Update (AKA Changing Plans)

November 2, 2014 by

Hi everyone!

First of all, I’m sorry for being so slow with my releases. I’m busier these days and I’m a lot less motivated. However, I am still subbing! Or at least I’m trying to sub…

Anyway, the point of this update is to tell you all that because I’m not really feeling Shakariki anymore (as in I actively hate subbing it), I’m picking up Odekake! again. I feel like I’ve been concentrating more on Nogizaka the last few weeks, but I am an HKT-oshi and I want to make sure my content reflects that. I know I told everyone I’ll finish Shakariki, but I wasn’t expecting it to continue for this long. I’m really sorry for breaking that promise. However, I will still sub episodes 10 (Kodama Hiroka), 11 (Moriyasu Madoka) and 12 (Kojina Yui).

As for Odekake!, I’m starting on episode 78. Hopefully I’ll have it done and posted by tomorrow. I’m still planning to do random episodes of NogiDoko and some SKE stuff, but right now I think I need to contribute more to the HKT fandom.

I’m not super active here and I’m bad about keeping you all updated, but if you’d like to suggest me stuff, give me recs, tell me what should be changed, or just talk to me, please don’t hesitate to do so on twitter!

Categories
bluementaiko

About the author: bluementaiko

Hi, you can call me Blue. I'm an independent subber. Currently working on Hyakkaten 3. Since I work alone, nothing is 100%. Feel free to talk to me, offer suggestions, etc.! My oshi is Motomura Aoi, and my favorite group is HKT. If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ first. Thank you!!

53 thoughts on “Update (AKA Changing Plans)

1. Manolo

That’s cool Shakariki it’s an OK show but finding out your going sub Odekake! that’s great you get to see the new members and the one’s that don’t get shown much. I suggest you can sub some of the HKT Variety 48 with the 2nd generation girls episodes or the video clips from there new singles, I believe one of them has your Oshi in it :o). Thanks for your hard work.

Yeah, I think Odekake is a lot better at showcasing unknown/new girls. I know the 3rd gens are starting to appear more often, which I’m excited about. Hopefully with me subbing the more recent episodes, it’ll help people who just got into HKT. 🙂 I’ve gotten a few requests for Variety48 so I might do a few episodes someday.

2. rXa

ano..blue-san,
    actually it’s your rights to choose what to sub and what not.
    so i think you shouldn’t feel bad of giving up on subbing certain show.
    you’ve done tons of show, and i really appreciate it.
    to be honest, i’m not hkt oshi (i’m nogi oshi) but i’m fine with any show.
    i’ll keep visiting this site everyday, because that’s the only thing i could do to support you

*sorry for rambling too much ^^

Thanks! I just don’t like breaking promises and feeling like I let people down. 🙁

Thanks for sticking around even though you’re not an HKT oshi! 🙂

It’s all good, I mean this is your hobby after all, it needs to be fun. I probably enjoy Shakariki more than you, but are you planning on restarting from those gym episodes? Because they were really fun, and I’d love to see them in English, and I’m glad you want to do the Morippo one anyway.

Gym episodes? On ep.78 they go to a boxing gym, but I’m not sure if that’s what you’re talking about… And yeah, my friend is a Morippo oshi so I have to complete it for her! >< And someone specifically asked for Jiina's episode a while back so I have to do that as well.

All the work you’ve done is incredible and there aren’t many (any?) subbers who do as much as you in such a short time. No complaints here! Whatever you enjoy subbing, I enjoy watching. I do think Odekake is the better HKT show though, so I’m happy to see it return. 🙂 I think the bottom line is, you’re a fan too, so if it’s not something you enjoy, you shouldn’t force yourself to do it for anyone else. That’s probably the fastest way to start hating a hobby.

Thanks for understanding! I don’t really want to do Odekake, but I figured at this point it’s better to do that than Shakariki. At least with Odekake I can listen to Sasshi and Goto’s banter. And yeah, a few months ago I was feeling like I had to sub for people and I wasn’t enjoying it much. These days, while I feel guilty about being slower than I was in the summer, I feel like I can go at my own pace and that’s nice.

5. WizardKun

No complaints here. Shakariki is hit and miss and Odekake is way better in my opinion. Don’t feel like you have to sub a certain amount, after all you do this for free and the last thing anyone here wants is for you to become overworked and quit, so yeah feel free to take it easy and thanks for the HKT subs 😀

Thanks! I’m glad you agree, Odekake is pretty tiring to sub, but overall it’s a much more entertaining show I feel. 🙂 Definitely showcases a lot of the less known members!

6. altaikho

I made an account just so I can thank you for all your hard work!

Between you, LonelyAvacado, and Half-san I became an HKT-oshi, and I am SUPER excited for more Odekake!  But really, sub whatever you feel like.  It’s always fun to watch!

7. FollowerFollower

Odekake is a good show, i enjoyed the show eventho im not really a hkt oshi. and im glad you’ll still sub Madoka’s shakakiri episode, thats the only shakakiri episode i really wait (>,<).

8. lazy

Honestly Odekake! is a very interesting show and I probably wouldn’t have ever seen it if it wasn’t for your subs, so i’m very grateful. There is the occasional food review “going around the town” episode that I personally don’t find too exciting but mostly it’s a fun show for me, while Nogizaka is kind of a hit and miss, although i’m now starting to enjoy the members more and more now that I have a sense of their personalities. Probably what I enjoyed most from them was nogibingo, and that seems to be subbed in other places so I have no complaints.

Maybe if there is a rare Shakariki episode where something really interesting is happening you’d consider subbing it? ^^ ( like skydiving, bungee jumping etc)

I find that the more recent episodes don’t do as many food reports, which is nice! I feel like they do a lot more activities these days that showcase different girls’ talents. I like Nogizaka, but like you, I don’t know much about them which makes them a little harder to follow.

Yeah, sure! Those activities sound like a ton of fun.

Blue, you are a Kami subber! So whatever you choose to do, I’m all for it. I love that you’ve made me like HKT more than any other group at the moment in the AKB universe. And I fell in love with them because of you and Lonely’s Odekake subs, so it’s awesome to hear that you’ll be getting back to that. I would love to see the Korea Odekake trips that I believe they took awhile back, but maybe they are already online someplace and I might have missed them? Anyways, whatever you decide to do is great. If I had a chance to request anything, it would be more Odekake, some more Airyoshi episodes like that crazy one you just did, anything to do with Tani Marika (My SKE Oshi), and I think what would be really great is if you can randomly do some extra dvd disc stuff… like making of discs… there are always tons of those that come with every AKB concert release and I never see them hard subbed. So that would be cool too.
     But again, WHATEVER you feel like doing is okay by me. I adore you and all that you do, so looking forward to this new direction! Plus, we have Boke san too! Yatttta!

Thanks Derek! I can always depend on you for encouraging words! The Korea episodes were claimed by an Indonesian subber and another person was subbing it into English, however I think they only got the first part of the arc done. I’ll definitely do Ariyoshi if HKT appears on it again. Sasshi and Ariyoshi’s banter is just too good. And I might do something for Tani to celebrate her first SKE senbatsu! 🙂

10. Kali

Thanks for all your great work Blue, I really really appreciate it. I’m new to idols and I love watching HKT and you have been one of the primary reasons for that.

I have to agree with Derek Vasconi on so many points!!

I’d also like to see more Odekake. Someone, maybe it was you Blue, made the point that Odekake is unique as one of the few, if only, 48 shows where the girls are largely left on their own, without constant strong directing from an ever-present host or hosts. I like that aspect of Odekake, I feel like I am seeing the girls in a more natural and spontaneous way.

Tani Marika is one, if not my favorites too, so more of her would be great.

I love love love the trip Odekake did to Tokyo. If they did something similar in Korea, I would absolutely love to see that too.

Although sometimes they are ok episodes (e.g. where they explore a market), my only preference against Odekake would be to not favor the ones that are heavily focused on food tasting. That can get a little boring and repetitive.

I also, like Derek, would really like to see the ‘making of’ and behind the scenes stuff, which again gives us a chance too see the girls in more spontaneous and natural situations.

Thanks for all your work Blue – I’m excited now that there will be more Odekake! 🙂

I’m glad to hear that! I’m always excited when new people join this small, but growing 48G community. 🙂

Yep, Odekake is one of the few shows that doesn’t have a host (which I feel can get a bit too overbearing), and that allows the girls to act more freely. The downside of this is that sometimes you need a host to make things funny, but I think the girls have done a good job making Odekake an entertaining show so far.

I’m starting with episode 78 which is one of the more recent episodes (I think the airdate was sometime in July) so no Tani. 🙁 And the Korean trip is being handled by someone else, according to the HKT subbing list. I think currently they only have the first part of the arc translated to English.

What kind of “making of” are you talking about? Like the “making of” concerts or tv shows?

11. FIKRIKK

it’s okay blue-san..
    actually i feel a bit disssappointed that you won’t continue to sub shakariki
    but if you feel want to continue odekake it’s good for me too
    it’s you who sub it, so it’s up to you to continue any project you want 😀
    i also hkt-oshi so keep sub for hkt show!! ganbatte blue san~

12. thrillho

yayy thanks for planning to keep on subbing the piichan shakariki. For Odekake, I guess its a good and entertaining show, so it would be really awesome if there are more of it subbed. And yeah I guess HKT Variety48 would be great, since it doesn’t air very often and even the old ones can be very interesting to watch. Anyhoo thanks for the great works!

I’m like 60% done with her episode anyway, I might as well continue! Variety48  is pretty great, I might do a few someday. I feel like there’s SO much I want to sub, but not enough time. L(

Yeah, KALI agrees with me! Maybe that will be enough to sway you Blue? Lol. Just kidding, but I second what she’s saying as well… HKT is so great and anything you can do to promote them, I’m all for it. However, it would be nice to see you use your incredible translating skills for some of the other things I mentioned too.
     Oh, and just a random side question for you Blue, don’t you think it would be awesome if Tani had her own Mechaike special? OH My goodness, I can’t even imagine!

If Tani were to get a MechaIke SP, that’d be insane. D: She’d be such a boke. Tani’s doing so well for herself right now (although being Aki-P and Rena’s oshimen probably helps in that regard :P), and I can see her eventually trying to do non-48 variety a la Shiichan.

14. Miruki~

Yay thank you! I really did enjoy watching the  odeokake episodes so I will look forward to them! Also I am glad that you will be doing he next few shakiriki because my HKT oshi will finally b appearing.

However…  There is one request I would like to make. I am NMB and HKT oshi and it turns out there is an old varaity show that they appeared on together. I’ve been trying to find subbed episodes because I think it would be interesting to see how the two groups mix together.

Anyways, it’s called aru aru yy terebi so it would be awsome if you look into subbing it, but only if you are interested

I’m aware of Aru Aru YY Terebi, but I never actually watched it all that much. And I literally don’t know anything about NMB. >< I'm going to have to pass on that for the time being, but if you have any episodes you recommend, I'll check it out!

Welll, Shakariki really got boring so… Thanks for picking up Odekake again. Too bad you’ll start at episode 78. I guess I’ll just watch episode 53 – 77 with no subs. I’m glad you’ll focus on HKT again because I don’t really watch Nogizaka’s shows lol. Anyways thanks and take your time!

16. sonic31s

I was always waiting for you to sub Odekake.
    Finally you make the “good” no “excellent choice”, “Odekake” were my favorite show on HKT.

Can’t wait for your next sub, really can’t wait 😀

Haha, I’m glad I made an excellent choice. 🙂 But Odekake takes a lot longer to sub and coupled with the fact that I’m busier these days, there might be a long wait between episodes. ><

17. fatrain

Hi, Blue!

I would like to suggest to sub “Sashihara no Ran” for a change of pace.
    It has a lot of interesting behind the showbiz scenes information beside it is hilarious. The story in it changes every couple episodes and the setting itself is different from ordinary variety shows, so it’s not monotone and routine.

Only one episode (20th) was subbed by Aidol and as far as I know no one picked it up for subbing.

Hi!

I thought about doing it once and I believe someone requested it as well before, but it’s quite a difficult show to understand, at least compared to simple variety like Odekake and Nogibingo. I used to watch it when it aired, and while it was fun and allowed viewers to see more of the “behind the scenes” stuff, I don’t think I’ll be subbing it anytime soon. I just have so much on a plate right now, I feel a bit overwhelmed. >< Hopefully another subbing group can pick up a few episodes because that show is really quite good!

18. coconoar

Sharakiri is good but odekake is better imo XD I’m the person that goes “the more the merrier” plus it lets you understand how each member interact with each other 🙂

Other than that, don’t feel pressure, please share what you think its good and wanted to share, If you find it interesting i bet other people find it interesting, i got into HKT because of you XD and now its my fave 48 group

Yeah, Odekake has a higher budget too, so it’s a lot more polished. I’m really into the 3rd gens right now so I just want people to see what they’re all about!

Aww, that’s great! I’m really glad. 🙂

19. gunner331

it’s ok,me too im a HKT-oshi,but shakariki is a bit boring to me because no other member interaction in there,the job they given to the member is also a normal job though… it’s good to see another hkt thing,thanks 4 ur work blue!

Yeah, I love seeing member interaction so I was a bit bummed to learn all Shakariki episodes were one member-focused. Odekake is definitely a better show when it comes to showcasing how the girls interact with one another.

20. ANuBiS

Yossha! just P Chan’s episode is fine! I’m now interested in this girl.

But a little hope for occasionnally Ariyoshi Akb again, I love this program so much 😀

Maybe when HKT appears on Ariyoshi again, I’ll do it. But it seems they only come on to promote their new single, which means it won’t be for another 4 months…

21. gekiblackgekiblack

I’m pretty sad to know SHAKARIKI would be stopped at 12 episodes but thanks a lot for subbing this variety.
    From now continued supporting you on Odekake.

22. fatrain

I see. Then I agree with everyone, that you should just do what you feel like doing at your own pace and don’t tire yourself out.
    Thanks a lot for your hard work and awesome translations! Good luck!

23. saki

You’ve been missing for quite a while I thought you’ve stop subbing lol

I actually never thought Shakariki will be that long too, but since you’ve subbed most of my favourite members so I don’t really have nothing to complain now XD

Picking up Odekake back is a nice idea! I never get bored of that show, and lately they’ve been featuring a lot more 2nd gen and 3rd gen.

btw Blue, is it possible if you can sub short, random HKT-related clips? Like I’m actually really interested in that part when Takamina invade HKT theater on Mujack, or the random acting competition and danso at HKT Variety 48 ^^ but if you can’t that’s ok XD

Haha, nope! Just busier and a lot less motivated.

If you have a list of the danso episodes, I can do those clips since it’s pretty short. As for Takamina invading the HKT theater, I’m not sure yet. I might, we’ll see!