HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP01.5 – English Subs

January 18, 2015 by

Hyakkaten3EP01.5

Here is the Hulu bonus video, HaKaTa Hyakkaten Annex episode 1! Basically it’s 19 minutes of extra content with a member being chosen at random to take over MC duties every week since Sasshi will be absent. The theme for this week is “HKT48 Oshimen Ranking as Voted by HKT Members.” Who will rank?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP01.5

Original Air Date: 1/12/2015
Featuring: Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tomonaga Mio, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Miku, Ota Aika, Anai Chihiro, Matsuoka Natsumi, Moriyasu Madoka, Yamamoto Mao, Akiyoshi Yuka, and Tanaka Natsumi
Translated/timed/subbed/etc. by: BlueMentaiko

38 thoughts on “HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 EP01.5 – English Subs

Thanks a lot for subbing this as well, it was really fun to hear all the members talk about each other. I can totally see why Morippo is so popular, she seems so calm and pleasant to be around, I like her sense of humour as well. As a total Boss-lover I’m glad she was able to have such a prominent role here as well, I never feel like there’s a dull moment when she’s around. I wish Aichan had spoken up a bit more during the episode instead of just at the end, but I guess she was sulking a bit. Anyway, the whole episode was clearly designed to invoke this kind of “Wow, I super-love the members” reaction and it worked on me.

Yeah, I enjoy segments like this a lot. I love hearing about the relationships between members, especially in a tight-knit group like HKT. And definitely, Moripo is like the kindest person ever, it was no surprise that she came in 1st. Literally an angel who never talks bad about anyone. *_* Boss is so amazing at MCs. She’s so young, but she did a really good job controlling the tempo of the talk while also letting the other members, even her kouhais, make fun of her. It made the talk really lively and fun. I think Rabutan is pretty quiet on shows in general. She pretty much lets other members have the spotlight. When she does talk though, she has that “scary older sister” vibe which is always fun to see. I’m glad you feel that way! I love these members so much, so it’s cool when non-HKT oshis feel the same.

Now that you mention it she does tend to stay quiet and let the younger members take the spotlight these days, she’s grown up a lot and I like her a lot more for that. I don’t think of my favourite group in the same way I think of my favourite member and I quite often change it; to be honest if SKE have more graduations HKT will probably end up as my favourite group by the end of the year. I know HKT are often seen as the privileged children of 48G because AKB cleared the way for them to be popular, but they’ve had to spend a lot of time working against that as well, and of all the 48G groups I think they feel like the most together and united and I really like that.

2. emilyemily

Hi Blue, thanks soooo much for subbing HH3! and it’s amazing how fast you are. It’s like we can always count on you haha. I’m glad you’re in our fandom subbing HKT-related stuff 🙂 (subbing in general of course)

also I think HH Annex was more interesting than the “normal” HH episode. I hope Annex will continue to have themes like that, where you get to know that kind of things about the individual members. I usually like segments like that the most.
    I just wish Yuka-chan would have gotten more screen-time, but honestly I’m glad that she’s in the first episode at all, after losing her push. In general, feel like she’s getting back on her feet again and regaining her charm. It makes me glad to see.

I’m really looking forward to this show and especially to next week’s episode, since Mirun is in my top 3 and my favorite 3rd gen as well! You can tell management has taken notice of her the last few months, and it makes me happy.
    (this might be a bit out of topic, but tbh I was translating Mirun’s G+ posts a few months ago, and I was thinking about picking up translating her G+ posts again in order to make her more known (and also of course to improve my not-so-good-Japanese), but there’s still so much going on in my life right now that I’m not sure if I can do it, but I think things might get a bit calmer soon, so I definitely want to try and start to do it again. At least as much as I can, it’s better than nothing after all, right haha).

Anyway, thanks so much again for subbing <3 I'm glad you're around.

-emily

Hey Emily, I’m happy to be in the HKT fandom!

I feel the same. The Annex segment is hitting all the right notes for me because I love 1) rankings; 2) hearing the members talk about each other; and 3) seeing other members taking over MC duties. I hope they continue with this setup, but even if they don’t I’m just glad we get an extra 20 minutes of footage every week. Even though Yuka-chan’s push ended prematurely, she’s working hard in MCs and I hope management is smart enough to continue giving her opportunities to show off her those talk skills!

Misaki-chan is my 3rd gen favorite, too! She’s an angel. <3 I'm super excited to see her, I hope she can make a big impact. Oh cool, I had no idea Misaki-chan's g+ was being translated. I feel like only HKT fans know about her right now, so anything to help spread the Mirun love! If you do end up picking it back up, lemme know! I'd love to check it out. 🙂

3. altaikho

That was a whole lot better than a lot of the Hulu extra stuff they’ve been putting out lately (though Tani is awesome.)   It’s really nice to see them working hard and doing really well even without Sasshi around.  I kinda feel bad for Haruppi and Ota Aika though…

As always, thanks for your hard work!!!

I liked the Hitchhiking extra, but yeah, I’m glad they’re focusing on a handful of girls instead of only 2… Sometimes I think Sasshi is a bit too overbearing, so it’s cool to see the girls just doing things on their own. Why do you feel bad for them? I do think Boss and Meru overshadowed everyone in this segment, though.

1. altaikho

Ota Aika was sulking quite a lot there at the end.  It’s cool to see how she wants to be looked up to as a captain, especially if you consider her origins as kind of a brat when she was younger.    (At least, that was my impression of her back then.  I like her much more now since she’s been in HKT.)  As for Haruppi…  Maybe I just imagined a sad look in her eyes…  It wouldn’t be too far off to say that they all just really want to be loved by their comrades.

Rabutan has definitely grown a lot, and I think these days she has a strong sense of responsibility since she’s captain and all. Haruppi is known for being a loner, so I don’t think it’s that surprising that she wasn’t ranked. I’m sure all the members respect her, though. Hopefully it doesn’t bum her out too much!

4. Detruisto

Thanks for the subtitles, it will be great if you go on even though another subber did one episode (and hardsubs only), your subs are always top quality. I feel sorry for Lovetan – she still seems out of place in HKT, at least on variety shows, and now no ranking 🙁 It was more fun when she had her own AKBingo segment when she was hiding in small spaces 🙂

Thanks for the kind words! I actually think Rabutan fits in quite well, especially in KIV. But, like the members said, she’s probably more of the girlfriend type than the oshimen type. And I think she’s well respected by the other members, especially since she’s been in AKB for longer than even Sasshi has.

5. Bahamuri

Hey Blue, thanks a lot as always for letting us enjoy this episode, i think that subbers like you are the ones responsibles for bringing lots of international fans to the HKT fandom lines, and the whole 48 group in general, i have been  following your work for quite some time now and i have nothing but gratitude for your work.

Greetings and love from Mexico Blue. Thanks for letting me know and understand the HKT world

Thanks so much! I’m glad to hear that. 🙂 I love HKT, so my hope is more people will start loving them, too.

And yay, Mexico! I live in Texas, so you’re our friendly neighbors to our south!

Blue, you live in Texas? How did I miss that? I am in Los Angeles, so you aren’t tooo far away, by maybe ten hours right? Errrr something like that.
     I really love Rabutan, always have since when I first started watching all the AKB videos out there. I think back to the one episode that you had subbed where AKB girls come to the HKT theatre and Sasshi and the HKT girls interview them and try to impress them, etc. I remember Rabutan said she felt lost and that always stuck with me, how somebody who has been doing this such a long time could even say something like that. I see she still is trying to find her way, though they never really put the spotlight on her. I hope her time will eventually come. She’s like the Miyazaki Miho of HKT, you know?
    As for this episode, Arigato. I really love the extra footage for the same reasons you mentioned. I love when they do rankings of any kind. It’s always fun. I am curious to know more about this quiet girl in HKT… kinda reminds of the one girl in SKE who went on to do the Seiyu stuff. She was one of my favs because she couldn’t handle the spotlight at all, but then she would turn into this wildly funny girl when asked to do impressions. So could HKT have a girl like this? I can’t wait until next episode to find out!
     Ah, HKT continues to give me new experiences that are so much fun! The only gripe I might have about this episode is that I don’t agree with Madoka’s ranking. I really don’t find her to be all that interesting or even attractive, but she sure gets that a lot from all the girls in every AKB family. So good for her!
     Great job again!

I think it’s a bit further than that, haha. It takes like 9 hours just to drive across Texas! I think Rabutan fits in well with KIV these days. The girls seem to love and respect her. Maybe not as their oshimen, but as their leader. As for a quiet girl… I don’t think there’s anyone like Sawako (if that who you’re talking about), since HKT girls usually come out of their shells, but Misaki-chan is super quiet and super shy. She’s adorable! Aw, I love Madoka, but I can see how her looks wouldn’t appeal to everyone. She’s definitely a  nice girl though.

7. Jeremy N

just finished watching this. Super awesome job, they chirp nonstop @_@ i even need to go back few times to make sure i didn’t miss anything. I bet this is one hell of a work to be done. But i like this kind of variety where they talk to each other alot so we can know them behind the stage better.

And bossu definitely getting prettier and prettier, if only she could gain some weight it’ll be perfect i guess XD.
    On the other note, poor harupi 🙁

Yeah, I was worried that no one would be able to read all the dialogue at normal speed. It’s hard when they talk over each other. >< And same! I actually prefer the Annex to the actual show right now haha.

I think Boss is one of those lucky people who will never gain weight despite how much she eats. She revealed on Downtown DX that she eats junkfood at night to stop herself from growing any taller!

8. Zamid RakhmantiyoZamid Rakhmantiyo

just got back home from work and finally got the ep 1.5 subbed, thanks a lot blu, made my day xD
    heard about certain subber who sub hh3 too and ignore your message, that bastard can go buried themself, i’ll stick with your work 😀
    cause we love you xD

9. malusregismalusregis

Hey Blue, thanks for the subtitles! I saw the post on Aidol and I just wanted to say thanks for all the subs you do. I’m proud to say that I totally got into HKT with your Odekake posts before and I’ll continue to trust you for any subs, especially anything HKT or SKE related 🙂

Thanks for being awesome

Yeah, sorry for all the unnecessary drama. It’s all solved now. And awesome, I’m glad Odekake piqued your interest in HKT. They’re a great group! Super fun too.

10. MC

I’ve been enjoying your subs for a long time. You and Half are solely responsible for my current love of HKT. At the beginning, I really just ignored them as AKBG was getting way too big, and I was starting to burn out with all the new girls being added all the time. But I’m always looking for great subs (and that’s what yours are), and stumbled across your page.

Now, you’ve managed to get HKT from obscurity (for me) to my second favorite group. I know more of the members of HKT than SKE and NMB. I’d like to thank you for all your hard work, producing these excellent subs for our enjoyment. In fact, when I got to the end of all the Odekake episodes, I was quite sad that there were no more, as I had gotten so used to following the girls in their weekly antics.

I noticed the other subber and their comments on H!O and saw the comment by AIDOL. I couldn’t agree more with Mayuyu’s sentiments over there. You may have noticed that I said “for our enjoyment.” The other subber’s comment that “I’m sure it sucks having to re-download, but the only joy I have is watching the download counter after all – so please respect that” smacks of noting more than self satisfaction. And incredibly sad if that is truly their only joy.

I did not watch their subs and refused to add to their download counter at the time. When I saw that you were doing Season 3, I knew that you would do it right. I will always wait for your subs and have never cared for speed subs. I’ve become your fan as well!

I sincerely hope that you will continue with Season 3. (I apologize for the length of this post.)

Thank you for your kind words! And I’m sorry about all the unnecessary drama, it blew up much, much bigger than I anticipated. And thanks for giving HKT a chance. I know I’m biased, but they’re such a fun group of girls with a lot of energy, laughter, and love for each other. It’s such a blast watching them grow. 🙂

And the matter is resolved, so I don’t want to speak about it anymore, but thank you for your support. I know some ppl can’t torrent, or they prefer steams (or softsubs), so I’ll continue with Hyakkaten 3, if only to provide those people with some Hyakkaten goodness. 🙂

Hi Blue! Sorry for not posting for a while, I’ve been very busy and put everything else on hold. I’m usually kind of private about posting anything too personal but… well, I got married! 😀

I thought it was time to drop by and see what’s up in the idol world, though. Thanks for doing the Takamina Mechaike! I’m so excited to finally watch it with subs. And the new HH3 looks great, I didn’t even know it was coming. Thanks for taking it on and doing it so fast, as usual. 🙂

I also just read about some drama on AIDOL. I’m actually surprised how cool the subbing community is and that this is the first incident like this I’ve heard about. I know I don’t need to tell you, but you’re obviously a beloved subber and shouldn’t let it bother you. I like how supportive the community is though. Idol fans are good people!

Hey Suberi! Sorry for not subbing in a while, lol. And wow, congrats!!! I hope everything is going fantastic for you. 🙂

Thanks, the subbing community is generally super nice and supportive, it’s great! I hope you enjoyed the Dokkiri and Hyakkaten. Majisuka is out now, too, so that should be fun.

12. LionZ

BLUE!!!

I thought I should warn you that episode 2 of Hakata Hyakkaten has already been subbed.
    It can be found here: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=81962

Maybe you should hold off on subbing the series until you manage to contact the subber.

Anyways, thank you so much for your subs!

1. pybcu FS

No need to stop subbing it because someone else does it as well, esp. if that other person is an “attention wh*re” that makes collaboration more than unlikely.
      If you only sub to see a download counter rise, then you’re subbing for the wrong reason.

Sure it is a shame that work is done twice, but I certainly prefer softsubs (and a subber who has already proven to be able to keep up for a prolonged period), and it is not like that motivation for doing another series is at the same level.

I see that it is unfair that other people take subs and claim them to be their own, but hardsubs isn’t a way to prevent this (unless you also make efforts in styling them so that OCR based methods don’t work) – and by doing hardsubs you’re preventing other subbers from benefiting from the hard work that already was done. (there are enough subbers that don’t start off translating from Japanese, but translate from English or Chinese,…)

But giving credit isn’t enough for that other subber, he wants a download counter (he apparently didn’t think of the possibility that you can just upload the hardsubbed release to another site…)

I didn’t bother checking the quality of the translation, but unless blue decides to move to another project I don’t see a reason to do so – the significant increase in filesize in the hardsub already shows he doesn’t know much about encoding, so that doesn’t make me want to consider it unless I have to.

The matter is dealt with so I won’t talk about it anymore, but thank you for your support. I’ll continue subbing Hyakkaten so people who can’t torrent or prefer softsubs/streams don’t miss out, especially since Hyakkaten is such a fun show (obviously biased though haha).

13. MC

Thanks for continuing! And no need to apologize.
    Back to the girls…I now notice the HKT girls in group performances much more than the lesser known AKB girls or the SKE and NMB girls other than the perennial senbatsu members from them.

And currently, I like the ANNEX more than the main show. 🙂 Looking forward to more HKT goodness!

14. Pingback: HaKaTa Hyakkaten 3 Ep01.5 (Annex) | HKT48 Subs