HKT Shakariki48! EP08 – English Subs

September 11, 2014 by

Shakariki08

This episode features HKT’s positive-thinking, frugal tsukkomi, Wakachan! Where will she work? Since her father was a famous pro-baseball player, will she do something related to that? Oops, did I give it away? Who knows, I’m sure most people already know what job they’re going to do. Do people read these descriptions anyway? Hello?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HKT Shakariki48 EP08

Original Air Date: 8/22/14
Featuring: Wakatabe Haruka

bluementaiko

About the author: bluementaiko

Hi, you can call me Blue. I'm an independent subber. Currently working on Hyakkaten 3. Since I work alone, nothing is 100%. Feel free to talk to me, offer suggestions, etc.! My oshi is Motomura Aoi, and my favorite group is HKT. If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ first. Thank you!!

40 thoughts on “HKT Shakariki48! EP08 – English Subs

Haha, awesome. 🙂 I don’t write very much on these Shakariki episodes so I wondered if ppl just went straight for the video. Glad to know I was mistaken, though!

This is one job I’d definitely like to do some day, maybe when I’m retired. Not at a baseball stadium though, because I’m English. I’d really like to give tours at the football stadium near where I was born, I’ve got a lot of memories of that decrepit ruin. England and Japan’s approach to this is totally different though, most of the guides here are old geezers who’ve been supporting a team for about 50 years. To be honest Wakachan failed harder than any of the girls so far on the first go, but memorising 18 pages is probably impossible in 5 days.

PS. Sorry this is a really late question, but did you have any thoughts on HKT’s latest senbatsu? Haruppi centre made me really happy.

That sounds like a lot of fun! I’m guessing it’s more of a local soccer club? I used to live in northern Italy when I was young, and I remember going to a lot of local soccer games with the other neighborhood kids. Definitely a lot of fun, and what better way to spend your golden years than to do something that may not be high paying, but something you’re passionate about (I’m just assuming you are b/c you’re English :P)? Yeah, I can’t imagine having to memorize all that while attending school and participating in HKT activities. At least she got paid well!

I’m very happy about the Haruppi center, and I’m also happy about the possibility of HKT becoming the only 48 sister group to have rotating centers. After watching the MS performance, it seems like it’s more of a triple rotating center, but I think it’s cool that the first gens finally got a single that was theirs. I’m sad that Akiyoshi dropped out, but the one thing I like about HKT management is that they like to push new girls. Jiina wasn’t a big surprise for me, but I didn’t expect Sae or Mao. I think they were both good choices. Maichan was always pushed alongside MeruMio as the 2nd gen’s third option (unfortunately, that didn’t work out very well), so I can see why they’re immediately pushing Sae in that same way, as the 3rd gen’s third option. As for Mao, it seems like a majority of the draft girls aren’t doing much, they’re kinda just there, so for HKT to actually utilize their draft member and give her a chance is nice and refreshing. I like Murashige so I was bummed out when she was dropped, but it’s no surprise, really. I think she was going to be dropped regardless of the scandal. I feel like it’s also going to happen to Aoi soon. 🙁 Overall, I’m pretty happy with everything! How about you? Any thoughts other than Haruppi’s center?

Yeah, I support Portsmouth FC who are my local team, they’re…not that great. But I love football and I also love history so I think it would be good to do it about 40 years from now. I’d like to see more rotating centres, I think it’s a great motivation for members to push on and be the best they can be, and more rotating senbatsu members for that matter. I have lots of thoughts, so I’ll try and express them as briefly as possible:
        – I’ve always really liked Haruppi, she wasn’t my favourite, but Chori and Tani were never going to be centre anyway.
        – I love that Sasshi’s in the first row, members like Sasshi and Takamina should never have been taken off the front line.
        -I prefer active, funny idols to cute ones, but Sakura’s one of the cute members I like more, happy for her.
        – I don’t really know Jiina, Mao or Sae well at all, but they seem like nice girls, and while I think too many KKS come in, it’s far better for them to be in with a realistic chance of being picked (I know Jiina’s 2nd gen, but I haven’t seen her much).
        – I don’t have much of an opinion about Meru or Mio, I prefer Meru though, she seems more earnest.
        – I don’t dislike Nako or Miku, I just feel like they’re lacking compared to Yuka and Boss.
        – I’ve always thought Non was awesome, really glad she was picked.
        – I think HKT has really improved Aichan, I like her much more than when she was in AKB.
        – My opinion of Madoka has really improved as well, she’s just very cool.
        – I feel less strongly about Nattsu, Aoitan and Chiichan, but I like all of them, and I’m glad they were picked.
        – I feel most bummed out about Boss and Yuka not being picked, I’ve always thought both of them were awesome, and I feel they fit the part of younger members better than Nako and Miku. To a lesser degree I’m also disappointed Nao and Rikopi, but less so because I don’t know who should be moved to fit them in.

Sasshi always had the hidden center thing going on with her position, though. Sure, MeruMio may have been centers, but Sasshi was in the middle of the triangle, so she stood out a lot even though she wasn’t in the first row. Jiina wasn’t at all considered in the beginning, I think. Maichan, Okapan, Naopon, and Tani were in front of her, but besides Tani (who just took the variety spot), none of them really went anywhere. Jiina received a favorable position in Team H, so it was bound to happen. I used to dislike MeruMio, but that was just me being stupid and blaming them for taking Haruppi’s center away, when in reality, they had nothing to do it with it at all. I’ve grown to like them a lot this year, especially Meru. Have you read her g+ post after the senbatsu announcement? It’s hard to believe this girl is 13 with the amount of maturity she displayed. And yeah, I agree about Boss and Akiyoshi. Of course Nako and Miku were going to get selected, but they spent two singles pushing Akiyoshi and she was just beginning to develop her character, and now they drop her. But who knows, maybe Nako and Miku will develop a lot in the next year or so and become amazing members who contribute a lot to the group. The management are expecting a lot out of them, so hopefully they can live up to the hype. Besides, senbatsu isn’t the be-all and end-all. Realistically, I don’t think Boss is going to enter senbatsu again. But she has a good kenin position with SKE and she gets a lot of MC time with Akiyoshi, even during 48Group concerts. She gets invited to Goboten a lot, and having one scary, tsukkomi chara in a group full of cute, young members will make her stand out. Variety-wise, she’s doing well. Anyway, I think it boils down to whether you support individual members or the whole group. I admit, sometimes I only think about Aoi, but I do love and care for the well-being of the whole group, too. I want them to surpass NMB and SKE someday, and if that means I have to continue watching NakoMiku get pushed and receive a lot attention, then so be it.

Sorry for the long post! Feel free to write as much as you want, though. I always love hearing what other people think about this kind of stuff!

My comment about Sasshi was more that I think Sasshi and Takamina are slowly being turned into managers, and while I think they do that well, it wastes their talent a bit, I think. I get the impression that HKT’s management actually appreciates her more than AKB’s, though. To be honest I’m still not sold in Mio, but I like Meru a lot more than I used to. She’s just not the “type” that I get excited about, but she seems to have a very likeable personality, and if she did end up as a perma-centre I’d be OK with it. I think Nako and Miku do have potential actually, I mean they’re so young who knows what kind of people they’ll be in a few years time. I mean, when I first saw Rena she was supposed to be an Ojou-sama-kei idol, now look at how much her image has changed. I always knew Boss was unlikely to be a perma-senbatsu member, but it’s like Kazumin always being in Ngzk’s back row; I understand it’ll never change but I always hope it will. I think she could easily end up like Chori though, being relatively successful without senbatsu. Akiyoshi is more vexing, I thought she was going to be pushed. I was a bit disappointed about Shige, but if I’m 100% honest, I kind of mentally replaced her with Tani. I feel a bit bad about that, but it is true…

BLUE! Arigato!!!! As usual you totally amaze me with your subs!
     Wakachan I think is going to be a major FORCE in the AKB family as she progresses and gets older. She was strong, composed, and when she kind of failed pretty badly on that first tour, she didn’t cry or whine or give up. She focused and redid what she needed to redo and gave those kids a great tour! I am seriously impressed with her! She could easily be a leader for HKT and maybe even AKB if she gets transferred! WOW.
    I wonder though if it was just easier for Wakachan to talk to younger kids than all those adults with their little ones? That might have helped her confidence. Still, memorizing all those pages and giving tours seems like it would be easy, but I don’t think it was at all. In fact, this might be one of the more harder jobs any of the girls had to do. Memorizing all those lines five days before the actual job? That’s more than any of the other girls had to do so far. So I have a lot of respect for her. And geez, what is it with AKB members having baseball Otousans? Lol.
    Great stuff! Can’t wait for the next subs!

Yeah, I was really impressed by her mental fortitude! A lot of the girls would probably cry or become dejected, but she took everything the trainer had to say to heart and actually wanted to do it again. She’s definitely very strong, and since she cares a lot about her juniors, I think she would make a good leader. I wish they gave her a co-captaincy in H! And definitely, dealing with little kids is much easier than dealing with adults. Still, I feel like she showed a lot of improvement, and she made things fun for the kids. And lol, I think only 3 members in the whole 48G have baseball player dads? Baseball players usually marry really pretty announcers and such, so it’s no surprise their kids are cute. 🙂

3. Link Floyd

I always knew Haruka Wakatabe was cute enough. Having never seen her speak or move much, though, I didn’t know how much. Now I know how much.
    Wow.
    Further investigation is needed!
    TO THE INTERNETS!

She’s really beautiful! Tall, slim, model-like. 🙂 A bit of a fiery personality, and back in the Hakata Legend days, she used to be the tsukkomi with Boss.

I hope your investigation goes well! She’s definitely oshi material!

Thanks for another great sub, Blue! 🙂 This was my favourite Shakariki so far, unlike that babysitting episode everyone seemed to love, because I babysit my young nieces and nephews (often all day) and let me tell you it is NOT a fun job! They’re why I get sick a lot too. Walking biohazards!

Anyhow, this was my favourite because of Wakachan. I hadn’t noticed her before on Odekake, maybe she just wasn’t featured enough or in the right ways? But from the moment she appeared here… the way she talks, her expressions, body language, and carefree confidence… I thought, “Ah, it’s her. She’s my HKT oshimen.” It’s funny how obvious it was in an instant. The rest of the episode solidified it too. So you’ve introduced me to another favourite idol, thanks! 😀

Oh god, that does sound pretty horrible! Every time my little cousin visits me from Japan, she hangs out in my bedroom all day, asking me questions and making me watch her play the Sims. -.- So yeah, I can relate in that sense, but they’re still cute regardless!

Wow! I’m glad you found her! It’s funny how picking an oshi is such a quick process for a lot of people, including me. They just catch our eyes, and they suddenly become our oshimen. I guess first impressions are really everything. 🙂 But yeah, unfortunately Wakachan wasn’t very prominent in Odekake. I remember she centered that banana episode, but other than that, she didn’t really play a big part. She’s definitely a hidden gem, though. It’s too bad she hasn’t been pushed, although apparently she’s appearing in more non-48G shows with her dad these days.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, taking care of kids is rewarding, especially because I’m more of a substitute parent than a babysitter. And they can be very cute when they’re not screaming, crying, fighting, throwing tantrums, biting and clawing while I hold them, pooping themselves, flailing about as I try to change their poopy diapers, getting poop on me and the occasional how-the-heck-did-you-manage-that poopocalypse that gets everywhere. Other than that, they’re adorable. 😀 And did I mention there’s a lot of poop?

That’s too bad there isn’t a lot of stuff featuring Wakachan but I’ll be keeping an eye out for her. She’s definitely my youngest favourite, so hopefully she’ll get more attention in the future.

Haha, you should work for birth control companies, that definitely makes me not want to have kids. Surprisingly, I’m ok with poop (this sounds horrible without context…). I’ve picked up enough cat and dog poops in my life that I don’t even bat an eye anymore.

Do you watch stages? I feel like that’s the best way to get to know a girl.

“Surprisingly, I’m ok with poop.” – bluementaiko
            :p

I’ve only watched a few I could find on youtube, none of them HKT. The problem is my download speeds are bad (and capped) and the files are quite big, plus there are so many to choose from, so it’s not something I normally seek out. Are there any specific ones you’d recommend or is it basically just the newer the better?

That’ll haunt me forever! -.-

Yeah, I normally don’t download them either. I just stream some stages here: http://i.youku.com/u/UMTMwNTYyMDg=/videos (you’ll need the “unblock youku” extension for Chrome for some videos). But honestly, if you don’t know some Japanese, stages might get repetitive and tiring. I feel like the only reason to watch more than one stage is for the MC (this is where you will learn A LOT about each member, her personality, her strengths, her weaknesses, how she feels about other members, etc.). But it might be fun just watching one just to see how the girls perform and such!

My favorite stage was Hakata Legend (March 2013 – April 2014). If you like the first gens, then you might find it enjoyable. Half subbed Murashige’s birthday stage, and I believe that was during Hakata Legend, so you may want to check that out!

That’s perfect, thank you! I’ll check them out for sure. I don’t know much Japanese, but I can follow basic stuff, like I’d image the conversations of MCs would be.

5. m3ntaiko

i read every bits of your descriptions. i think we all do.
    and thank you for this eps, i always want to see more Wakachan since she’s quite a girl. She’s definitely a senbatsu material, at least in HKT, but nowadays i really think most of HKT members are senbatsu material (lol) so someone gotta make room for the other one and so on.

I’m glad you do! 🙂

It’d be nice if they give her another chance, but there are also so many other girls who would benefit from being in senbatsu, too. It’s too bad.

6. randy

Thanks, again, as always. You are the best. Subbers like you have motivated me to learn the language. I’m about a month in and I am determined. Funny, but I actually enjoy studying kanji, which seems to be most beginners’ biggest obstacle. Hopefully, in a few years I’ll do the same for other fans.
    Now, can you tell me where I can find the raw? I’ve looked but can’t find the damn thing anywhere.
    thx

The site to use is http://www.hello-online.org/ . In the search box, set it to search the tracker, or you won’t get any hits. The search engine for the site is wonky so use the simplest term you can eg. odekake, shakariki, akbingo. Anything more complicated tends to just confuse it.

Awesome, I’m glad to hear it! 🙂 I hope it coming along nicely. I’m awful at kanji, it’s actually really embarrassing. >< I don't know how anyone can remember all those strokes without wanting to bang their head against the wall! And yay, you should definitely join the subbing community. 🙂

Like boke mentioned, all my raws are from H!O. It's uploaded by the user "gryzze."

Actually, I’m Japanese. But I only lived in Japan until I was like 5 y/o, and now we only speak English at home. Pretty sad. I don’t really do any studying tbh (I take Japanese classes at college, but that hasn’t helped me much). I just watch a lot of Japanese tv shows and if they say a word I don’t know, I’ll just look it up. This is why I don’t know kanji at all. -.-

Sorry, this probably wasn’t much of a help!

7. fuu

blue san~ thankyou for the sub! wakaharu episode… I always waiting for this to come ><)b

btw, why you didnt post in dailymotion like before?._. a

thankyou :bow:

No problem! 🙂

I uploaded it to DailyMotion initially, but they took it down. 🙁 I don’t know why, it was on private, so it should have escaped the copyright claim. ><