HKT48 no Odekake! EP78 – English Subs

November 4, 2014 by

Odekake78

Hey guys! As I stated in my last post, I’m picking up Odekake! again. Unfortunately (fortunately for some, maybe), I’m starting with the more recent episodes since I feel they better reflect the current atmosphere of HKT.

Anyway, in this episode, the girls are split into 2 teams to accomplish one goal: to power up! What does powering up mean? I have no idea, but that’s the term they used and that’s what I’m sticking to! The first group will head to a boxing gym to train with a world champion boxer. The second group will eat super hot dishes. Which team has it worse?

Also, if you have any suggestion about the font, particularly its color, please let me know. I’m still trying to figure out what works best!

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HKT48 no Odekake EP78

Original Air Date: 7/30/14
Featuring: Sashihara Rino, Goto Terumoto (one half of the comedy duo, Football Hour), Ota Aika, Ueki Nao, Goto Izumi, Sakaguchi Riko, Umemoto Izumi, Yamamoto Mao, Moriyasu Madoka, Motomura Aoi, Kojina Yui, and Tomiyoshi Asuka

31 thoughts on “HKT48 no Odekake! EP78 – English Subs

Thanks for the episode! Poor Aoi lol. There’s nothing wrong with the subtitles. Well, I don’t think people care as long as its readable. As for me, I like the colors you used in particular.

2. pybcu FS

Thx a lot! Please use a bigger fontsize for Sasshi’s and Goto’s comments though. Esp. when dailymotion switches to lower-res the encoding artifacts make it really hard to read otherwise.

I’m really glad this was the episode you chose to bring this back, I really enjoyed it! I think it was from this point on that I really noticed Ume which is great, because she’s a really nice and cool girl. I think you mentioned once that if you ever met HKT Ume would be one of the girls you’d be most likely to make friends with? I can understand why! It must have been hard though, everyone turned bright red, Mao looked like a lobster by the end of this episode. On the other side, Aichan’s teasing was awesome. Having had Korean food I can see why anyone would want to eat it all the time, I love it. For me though, the highlight was Goto’s impression of the old guys at the sauna, I never realised how funny that was when I watched it without subtitles.

I’m so glad Ume is receiving a lot more attention now, she’s always been so humble and hard working. A lot of the members like her too because she’s so sweet. And yeah, I think out of all the members, I’d get along with Ume and Madoka the most. They just seem so down to earth, kind, and dependable!

Ueki’s team definitely got the short end of the stick. I’m pretty ok with hot food as well so that would be like 100 times easier for me than all that cardio work. That sound Mao made when the ball hit her, that was so funny. She’s such a tennen!

4. fatrain

Thanks a lot for translation!

78 and 79 are great episodes. the first ones that made me notice Ume. and spicy food party is just too cute!

5. why? :(

no sakura no haruppi… oh my it feel like “vegetable without salt” 🙁

anyway im happy you sub odekake again 🙂 how about pick some old show like 110101 akb48 akemashite ^^

But it’s a good opportunity to discover other great girls as well. 🙂

And I’m trying to do more recent stuff these days since I feel it’s better to concentrate on what’s happening now rather than going back to like the glory days of AKB.

6. randy

I haven’t even watched the episode yet, but want to thank you for renewing the subs for the best HKT show out there. Initially, I had high hopes for Shakariki, but let’s admit it – it’s mostly a borefest. After Lonely Avocado quit subbing, I was a bit down, but now am excited that you are doing Odekake.
    Again, thanks for your hard work. It is definitely appreciated.

Yeah, Shakariki’s format was really plain. Unless you like the girl that was featured, it was pretty painful to watch. And no problem, hope you enjoyed it!

Arigato Blue san!
     I am happy to see you return to Odekake! Your oshimen had it rough this episode, ne?
    I really couldn’t stop laughing at Goto san’s impression of the ojisans. My goodness!! Toooo funny!!!
    Once again, you have picked a great episode to sub. I couldn’t believe it when I saw two subs up almost at the same time! It was the best way to end an already amazing day today (Just found out I won the meet and greet for Perfume in NYC!). So arigato so so so so much Blue! I love Odekake!

Aoi was in so much pain, but it was very entertaining. We got to see crybaby Aoi for the first time in a while!

Congrats on winning! That’s fantastic, are you a big fan of Perfume? I only listened to a few of their songs, but music-wise they’re really great. Much better than 48G in that regard. :X

8. Link Floyd

Aaaaaah, I shouldn’t have seen this episode when I’m so hungry and all there’s to eat in the house is mossy bread and a dirty hot dog ;___; Spicy food can be pretty awesome and the dish they showed in this episode looked spectacular to my poor, uncivilized palate. Aoi Motomura is always fun to watch, even when she doesn’t show up much, and I’ve kind of created a crazy background story for her in my head since I only know her from these episodes (she used to camp with her father and grandfather… are we sure they were human? Cause I kinda picture her living in a cave in a forest with a family of bears… like… I dreamt that a bear walked into the HKT theater and Aoi went “Papa!” and hugged it while everyone was busy freaking the hell out. My dreams are weird.)

As for the subtitles themselves, I’m prefectly ok with this font, wether it’s size, style or colors we’re talking about. You know I’m not a huge fan of the rainbow variety of subs, but this is an example of colors done right and a choice I can understand. Good job as always.

I didn’t comment on the whole “Shakariki vs Odekake” thing so I might as well now. My opinion is pretty much that I shouldn’t have any say on how you use your free time. This is your hobby and you choose how to pursue what makes you happy. I’m very thankful for people like you who appear to enjoy themselves doing something helpful for others, and I understand that that doesn’t put me in a position to make any demands whatsoever (entitlement pisses me off). So don’t get any stress out of this, kiddo.

That said, I wish I could see more of Shakariki subbed, but then again I also wish I could play the guitar like David Gilmour, write like Murakami, sing like Peter Gabriel, live in a free country, look like a woman, cut like a buffalo and sting like a bee (I don’t float like butterflies, that’s ridiculous). I wish a lot of things. I also want to understand pretty much every show ever, and that’s when I know that this is my own problem and I should be more serious about learning Japanese. I was looking forward to seeing the Rabutan Shakariki episode subbed since there are not nearly enough episodes of any show featuring her that have been subbed, but that’s alright.

Odekake can be a really good show and I think it’s usually better than Shakariki, so you won’t hear me complain. It’s also harder to understand with a rudimentary domain of the language that Shakariki is. I was sad when Lonely Avocado stopped subbing Odekake as well, and so I’m now specially happy that you decided to pick it up again, at least for a while.

(By the way, I was very curious about what the two okama in episode 85 said to Mio and Aoi that got to them so bad… I was hald expecting Motomura to make a makeshift molotov cocktail, open the door to their booth, throw it inside and walk away sobbing and looking down while mad and suprisingly manly screeches of terror sound in the background. Now I don’t have to wonder anymore! I just have to wait patiently. Happiness).

See you next mission!

I was on away on a trip for a couple weeks so this is super late and you probably won’t see it, but thanks for more Odekake! With all the variety stuff out there, I like this show’s change of pace.