NOGIBINGO!2 EP11 – English Subs

October 15, 2014 by

NOGIBINGO2EP11

Hi Everyone this is Boke. I wanted to start out as a subber, and Blue was kind enough to let me use her website (and post the episode for me because my computer broke down). This was supposed to be a practice episode for me, so there are a few problems with the subs’ formatting and maybe some typos, sorry about that. I want to say a big thank you to Blue, and also to all the other posters who encourage me to do this.

This episode of Nogibingo!2 is a Munekyun battle, “mune” meaning chest and “kyun” being that butterfly-like feeling you get when something terribly romantic or exciting happens. There will be three rounds with three members competing to show just how cute they can really be, and the judgement will be handed down by the lenient Nakada, the strict Kawago and the old man character Ikoma. At the last minute we’ll also see two members emerge from the onlookers to take the challenge themselves, who will it be?

Softsubs (.ass): [BokeSubs] Nogibingo 2 EP11

Original Air Date: 3/21/14
Featuring: Hashimoto Nanami, Ikuta Erika, Noujou Ami, Matsumura Sayuri, Etou Misa, Akimoto Manatsu, Takayama Kazumi, Nishino Nanase, Wakatsuki Yumi, Ikoma Rina, Nakada Kana, Fukagawa Mai and Kawago Hina
Translated/timed/subbed/etc. by: Boke

Follow Boke on twitter if you’d like!: @bokesubs

33 thoughts on “NOGIBINGO!2 EP11 – English Subs

1. coconoar

Hi Boke!

nice to see people joining the sub group <3 i will enjoy your work as much as i will enjoy Blue works. Prolly will get back to this once i finished watching to gave review if you want.

Thanks! Like I said I think there were formatting and style problems that I should get rid of next time. Any comments are helpful, so go ahead.

Very nice first sub, Boke. (Blue, does this mean you’re tired of Nogibingo and not gonna do any of the DVD extras?)
    My input, if you’re interested; I thought there were a bit too many added adjectives and (albeit tame) swearing added for flair – just a personal translation style choice though, I like letting the spoken words add any emphasis instead – and you translated Noujo’s ヤンキー役 “yankee yaku / deliquent role” as “bum”. It’s also easier to read split dialogue lines when they’re one over the other, rather than the same line. I’m not complaining though, just minor issues. Like I said, very good job!

I’ve also tried subbing part of a show out of curiosity before. I downloaded all the tools, found a decent site for searching words I didn’t know in romaji, and did about 10 minutes of subs then tried to convert it… the eta was in DAYS. I guess I need a new computer before I should consider it again 😐

Nope, I’m going to do the last episode! If I remember correctly, someone (maybe from UKN?) asked if they could do episode 12 from the first season of Nogibingo, so maybe they’ll do that instead? I’ll have to ask them.

Convert as in encode? It takes me like 2 hours to do so on my crappy laptop, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen that long of an eta. D: What program did you use?

NOGIBINGO! 3 is already being subbed by UKN, so it makes sense if they wanted to fill in the missing eps. I was just curious if anyone planned to do the DVD extras because I keep seeing adverts for them in these episodes. I haven’t watched them so I don’t even know if it’s worthwhile.

Yeah, encode. I was using Aegisub and psp…something? I can’t remember and I could’nt find it on google. But yeah, that’s how weak my old laptop is lol. I’ve also tried converting 1080p to 720p on some big files to make it easier on this poor thing, but that process also slows it down so bad I couldn’t even get an eta. But I only use it for basic stuff and watching downloaded shows hooked up to the tv, so I never bothered to get a new one.

Oh, probably not. I kinda want to start working on other things, like random episodes of SJo, NogiDoko, Ariyoshi, AKBINGO, etc.!

xvid4psp? I use that as well, but it’s really slow and it’s hard to get the right setting. I once subbed a 1080p file- never again. It slowed down aegisub so much. 🙁

It’s fine, I really like those other shows too!
            And yep, that’s the one. I wouldn’t have enough time to be a good subber anyway, with my limited knowledge of Japanese and other obligations, so it was just for fun. The worst part for me was the timing. So annoying!

Next time multiple dialogue will be on split lines, I still didn’t really know how to use the program and that was the best I could do. In style terms I like using the adjectives in some cases for things like repetition (something like ヤバイヤバイヤバイ!) because I feel like repetition lacks the same impact in English. I was a bit unsure about the translation you picked up because I felt like some people watching wouldn’t see why ヤンキー役 was bad, or why Noujou was associated with it. There are a few more translations that I’m not sure about because I couldn’t hear them properly, as well.

3. spicycake510spicycake510

Thank you Boke-san! I was really excited for this episode!!
    Nanase is just too damn adorable in this, KO’ed Ikoma and me as well .^^
    I think you did pretty well on your first run!
    Hope to see sub more Nogizaka stuff in the future!

4. jinsujinsu

Amazing job, Boke-san!

I really enjoyed the personal flavor you added to your subs 😀

Thanks for the great work and I look forward to your next release!

Thanks a lot! I remember watching a lot of animes with subtitles that were a bit lifeless, so I wanted to make the subs as lively as the people. I might have gone too far, but I’d rather go to far the way I went than make them too static.

Boke san,
     I am SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU! The sub was absolutely wonderful! I didn’t mind the Yankee translation as bum, as I’ve seen enough AKBINGO to know that when they talk about Yankees, they are referring to delinquents, who also could technically be called bums and you wouldn’t be wrong in the description lol. But other than that, the adjectives you added were all fun. I want to officially ask you to start up a blog and start subbing some stuff like Blue does! I think with Blue as your Senpai, you will do just fine. Honestly, you did fantastic for a first sub! I hope it will be the first of hundreds.
    Blue, you are incredible. You are helping a new person join the subbing community for idiots like me who only know a marginal amount of Japanese, though I should know a ton more given my life situation. I really commend you for allowing your Kouhai to take over your blog for this episode of Nogi. I don’t say this lightly, but Blue, you completely KO me.
    As for this episode, Ikoma is slowly becoming my all time favorite Nogi member. She is just too darn cute with her expressions. Everything she does is incredible. I also liked the one girl who was in the last scenario whose mouth barely moves at all. I think she did a special where she was a ventriloquist once? She is probably one of the hottest girls in Nogi, but I don’t think she means to be and that is what makes her super special.
    Please, if I can request, more Ariyoshi like that last one you subbed. OMG, I’m still thinking about how crazy that two parter was! And of course, more AKBINGO. I can’t get enough of that show. For Boke, I would love to see any nemosu episodes hard subbed because I don’t think many, or any at all, really exist. But whatever you want to do is fine. I look forward to seeing you in action and if you need help setting up a website, let me know. It’s what I do for a living.
     Great job the both of you.

I’m going to set one up eventually, but as I said, my main computer’s motherboard blew out so I can’t do anything until I install a new one. I love Ikoma too! She’s just a very funny and loveable girl, I was really overjoyed when she ranked so high in the sousenkyou. Did you mean Kawago Hina, who went from judge to competitor? I like her intensity, lol. I think before I sub anything else, I need to find out what other subbers are planning to do, but there are some cool Nemosu episodes I could do. My Japanese is nowhere near as good as Blue’s though, so I’m a bit reluctant to commit to any series.

6. rXa

oooooh..!! new subber?
    thank you so very much for your hardwork, and for blue-san for sharing his/her blog.. \(^.^)/
    finally, a nogi release..
    i reeeeeealy love this kyun-thing episode..
    doumo arigatou.. ^^

Thank you! In the future I’m looking to do more SKE and Ngzk; AKB has Aidol and NMB has Teppen, so there’s not much need for me there.

Boke san, I appreciate your humility, but honestly, your sub was AMAZING. I got the whole point of the show and laughed my butt off! Glad you like Ikoma as well. The old Mountain man that she is!
    As for who I was talking about, I can’t remember her name, but it wasn’t a judge. It was one of the girls called from the group. Her mouth doesn’t move when she speaks, which is why I think on the UKN site there is a vid of her and another girl doing a ventriloquist act. I can’t remember her name but she is soooooo unbelievably hot. Ikoma is super kawai, but this girl is super kirei.
    Anyway, please have confidence in your abilities. You did a great job and people like me will support you in what you are doing. I will literally watch every video you sub, good or bad, and I will respect your efforts and offer you my undying support. Just ask Blue… since a friend told me about her blog, it’s a permanent tab on my Google Chrome browser. I refresh it everyday to see if she’s uploaded something new for me to watch. I would love for your site to be right next to hers on my browsers line of tabs (once you get a site of course). Thank you again!

Thanks! I’m very MD for Ngzk, but I particularly like Ikoma. I think the member you mean is Nishino Nanase? You can image google 西野七瀬 to check, I’ve never seen her do ventriloquism, but she’s mentioned before that her mouth doesn’t move much when she talks and she’s a bit self conscious about it. If so, I really like her as well; I usually like lively, outgoing idols, so I didn’t notice her at first, but she’s a very lovely person. She is also super-beautiful as well, even among the Ngzk members.

9. coconoar

some user already mentioned it 🙂 its better to split multiple conversation into few lines, it will also makes the sub became easier to read. I can’t gave input about the translation tho XD I’m very thankful for this subs. Good job!

Thanks a lot! This time round I was learning as I went, the lines will definitely be split next time, because I agree that the way I did it this time wasn’t good!

10. FollowerFollower

Bokee your first sub was great!! Looking forward to your next work \(^,^)/
    The episode was funny, usually i dont like cutesy act episode, but this time i loved it (~,~). Nakada Kana’s cute when get excited, And Kazumin , Damn she’s hillarious, Now im oficially Kazumin Oshi Lol (~,~)/. I always loveee funny girl!!
    And btw, thank you for your suggestions in other post, about geinin. already watched episode1 of geinin1 , Maachun’s funny as always Lol and still young (^,^)

This kind of episode isn’t a favourite for me or Blue either, but I enjoyed the judge’s reactions; I actually thought Kana was cuter than any of the competitors. I’ve been a Kazumin oshi for a while, so I’m glad to hear that, I really like her attitude and energy, and I think she’s really cute, too.

I really like season 1 of Geinin because Ainyan was my original oshi, and it had more Gotou and Iwao in it as well

11. FollowerFollower

Kanarin one of my favorite from nogizaka beside kazumin and naachan, and kazumin’s my number one right now, she’s so funny,her character is unique, and she is pretty too. i dont know why, but funny girls always piqued my interest, even in real life. Lol

My Ngzk top 5 are Kazumin, Maiyan, Maimai, Wakasama and Ikomachan, but to be honest I really like each and every member. The only 48G team I love nearly as much is Ori-K, and even then I think Ngzk wins! Kazumin is funny, but she’s also really cute, I think more people would notice it if Ngzk weren’t full of so many really cute members.