SKE48 no Sekai Seifuku Joshi EP37 – English Subs

January 4, 2015 by

Sjo37

Hi Boke here with another SKE48 no Sekai Seifuku Joshi episode. Seeing as Blue’s specialty is HKT, I decided to sub the episodes of SJo which had HKT as guests. HKT come in, shake things up and challenge SKE to several games. Also for long time HKT fans, there is a blast from the past in this episode.

PS: Sorry for my total translation failure at 15:40

Softsubs (.ass): [Bokesubs] 120627 SKE48 no Sekai Seifuku Joshi #37

Original Air Date: 6/27/2012
Featuring: Teppei (MC), Katou Rumi (Stand In MC), Niidoi Sayaka, Satou Mieko, Abiru Riho, Kodama Haruka, Murashige Anna, Miyawaki Sakura, Etou Sayaka, Matsuoka Natsumi, Satou Seira, Matsumura Kaori, Takagi Yumana, Ueno Kasumi, Kaneko Shiori, Yakata Miki, Sakai Mei, Isohara Kyoka, Mizuno Honoka
Translated/timed/subbed/etc. by: Boke

26 thoughts on “SKE48 no Sekai Seifuku Joshi EP37 – English Subs

1. pybcu FS

Yes, thanks alot 🙂

No translation fail at all if some catch-phrase cannot be explained – I mean the girls didn’t hear of him, and probably most Japanese that age (or even their parents) won’t know the meaning either – he passed away in 2006 already.

It is always nice to have background information on the cultural references in a show, but by no means it is a translaiton fail when not being able to provide it.

For those who wonder: Rumi is stand-in MC (she does a great job btw :-)) because Honda Emi was pregnant/is on maternitiy leave.

On the guns: the New Nambu (like the Colt Python and most of the toys they carry) isn’t actaully a pistol, but a revolver and was/is used by the Japanese police.

And memories are the best 🙂 Still know that when I first saw Haruppis name written in one of the shows, I thought the “兒” was a visual joke played on her (as she’s introduced as being the girl who fumbles her words often, who has bad enounciation, so “broken” kanji for broken speech” – LOL :-))

It is tough for overseas fans to put things into a timeline, as often enough you see episodes out-of-order, see them years after the initial broadcast, episodes with members that have long graduated, etc. But that’s both a good as well as a bad thing.

Crazy how those shows can make you laugh and cry so easily… (the akb documentary (the time has come) that guild48 did provide subs recently.. emotionally tense, so prepare tissues when you tend to identify with the girls, put yourself to imagine you were in their situation (or compare what you were like at their age compared to what they go through).. tough stuff. Probably no big deal for someone who just started following, but I certainly had to fight back my tears – and lost)

1. pybcu FS

and just after I sent the comment, I see that myaidol did publish their translation of the documentary (and as guild48 announced they will take theirs down when myaidol published theirs, that’s the way to look for it)

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if it was something that could be translated or not; I’d never heard of him before and had to look him up on the Japanese Wikipedia. And thanks for giving out the information about Rumi as well; I was going to include that fact in the intro because there was no room for it in the subtitles, but I forgot.

I find it amazing how much clearer Haruppi’s speech is nowadays, in fact her impediment’s nearly completely gone. I can only imagine how many hours of practice that must’ve needed; I’m always impressed by the girls’ commitment. For me though the real surprise was Etou Sayaka; I knew this girl had been highly rated at the formation of the group, but my first experience of HKT was Hakata Hyakkaten, so this is actually the first time I’d ever seen her (I didn’t recognise that “Gorisa” was a fake at first). And it’s strange how Nattsu and Shige look almost the same but Sakura and Haruppi look a lot older. I found it really interesting to see the HKT members back then, but also to see my favourite SKE period again as well

2. melonpandesal

I miss SJo, this is the only show were the not so famous ske girls have an exposure. And it is always fun to watch 48G competing each other. It’s amazing seeing natsu face didn’t change so much for these years. Thanks for the hardwork bokesan.

Thanks for watching. I’m a fan of it too, because I think SKE tends to choose really interesting and diverse members, and I really like seeing them all (although my oshi is Rena, which is a bit predictable). I also partially went for this episode because it has Kinchan and I miss her a lot

3. coconoar

yay boke will definitely check it

btw just curious which group is your oshi atm? SKE i guess?
    say hi to blue 🙂

Thanks! If you count Ngzk, they’re my favourites, but most people don’t, so yes, SKE are my favourites, they just have to many awesome members. HKT come second, AKB are third and I don’t really have any interest in NMB these days, especially with Nana graduating. I think Blue will be back soon with Hyakkaten 3.

4. melonpandesal

Kinchan has a great and unique personality. She’s so natural that everything she do is funny and awkward (alien! Hehehe). She has grown-up from a cutesy girl to a hot woman. I miss her also and I’m happy to see she’s doing fine in her career now.

Yeah, she’s totally unique and totally cool. I don’t really care for gravure so I’m out of touch with what she’s doing her, but I hope her career goes well and she at least earns a few $$.

5. Drumheller

Boke thank you for your hard work, always a good day when you upload a new episode 🙂

@pybcu FS I dont think I can watch AKB documentary with my massive inferiority complex I’ll just fell bad about myself (for being a total slacker) seeing their hard work, plus I would need to mop my tears from the floor T.T

Boke san, my apologies I’m so late in commenting, but I just wanted to say great job with this latest sub! Haruppi and Murashige are amaaazing!
    I saw the new AKB documentary with subs that aidol put out. I don’t think I’ve cried that much in a long, long time. The part where Rena san goes into the elevator and the minute the doors close she just loses it…I mean, it really broke my heart to see that. But that’s why I also love AKB… they’ve made me care so much about a group of girls who I never would think in a million years I could love and adore so much every single day of my life.
     Thanks for this sub… it helps me continue this love for the AKB family. And I can’t wait for Blue’s return as well, being that you and her are absolutely wonderful at what you do. Keep doing a great job and arigatooooo!!!

Thanks, it’s not like you have an obligation to me anyway and I check back to see if there were any replies until either Blue or me does another episode. I’ve always liked Shige and Haruppi has just kept growing on me to the extent that she’s now my favourite in HKT besides Sasshi. This episode was full of SKE members I really like as well, like Kaotan, Kinchan, Neesan, Mikitty so I really enjoyed it.

I’m really backed up with 48G shows at the moment so I still haven’t seen the documentary, and I’m not sure my heart can take seeing Rena cry, she’s such a sweetheart. And that’s the one quality that made me a fan, much more so than cuteness; the inherent kindness and decency of nearly every single member. Thanks a lot for always watching and replying

oh, I disagree… I do have an obligation to you and Blue and all the subbers out there. You’ve given me so much happiness because of your translations and trust me, my life lately has been really difficult so I take a lot of comfort when I can just escape in an AKB subbed episode like this one. So I do feel a strong sense of duty to show you how much I respect and adore what you do. Once again, thank you beyond words. I am truly grateful.
     And yeah, the documentary was rough. Really rough. I mean, not as rough as the last two, but there were just a lot of moments in it where I felt so deeply for the girls, especially now that I know them much better, and it just blew me away how human they all are. I think that is why I love them so much… they aren’t immune to problems or conflicts just like the rest of us experience, but they do their best to overcome it, and in doing so, inspire people like me to be a better person too.

Yeah, I know what you mean I’ve been having a fairly lousy time of things recently and the members always make me feel better. Their attitude and personality sets a great example to anyone

Are you talking about Tsuu? I spent the entire day whining incoherently about this on Twitter and I feel burned out now. There’s obviously been something wrong at SKE for a while now, members keep leaving and not unpopular or older members either, and it’s been a flood of departures on more than one occasion. I know there are rumours that SKE have to train excessively, that the seniority system there is very rigid and that the members are discouraged from working outside the group (say as a model or TV guest) and that plans for new gens succeeding the older ones are going badly wrong. I don’t know the truth really, I just know something is a mess in Sakae and their management really needs to be shaken up.

8. melonpandesal

Yes bokesan the graduation galore is what I mean. Im so sad and frustrated with the departure of mizuho and tsuu. Two future members gone without using their full potential. I really dont understand why they’re pushing uha she’s awkward and raw. They should have opted to mizuho, non or nao. They already started pushing mizuho then instanly it vanished. Now Im worried for non because nowadays she lost that spark and it seem lik she’s not interested anymore, I hope my feeling is wrong. I dont hate uha its that just she’s really awkward; she needs to develop and polish her skills to be the next center.