Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku EP214 – English Subs

October 9, 2014 by

AriyoshiEP214

Back with the second half of the Ariyoshi AKB radio special featuring HKT! Sashihara’s part is lewd as always, but Nako’s story is cute and Maachun is funny and Kojiharu scowls at Nakamura Mariko and Mio makes no sense and Sakura tries her best and Miichan is Miichan.

Also, the subs are a little fast since nine people are trying to talk over each other. Sorry!

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku EP214

Original Air Date: 9/22/14
Featuring: Ariyoshi Hiroiki, Kojima Haruna, Sashihara Rino, Miyawaki Sakura, Tomonaga Mio, Yabuki Nako, Minegishi Minami, Nakamura Mariko, and Ogasawara Mayu

50 thoughts on “Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku EP214 – English Subs

I know right?! When I was first watching this episode, I was like, no way! I mean, pubic hair isn’t something that should be super taboo, but I felt kinda uncomfortable that Nako was there. ><

Thanks a lot, this was such a great episode, love the thumbnail btw. I also now know more about Sasshi and Miichan’s pubic hair than I ever really needed to. I’m glad you seem to like Maachun, all those aimless things I said about NMB could just have been summarised by saying Maachun was my favourite before the transfer. The person who made me laugh the most though was Komari, the awfulness of her impressions really did it for me. It was nice to see Nako apart from Miku, I think it’s better to see the two of them separately. She seems like a nice girl, hope I can see more of her, loved the story about Sasshi encouraging her to join. I do find it mildly unsettling that she’s 13 though; she looks about 8. In the end I put Nogidoko 152 on hold and switched to Nogibingo! 2 11 because it was so easy, I figured it didn’t matter because it was for practice, and I’m about half way through it.

Maachun is amazing, I liked her even when she was in NMB. Although I don’t pay attention to NMB in general, I always enjoyed watching Maachun’s MCs during 48G events and such. I’m happy I get to see more of her now that she’s in AKB (although I don’t think it was a good transfer overall). She and Chiyori definitely make AKBINGO super fun these days. Lol, I never really paid attention to her before, but Mariko is great! Kojiharu was trying hard not to laugh, haha. Nako is definitely the more outgoing of the two. I liked Miku better at first, but Nako did so well here that I think she’s now my favorite. She’s the same age as Natsumikan. Quite unbelievable!

Are you planning on finishing ep.11? I haven’t started yet because I hate those kind of episodes, so it’d help me out a lot if you finish it and release it. You don’t have to, but you’d be a life saver if you do!!

I think the transfer was bad for NMB, but like you I’m glad to see her more. Earlier I said I prefer Boss/Yuka as the young member pair, but if I end up really liking Nako and Miku as well that can’t be bad. I really like Komari, but she never appears on anything I watch regularly.

I’ll probably finish ep.11. I don’t really like that kind of episode either, especially without Fukagawa who always rules these episodes, but it’s really quite easy. Is there some way I contact you about releasing it? I really don’t know how to go about it.

I just want all of HKT’s young members to do well! Hopefully it’ll show people that HKT is not all about the cute, young image, that they’re capable of more than that. wMikan is already there, now we just need NakoMiku to do well too. 🙂

Oh man, it doesn’t have Fukagawa? 🙁 She’s the best. How do you want to release it? Like, do you want me to make a post with a link to your site/tumblr/twitter/etc.? Or do you want me to post it like I normally do but with you credited you instead? You can send me an email at [email protected] if you want to talk privately. Or shoot me a DM on twitter or something.

If you could post it here that would really help me out. My life’s more than a bit of a mess right now, so not having to set up my own site would be incredibly helpful. I like Fukagawa’s scenarios because they seem quite real, and that makes them quite sweet, I think. Actually given Maimai’s age she might have actually had some kind of office romance before she joined the group, now that’s some real mousou.

That’s completely fine! Just let me know how you want me to credit you and all that and we should be golden. 🙂

Was she an OL before she joined? Maimai seems so sweet. Not burikko, not too intense, just perfect. if I were a man, I’d definitely go for someone like her.

These episodes were so funny, it makes me wonder why there are so few subbed. Maybe the difficulty?
    I was expecting worse from Sasshi based on the preview but that wasn’t too bad, at least not for the type of image she already has. Still very funny though. And instead of the regular Miichan bald reference, she got two! There are so many jokes my dirty mind wanted to add here in the spirit of the show, but I think I’ll restrain myself lol.

Was it just me or did some of Nakamura’s impressions seem to make the group uneasy? Like the reactions from members behind her sometimes looked like they wanted to laugh but thought she was being too disrespectful or something. I thought Kojiharu was just overselling the annoyed reactions too until that look she had at the end of the graduation speech (which was really spot on at the start). Haha I love Kojiharu but I can totally imagine her being a bit spoiled and bratty when it comes to dealing with stuff like that.

Maybe because there’s a lot of dialogue. I had a hard time trying to time this. But yeah, Ariyoshi is an awesome show, hopefully we’ll see more of it soon. 🙂

Haha, I’m still kinda surprised Sasshi was allowed to talk about that, even with her image. She’s more of a variety tarento than an idol to me these days, but she’s still a part of HKT, which has a pretty squeaky clean image (except for that mass graduation ordeal and Murashige’s thing).

I think they were keeping quiet just to maintain that awkward atmosphere. No one likes a KY during these situations. 😛 And I feel like Kojiharu wanted to laugh, but she kept her poker face because she’s a seasoned professional! I think it’s actually good she was so mean to Nakamura, as Nakamura will be able to use that to craft her chara. Kojiharu is still very confusing to me. I have no idea what she’s like in real life!

My view of Kojiharu is she’s just so simple (not in a bad way) that it makes people think she couldn’t be so simple. An easy-going lazy idol with a good sense of humour and probably a spoiled side like I mentioned too, because of the idol/model life she’s used to. Lazy might be too strong a word, since being an idol all this time takes a lot of work… maybe low energy? She usually gives the impression she had to force herself out of bed to be there and isn’t too bothered by how it turns out lol. All this stuff is just based on what I’ve seen and heard about her idol and private life though, she could have everyone fooled. 😉

I can believe that. But her “laziness” (can’t think of a better word either) is what makes her great. Not every idol has to be super ambitious, lol. But I don’t even know what kind of guys she likes, her hobbies, what her favorite genre of music is, etc. She’s like completely mysterious? Which is completely fine. If I were an idol, I’d keep my private life really private as well.

I found the word I was looking for: lackadaisical. It’s usually a negative, but you’re right, in Kojiharu’s case it’s part of her charm. The idol who just rolls with all life throws at her and enjoys it. And yeah, I know none of that stuff about her… I wonder if she just takes a slight interest in whatever she comes across, as a lackadaisical person would, or has something she’s secretly very passionate about.

3. YSoSrs?

Can’t say much more than that Sasshi and Miichan said things I wouldn’t ever need to know. Kojima being straight faced towards Nakamura’s less than excellent impersonations was LOL worthy. Maachun was hilarious as ever and the loli-gang brought the cuteness factor to the whole show after the less than PG talk about the nether regions.

I don’t know how closely you are following SKE, but more grad announcements makes me side-eye management. SKE is bleeding out so quickly and it seems management is doing nothing to remedy it when SKE performances were always so great. :/ But I’m looking forward to EbiCalico (please invest in better wigs) with Okubo monopolizing Ryoha and Ego.  She seems to have a genuine attachment to the SKE girls that I love seeing.

Really needed a laugh after another bomb dropped upon the Kpop world. #2014takesnoprisoners. I really appreciate what you do for us fans. 😀

I love how everyone’s reaction to Sasshi and Miichan’s story is like, “We didn’t want to know…” But if you think about it, it shouldn’t be such a taboo subject? It’s just hair, haha.

Yep, SKE is my second favorite group, but I agree- their management is the worst out of the whole 48. There’s obviously a problem when there’s a grad announcement like every month, and that it’s often a promising new gen girl who’s leaving. Me too, I’m super excited for EbiCalcio! I love Okubo with SKE, they just work so great together. The preview of the first episode looked interesting (and the wigs looks much better this time around!) and I’m hoping it’s better than Ebisho.

I don’t follow kpop at all, but it’s all over my tl on twitter so I kinda know what’s going on. Seems like SM is as evil as AKS (maybe more). 😛 Hopefully 2015 will be a much better year for you kpop fans. 🙂

4. Mayuyusuki

Thanks for subbing these past two episodes of Ariyoshi AKB. I wish this show was subbed more often as at times it’s pretty good, especially these talk segments.

I was floored about the personal grooming subject. Surprised idols were allowed to talk about it and it was funny and interesting.

No problem, hope you enjoyed them. 🙂 I agree, the radio specials are pretty fantastic!

I think only Sasshi and Miichan can get away with talking about that, tbh. Perks (or drawback?) of being a variety idol, I guess!

Blue, I was so happy you subbed this so quickly! Arigato!
     I think the first five minutes basically blew my mind. I am in complete awe that Sasshi talked about what she talked about. I mean, it’s sexy but it’s also like… chooootttooo maaattte! Did she really just say that? And then Miichan joined in as well? Totally blew my mind, and then some lol.

Kojiharu was trying so hard not to laugh. I think it would’ve been funnier if she just busted out at the Nakamura. And I think she nailed Kojiharu spot on for her impression. Too funny.
     You mentioned in another comment about HKT mass graduation? Did I miss something? I love how Sasshi has turned her scandal into the most epic comeback possibly of all time in the idol world. And HKT is a tribute to her powers as an idol, though I do agree with you that she seems more like a tarento these days than an idol. Sasshi I think is seeing that she has a bright, bright future once she leaves the AKB world, whenever that will be. Hopefully not anytime soon. IT’s good for her to start now and get noticed for other things besides AKB, much like some of the former senpais did before they left.
     Thanks again for your amazing efforts. Please work with your Kouhai Boke san with the subs! That means more for all of us and I am sure under your help, Boke san will THRIVE as a subber!
    Yaaaaattta ne!

Hahaha, yeah, that was my reaction when I first watched it. I was so surprised that they were allowed to air it, but I mean…hair is hair? But now every time I think of Sashihara, the name “Mojahara” pops into my head. Oops. -.-

Yep, back in the summer of 2012, just around the same time Sasshi was transferred to HKT, there was a scandal that led to the graduation of five 1st gen girls. Well, they technically “withdrew” from the group, but it was pretty obvious it had something to do with the scandal. It included girls like Sugamoto Yuko and Eto Sayaka who had a lot of potential. It kinda makes you wonder how things would’ve turned out had they stayed.

I think Sasshi will survive just fine when she graduates!

Yes, let’s all cheer Boke-san on! 🙂

6. saki

That was fast! Thanks a lot!

Anyway Blue I think you’ve heard on the news about Japanese man arrested by police because uploading illegal content on Dailymotion. Kind of worried about your videos (and other fansubbers too)

No problem!

Yep, I heard about that, too. I don’t know how international laws work at all, but I’m not in Japan and my videos are private, so I’m hoping I’m safe. When I start seeing other subbers take down their videos (or episodes of Odekake removed on youtube), then I’ll take mine down as well. It’ll be unfortunate for those who have to rely on streams, but I don’t wanna get in any trouble.

7. Link Floyd

“We didn’t want to know…” Well, that’s not a club I want to be a member of! Put my name down in the “Knowledge is Power!” club member list ’cause I’m ok with this new info. In fact, I’m only commenting now that I’ve more or less recovered after my brain sort of overcharged itself with so much info and ended up rebooting. I actually want Akimoto to write a song called “15, 2 & 0”, the debut single of Tsuruhara. Throw in a B-Side with Tsurugishi (maybe call it “Carpet + Drapes”) and I’ll get a 1000 copies.

I love how Sashihara was all “down there is normal” and Minegishi said “Eh…? Sashi…?” Yeah, right, who’re you trying to fool. Aw, it’s such a special thing when your two favorite members know each other so well they can call each other out over such a thing *sigh*

Thanks a bunch once again for translating these episodes, Blue. Like I said before, I’m a huge fan of Minegishi and Sashihara and it’s always the best kind of fun when they are together, but everyone was on their top game on these two episodes, making them some of my favorite episodes ever. Kojima to his right, Sashihara to his left, Ariyoshi is in heaven. Good fun was had. Will watch again. Congratulations on a job well done. Seriously, your timing couldn’t have been better, I needed this tonight. Muchas thankyus!

PS
    OK, I might have gone a bit overboard with my jokes this time. It’s just that the prudeness seemed a bit overblown and childish when it’s over such a simple, common thing as pubic hair. Hair is hair, people, and chances are you have it as well. There’s really not that much to it. It’s actually a very innocent, infantile thing when you think about it.

You should be a producer, I think you’ll make it far. Who wouldn’t buy a single featuring Tsuruhara and Tsurugishi? It’ll take the idol industry by storm! I love Miichan and Sasshi’s friendship, too! They seem really close, and I bet it’d be a blast hanging out with them. I really wonder what kind of things they talk about, since they apparently know the status of each other’s pubic hair… Well, best friends talk about everything and anything, so I guess it’s not that strange!

And no problem, I had a lot of fun with this episode! Since Shakariki and Nogibingo tend to get a bit dull (well, Shakariki tends to get SUPER dull), it was a nice change.

Yeah, I’m with you on this one. It’s not a big deal. Nothing sexual about hair.

8. ajeossi76ajeossi76

Thanks for the subs! Great 2 episodes 😀

Sasshi & Miichan “hair” stuff was hilarious! I’m not sure Nako even knew what they were talking about and that’s perfectly okay. She doesn’t need think about that stuff just yet 🙂 Also, Mariko’s impersonations of Kojiharu were awesome 😀

No problem! I’m glad you thought they were great. 🙂

Haha, yes, protect Nako at all costs! But it’s fine, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Nako is always around Sasshi it seems, she’s probably heard worse. 😛

9. FollowerFollower

This episode was crazy! Lol~ (This show always crazy tho) Sasshi how dare you talk about “that” stuff in front 12years old girl
    And Ogasawara Mayu, Who’s she, She’s piqued my interest Lol~ i always love funny girl

Maachun! She’s great! You should check out RH 2014 if you want to see her solo MC. She did a series of impersonations, and they were pretty funny. Her impersonation of Nana was so horrible, it was great.

1. FollowerFollower

I watched it, that was hilarious, she’s like stand up comedian Lol. My favorite is “idol whose chin are too sharp” part and how she just continue after all laugh for Sayaka Lol~.
        Is she popular member on NMB and regularly show up at NMB variety? I want to see her more! Lol~

Mayuyu’s was pretty good, too. And Takamina’s “face oil” thing was spot on, haha. She’s actually in AKB now thanks to the shuffle. I don’t follow NMB too closely so I’m not sure how popular she was there, but she’s one of the few members I actually knew and recognized in NMB so there’s that. Maybe you can check out TeppenSubs? They do NMB content, you might see more of her there!

1. FollowerFollower

Then its safe to say that all of her impersonations is good Lol~
            Ah she’s in AKB now? Maybe its time to follow AKB again~~
            Go straight to Teppensubs!!

If you want to see more of her, I think Geinin 1 and 2 are better than season 3, which only has her in one episode. The subs for that are quite old, so they were done by Sub 48 instead. I actually really liked NMB when Geinin first came out, but in retrospect that was mostly due to Ainyan (graduated), Maachun (transferred) and Gotou (not a member).

10. リザル

Yeay~
    This episode was so funny~ I can’t stop laughing :v /
    That ” Mojahara and Tsurunogare” LOL, how could Sashi and Micchan talked that stuff -_\
    Nako still 12 years old, looks like she can’t catch up the conversation, but she is still Kawaii~

Mio~ I really missed that ” Point Getter”. I know it when she do that in z”Tonkotsu Mahou Shoujo” , it’s a cute gag >.<
    but Mio hate it and give it to funny girl Maachun!
    That one-shot gag is suits for Maachun

And thanks for the subs~ blue
    I'll be waiting for your another subs

I know, right? Now when I think of Sasshi, I think of that… Oh well, I feel closer to her than ever before! 😛

Mio isn’t one of my favs, but she did pretty well on this episode. The tuna talk had me like ??? though.

“And Mio makes no sense” XD. Lol at the description. So this episode has come! Mio and Nako doesn’t push the button at all cuz they don’t get the dirty joke. Maybe Sashi didn’t really mind making that joke because the kids won’t get it and won’t question it anyways? lol. Anyways really funny episode. Thanks for the subs!

Mio is like 15 or 16, right? I’m sure she gets it, haha. I just think Sasshi is pretty open to saying anything, even if it’s super embarrassing. She’s built her whole career on being a hetare and this is another example of how she basically stole the whole show, whether you like her or not.

12. Link Floyd

*writes down* “Best friends… pubes…” Got it! I’m learning so much today.

I should definitely be a producer. Get me in control of AKB and we either go out in an explosive mess within a month or we soar like eagles in pogo sticks. One of the two.

Yeah, I understand how working on the same stuff for a while can get boring fast. I still enjoy Shakariki, though, and I’m looking forward to what members are featured. I understand Rabutan did an episode? That oughta be interesting, she’s a feisty one.

13. ANuBiS

I love this segment so much, funny as always.

But I am wondering if Ariyoshi saw “that” of Sasshi or he’s just joking around her.

Btw, hope you will sub this program again, I luv it 😀