally through all the labor intensive work and the dieting most of them do. I think Haruppi probably just needs to remember that. Also, she’s already drop dead gorgeous and not because of her weight. Her personality rules, so I think with a self-confidence boost, she’ll get to a place where she’ll be comfortable in her own skin. And let’s not forget she’s a teenage girl full or hormones and surrounded by tons of other girls who are trying to look beautiful and act beautiful every second of the day in order to keep their positions viable within the AKB group. Maybe what Haruppi needs is a behind the scenes sit down with her peers and the staff to let her know she’s one of the best in the entire AKB family, and I think if she hears that, then maybe she’ll start to believe it herself. But give her time… she’ll get there naturally, more than likely, as she continues to grow up and mature. I do wish her the best and all the HKT girls. They are easily my favorite AKB group.
    Thanks so much Blue for your gift to us. I can’t wait to see more!

I guess that “Boss is ugly” part riled a lot of people up! She’s definitely not ugly, but I can see how some idol fans wouldn’t enjoy her looks, since it’s not “cute” at all. I think the biggest problem I have with Haruppi’s story is that the other girls are calling it admirable. I think it’s admirable being able to stay away from unhealthy food (which might be what she’s talking about), but depriving her own body of food, esp. with her busy schedule, doesn’t sound good. >< But right, Haruppi is very ambitious and determined, and it's one of the things I like most about her, so I do hope she makes it far. 🙂

So will the other subber not continue subbing this series? I didn’t understand how it was resolved but I really prefer your subs. What exactly is the resolution? Thanks for the episode as always!

15. Pingback: HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 Ep02 | HKT48 Subs