NOGIBINGO!2 EP10 – English Subs

September 25, 2014 by

NOGIBINGO2EP10

How well do the first gens know Nogizaka? In this episode, the first gens will be asked a series of relatively simple questions about Nogizaka that they, as members, should know. Answer correctly several times in a row, and they’ll be rewarded with some expensive yakiniku. But if they keep answering incorrectly, a strange punishment awaits!

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] Nogibingo 2 EP10

Original Air Date: 3/14/14
Featuring: First Gens

41 thoughts on “NOGIBINGO!2 EP10 – English Subs

Yeah, heard about it a few days ago. Season 1 was my favorite, so I hope it’s more like that than season 2! I also hope we get to see more of the second gens, I’ve been curious about them.

1. spicycake510spicycake510

YES! Thanks for subbing this episode!
    I’ve been waiting for this episode of Nogibingo to be subbed. I enjoyed it very much. ^^
    Gotta love the spelling of the word bicycle though LOL
    I await your next update Blue-san!

Thanks for subbing! I actually thought about subbing some episodes again and I decided to give it a go, could you tell me what subbing program you use? As ever I have too many thoughts on the episode, but:
    1. Saito Asuka is living proof that idols don’t need to take their glasses off.
    2. Hori’s smile every single time she pushed the arrow down was ridiculously cute AND malevolent.
    3. Reika can’t count, lol.
    4. Kazumin, lol.
    5. I’m pretty sure at least some of Kawamura’s fails were on purpose.
    6. 焼きプリン、wtf?
    7. While I like Ngzk’s management more than AKB, their handling of the 2nd gen has been awful. Seeing Yonetoku here and knowing she’s already gone is just sad.
    8. Wakatsuki’s handwriting is pretty.

Did you watch the Janken Taikai? I know it doesn’t count for much anymore, but I still liked seeing Chori, Ripopo, Sahho and Okada do well. I was most happy for Myao though, I almost hope it is rigged if it means Myao will be pushed again after so many years.

Yay, glad to hear you’re picking it up again! I use Aegisub; it’s simple and allows you to do a lot of stuff.

Was that her name? I saw her in the back, thought she was cute, but didn’t know who she was. Glasses can be so cute on some people, I don’t see why members take them off. A megane chara is still up for grabs! I have a feeling some of the girls were pissed at Kawamura, especially Sayurin. While everyone was laughing at Kawamura’s mistakes, she looked really somber, but I don’t blame her- that yakiniku looked really good. Great marbling and all that! I looked up grilled pudding, and it just looks like creme brulee. Oops, I should have used that translation… I took it too literally, lol. So sad to hear about Yonetoku. I only knew her from a few episodes ago, but she seemed really sweet and I was looking forward to knowing more about her. The management does need to do something about that, though. They don’t really have the opportunity to showcase themselves to the public because they don’t have a theater. But I think they have their own show? But still, I really hope Noginbingo!3 includes more 2nd gens. Some of the more popular first gens honestly don’t need this opportunity anymore.

I only watched the announcement for the 38th single. Janken was never my favorite event, and after hearing that HKT didn’t do that well, I never got around to watching it. I’m not sure if it’s rigged or not (although having 4 popular members win in a row is a bit hmmm), but the coupling senbatsu looks good! I was never really a fan of Myao, but it’d be awesome if she was able to make a comeback. She’s still young, she can do it!

Thanks, I downloaded it and it seems like a great program! I was watching Nogidoko 152 and thought “I understand about 95% of what’s being said” so I thought I’d try and sub that episode. I’ll probably just sub episodes I find easier, but hopefully I’ll be good enough to do a series at some point. That said, I have 15000 words of my thesis due on 10 October, so I can’t do much until after then.

Yeah, I want to see a megane idol, just once, glasses really suit some people. I’d really like to see more of a push for 2nd gen as well, and I hope Nogibingo 3 can give them a bit of a boost, it was actually a better series for that than Nogidoko is (although I prefer Nogidoko as a series). I didn’t think Ngzk needed another gen, but this is the third graduation, and I don’t think they’ve ever had a fair chance, except Hori. I just googled 焼きプリン and it all makes sense now. And about the yakiniku, all my Japanese friends think I’m nuts because I don’t like intramuscular fat, I think it’s just greasy.

Mostly, I watch the Janken Taikai for the costumes. This year I watched all the entrances, then skipped to the end, especially because it’s not such a big deal now. But I think in my own head I kind of associate being a fan with celebrating every minor victory for the members I like. Of course, the massive senbatsu for the next single is a much bigger deal. Sakura joint centre and loads of members I like in there.

Yeah, Aegisub is pretty terrific! What kind of encoding software are you using? That’s awesome, and Nogidoko is a great show to sub. I’m certain Nogi fans will love you if you start regularly subbing it! And good luck on your thesis!

The 2nd gens definitely deserve more love. They should shoot a few episodes completely dedicated to the 2nd gens, I think they’ll do fine. I’m not sure how it is now, but it seems like back when Nogibingo 2 was being filmed, they couldn’t do much because they were still uncomfortable around the 1st gens. Unfortunate since that’s not good for variety. I bet they’ll do much better if it’s just them. Do you eat yakiniku with rice? I think the rice helps with the greasiness. Ahhh, get hungry just thinking about it.

Whose costume did you like this year? I thought Kojiharu’s costume was genius, haha. And I hope Kojizaka46 becomes a thing, even if it’s only used as joke material like SONE. Sayanee and Takamina’s complimentary costumes were awesome, too!

Not sure about the encoder, I know I have a program from when I was uploading anime, but I can’t remember the name. Again, if there’s a program you recommend I’d be happy to hear it. I think Ngzk fans might love me initially, but it’ll fade when they realise I want to do some Momoclo as well, lol. Thanks for the good luck, it’ll be 35000 words down, but 45000 left to go.

I think as you said somewhere else, season 1 of Nogibingo was better, but I think they got a lot of complaints, so it was switched up a bit. Looking at S48, it looks like the thing fans want is a few coupling songs for the 2nd gen to keep them in the loop. I think it might be better if some of the less funny big names like Naachan sit Nogibingo 3 out for a bit to make way for the 2nd gen, I think Nogidoko suits the shyer members like her better anyway. I do love yakiniku, but I just love all things barbecued. I’m not so picky about quality, it’s the charcoal taste I like. When I had it in Japan though, I did have it with rice, it seemed right.

My favourite costume was Aamin’s Kiki; I’ve always loved Ghibli. Close second was Takamina and Sayanee, who I think always seem to do really well together. I don’t really follow NMB, but I have a lot of time for Sayanee and Ripopo, and I loved Ripopo’s dog costume. I liked Tanabe Miku’s costume, very wtf. And I’ve always had a thing for kimono and Jurina and Mutou Tomu both looked great. And lastly, I actually really like Paruru when she’s able to just be herself, and I thought her costume was cool.

I use xvid4PSP, but apparently there are much better programs out there. I’ve been given different suggestions, but I always go back to xvid4psp because I’m too used to using it now. I sub on my laptop, and maybe I just don’t have enough RAM in this thing, but it takes me like 2hrs to encode one 23 minute, 720p episode. >< If you ever come across anything better, let me know! And wow, that's a lot… Is that over 100 pages? D:

Really? I liked it a lot, I wonder what the complaints were about. Wait, they don't even get their own songs on the singles?… 🙁 Wow, what a waste. They're literally just sitting there, then. I agree, shy members can keep doing Nogidoko since Bananaman are soooo good at making even the shiest member funny. I don't really like Ijiri or his brand of humor, and I don't think he's that good at pulling the members out of their shells, so it definitely needs very out-there people like Kazumin for it to work. Hopefully 2nd gens have a few members like that.

Oh wow, how could I forget (especially since you have that icon)? That was great, she should have been Kiki in the live action!

Yeah, it’s about 90 pages of A4, so in a book it would be a couple of hundred pages. To be honest I read the complaints story second hand so it might be garbage, but the first season was pretty merciless, wasn’t it? At first I wasn’t convinced by Bananaman because I don’t think they’re as funny as Football Hour or Bad Boys, but I realise now they’re great hosts because they let the members show their true personalities. At first I thought members like Naachan, Wakasama and Maimai were just pretty faces, but if you watch it you see just what nice people they are. To be honest changing my icon is a bad obsessive habit I have. I see a cute picture and I’m just like “Must, use, in some , way”.

I will if it turns out I’m actually capable, I’m still not sure about that, tbh. And I’d be doing Momoclo and SKE as well. But I seriously love Ngzk, so I’ll do what I can.

4. FollowerFollower

Yeaaay~~~ Nogibingo Starto~~~ \(^_^)/
    Is it only me who think this is boring episode? Lol, the only interesting part is takayama’s posi-peace, takayama eat grilled alligator, saito asuka so cute with glasses, and bicycle spelling Lol.
    I watched two last episode of nogibingo2 without sub , and episode 11 seems like great episode, cant wait for the sub \(^_^)/
    by the way, i watched some random hkt variety show you subbed, and this matsuoka girl (sorry forgot her name) damn, she’s hella cute! i think would be hkt oshi? Lol

Yeah, this episode isn’t all that great. Honestly, I enjoyed the first season of Nogibingo so much more. The next episode is another cutesy episode, which I don’t really like. ><

Yep, Natsu is a cutie! She was originally supposed to be pushed together with Haruppi, but that changed when Sakura started gaining momentum. She's now more often paired with Madoka (forming MadoNatsu), and they're considered the beauties of the group. According to other members, when she's in a good mood, she'll be all over you, but when you catch her in a bad mood, she can be quite scary.

1. FollowerFollower

Yeah, i as well, dont really like cutesy episode but as long as it hillarious its okay for me Lol and its seems funny (>,<)~
          She's totally a cutie! when i first watched HKT variety show (its odekake maybe, i forgot Lol) my thoughts is "too much sashi" lol, but then i saw a cutie girl , its Matsuoka Natsumi. curious and started googling her name \(^,^)/. Ah Moriyasu Madoka? im googling her, and she's have some gravure with Matsuoka, Damn thats perfect, she's hot (^~^)//

I haven’t seen it all yet, just previewed it to see what it was about, so who knows? It may be funny!

Haha, I think HKT suffers from that problem of maybe having too much Sasshi. Don’t get me wrong, I love Sasshi, but she can get a bit too overbearing, but I think she’s trying to do what she can for HKT, which I appreciate. 🙂 Yeah, they’re both great! Popular with the fans, too!

1. FollowerFollower

I watched it but dont know what the hell they’re talking about (~,~) ,But kazumin cutesy act is so cute (never expected it from kazumin) Lol ,Hope it funny (^_^),

I dont hate sasshi (dont like her either though Lol) , it just i feel she out of place in HKT (in term of age and freshness) Lol, but yeaah sasshi doing great for HKT and it seem she is respected by their kouhai in HKT.

5. Sabato Shuuei

Thank’s a lot for the subs Blue-san, You’re so “AMEJINGGU!!!” 😀 … btw, can i retranslate your english subs to other language? If you give me premission, I will give all the credits to you Blue-san 🙂

6. dinbradpitt

ARIGATO VERY MUCH.ARE U PLANNING TO SUB AKB ARIYOSHI FEAT HKT48. I FIND THAT SHOW IS SERIOUSLY FUNNY.DAMN FUNNY.SO SAD I CANNOT UNDERSTAND JAPANESE.U THINK ITS POSIBBLE FOR ME TO LEARN JAPANNESE

Woah, calm down with the caps there. 😛 And yeah, probably. I was literally just thinking about subbing it 2 days ago, and yesterday I checked with Mayu from AIDOL to make sure they weren’t doing it. It’s free for me to do, and I enjoyed it (plus Nako was amazing on it), so I’ll probably work on it soon.

Learning Japanese is difficult, but it’s possible with a lot of practice and commitment. Consistency is the most important thing!

Oops I’m a bit late, but thanks Blue! I just read in the comments there’s a Nogibingo3 coming?! That’s awesome! It was great timing to pick up this series when you did. I’m guessing you’ll be too busy to try subbing another new show but thanks to your subs, I’m sure someone will be interested in picking it up. I agree with you that season 1 was better, because it felt more like early AKBINGO to me (at least that’s how I remember it… I should rewatch it soon), whereas this one has more focus on the members than games. That’s not a bad thing though. I do like both approaches, I just think if it has “bingo” in the title it should be more about wacky fun and batsu games.

I also loved Kojiharu at Janken Taikai. I don’t know if you watched clips or just saw pics but here’s a compilation of her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcKBSy2CcEU. She has a way of stealing the show with ease lol. I managed to avoid spoilers before watching the whole thing and I was seriously excited she might win it all. I don’t think the tournament is rigged like a lot of people seem to think. Imagine trying to coordinate all that and keep it a secret from the public when you’re dealing with a large group of young girls… I just don’t think it’s realistic. And from a business perspective, the fallout from being discovered would be very damaging, it wouldn’t be worth the risk.

Yeah, apparently it’s starting in early October. I’m not going to lie, I’m a bit miffed that it wasn’t an HKT show, but oh well, Nogi’s been doing really well and it’d be a good opportunity to push some of the 2nd gens. I’m getting a bit tired of the whole “bingo” format, though. AKBINGO is a classic and I love it, but Nogibingo just doesn’t have the same charm. It might have been better if Nogi got a different type of show. Plus, I just don’t like Ijiri that much. I don’t think he adds much to the show, lol. But yeah, hopefully AIDOL will pick it up!

That was cute! And it was great seeing the Nogi members cheer for her! Kojiharu is a genius when it comes to things like that. I used to think that it couldn’t possibly be rigged- how could they force so many girls to keep quiet?- but I don’t know, it’s a little strange that we had Mariko-sama, Paruru, Jurina, and now Milky win it. If some popular HKT girl wins next year, I’d be fully convinced. 😛 But yeah, who knows? You may be right. Takamina swears up and down that it’s not rigged, and I’ve always believed her, so maybe I’m just being a little too cynical!

Hmm it’s hard to picture a HKTbingo with all those cute delicate personalities. It would have to be super tame (and there’d still be many tears). I think the best fit would be NMBingo. I agree the bingo format has been getting boring but I think that’s because it became less adventurous once AKB got really popular and they didn’t have to/want to put the girls in uncomfortable situations as much. But I think they’re gonna have to shake things up somehow, and soon, because it seems to me like a lot of their shows are getting a bit stale and don’t have the same promoting power of ealry AKBINGO.

Also, I love Ijiri! Haha I understand why you wouldn’t like him though, I think he’s more of a guy’s comedian. He’s best when he’s acting creepy and making people uncomfortable, but by all accounts he’s super nice to the idols, so that does kind of limit what he can do.

I agree those Janken winners look a little suspect (you forgot Uchida though!) but also consider how many popular members don’t make it far. There are so many popular members, it’s not unlikely for one of them to be the winner. But anyway, think of it this way, if it’s rigged that means every girl – every member you like and think is honest – is going up there and lying infront of thousands of people and just acting happy/disappointed when they already knew the outcome. If that were true it would be pretty rotten. I can’t believe they’d all participate in that.

Oh, I didn’t mean that HKT should get something like HKTbingo. I was just hoping Hyakkaten or Tonkotsu would get renewed this quarter, but it wasn’t to be. 🙁 The last time they had a show was last September, so it’s been a while. But yeah, a lot of the 48G shows these days are just iterations of the same thing. You watch one, and it’s like you’ve watched everything else, save for a few small details. Personally, I’d love to see  Tani and Kaotan’s hitchhiking segment turn into an actual show. That was really interesting, fun, and most of all, unique.

He just doesn’t do anything for me, haha. I’m sure he’s really nice in real life, but I find his comedian chara just plain annoying. :X

What if it’s not rigged until the final 16? Maybe once that’s decided, management picks a girl and tells the others that she must win. I mean, that would be easier than trying to control the whole tournament. But honestly, rigged or not, it’s still a fun event. I watch it for the costumes more than anything else.

I would LOVE to see more hitchhiking segments, or just more reality show meets idols stuff. Remember the old AKBINGO cooking segments? I love stuff like that. (but I’m not holding my breath on that one coming back, considering how bad they were at handling things like knives and hot oil lol)

And nope, still not buying it. :p (I hope I don’t come off as argumentative though, just explaining why I think so) Even if it was only the finalists, that’s still a lot of girls (through all the tournaments) who would have to be incredible actors – every expression of excitement/happiness/shock/disappointment all faked at every match because they knew in advance how it would end. I doubt even one girl could do that convincingly. Plus that still leaves the problem of every member and ex-member keeping the secret, since word would have surely gotten around by now, even to those who never made the finals. Occam’s razor, basically. It’s all too needlessly complicated and would involve too many people keeping secrets. It’s not like Aki-p needs to do something so elaborate anyway when he can make anyone he wants the new center for a single without a going through the trouble of making a huge fake tournament. Anyway, yeah I don’t take it seriously either (since Takamina will never win :/ ), it’s just a fun event.

Buuut if I’m wrong, I will promise to oshi Aoi from then on and offer a burning Takamina charm as tribute. 🙂

No, you’re good! I feel like the fandom is pretty evenly divided between ppl who believe it’s rigged and ppl who don’t. That’s one good way of keeping the interest aliv, at least, haha. I feel like the girls are pretty used to acting, though. Most of the reactions on the variety shows are fake, and I’m pretty sure they do a few takes to get it right. Maybe they’re used to it? And I feel like if you were to talk bad about AKS (even after you graduate), you’d be blacklisted from the industry for a while. Or maybe I’m just overestimating their power! But yeah, I don’t have any evidence to disprove the authenticity of the tournament, so I guess you win for now -shakes fists-!

Haha, ok! I can’t wait to see you repping an Aoi icon. 😉

Ah, I’m late to the party. Thanks so much for this Nogibingo sub! I love these girls more and more because of you. I am still waiting for a breakout girl in their group, somebody like Tani from HKT/SKE who sticks out completely. I guess I haven’t seen enough episodes to really know if there is somebody like that in this group or not?
    Ah, HKT having their own show HKTBINGO would be great! I rewatched a few weeks back an old AKBINGO where some psychic comes onto the show and it’s all one big Dokkiri. The HKT girls were on that special and they seemed so torn up and upset when they were told it was a Dokkiri. Like they honestly had NO CLUE they were the punchlines. TOO FUNNY, but I felt kind of bad for them as well. So I do wonder if they could sustain themselves on an AKBINGO type show that really doesn’t hold back on them. I guess Odekake is like that in some respects? Not sure.
    The Janken tournament ruled. I don’t care if it’s rigged or not, I had a blast watching it. My oshimen from AKB, Yukirin, almost made it all the way to the end. I was happy Milky did too, but sad that it seemed at the very end of the Janken Tournament nobody seemed to happy she won. And Myao chan… YES! That’s all I’m going to say. I love the MAD DOG! I hope she get the spotlight, now that so many of the spotlight hogs from AKB are gone (and I mean that in a completely loving way towards them all. I miss them dearly). I’m excited to see whatever you sub next BLUE. And for the new girl talking about subbing, DO IT! WE WILL ALL SUPPORT YOU! Blue, as her Senpai, you have to be an example. Show her how it’s done. You would make a great Senpai, I think.
     Take care and lots of love. -d

Finding someone like Tani would be hard. SKE has had 6 generations now, but they never had anyone whose chara was similar to Tani. She’s one of a kind! But I think Nogi has a few good variety members, like Kazumin. I’m still not very knowledgeable when it comes to Nogizaka, but hopefully the new season of Nogibingo will allow more girls, especially from the 2nd gen, to shine.

I’d rather have something like Hyakkaten tbh. Although they’re no longer new, so I’m not sure how it’ll work. I just like the concept of bringing in other 48G members as guests. I enjoy inter-group relations a lot! Maybe something like SJo would be nice, too.

The only problem I had with Milky winning is that she’s already popular, so it was kind of a bummer it didn’t go to some lesser known girl. That could have been something amazing for a girl who isn’t already in senbatsu for three different groups. :/

I think Boke is a guy, but yes, let’s cheer him on regardless! 🙂

Yeah, sadly I did my best, but I got about 2 minutes in and hit a roadblock where Bananaman were saying something to Itou Marika about introducing a film and I was like “I know all those words, but I can’t make them make sense”. Maybe I’ll try again later, sorry I got everyone’s hopes up.