HKT Shakariki48! EP07 – English Subs

Okutogasu 29, 2014 by

Shakariki07

This episode features HKT’s mysterious child, Nao! Where will she work? And will they make fun of her chin?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HKT Shakariki48 EP07

Original Air Date: 8/15/14
Featuring: Ueki Nao

bluementaiko

About the author: bluementaiko

Hi, you can call me Blue. I'm an independent subber. Currently working on Hyakkaten 3. Since I work alone, nothing is 100%. Feel free to talk to me, offer suggestions, etc.! My oshi is Motomura Aoi, and my favorite group is HKT. If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ first. Thank you!!

46 thoughts on “HKT Shakariki48! EP07 – English Subs

1. リザル

Kyaa~ Nao >.<
    She is so cute! And that chin too :V

She work as a babysitter,
    I think she will becoming a good mother in the future :V

I really wait for this subs!
    Thanks again! Blue 😀

Yeah, Nao was awesome in this episode! I was a bit worried since she’s really strange (in a good way!), but she was responsible and the kids seem to really like her. 🙂

WOW BLUE, thank you for this! I didn’t expect another sub this fast!
    This one really touched me. It must be a great feeling to make people happy like Nao did in this episode. I mean, she does this all the time in her theatre performances, but it’s really sweet to see Nao work so hard to make those children smile in the same kind of way, you know? Totally awesome and another reason why I adore HKT the most.
    Again, arigato gozaimasu. I am humbled by your kindness. Blue is cho yasashi!

It was the best episode we’ve had so far, I feel. I don’t know if it’s because I like kids, but idols + working with kids = always fun and a bit emotional. She even did small things to make the kids smile, like drawing Doraemon with the batter, which was really thoughtful of her.

And thanks! 🙂

To be honest, of all the jobs so far, this is probably the only one I couldn’t do. Children who are over about 4 years old are fine, because they seem to like me, but I’m useless with children under that age because when they cry I always panic because I think something terrible has happened when they’re usually just blowing off steam. Nao came across ridiculously well though, she was really patient and keen to engage the children all the way through (extra marks for paying equal attention to the sisters), and to be honest she was as cute as the children (it was the happiness on her face). The little girls seemed like ridiculously nice children though, whoever looks after them in the future would be pretty lucky.

I’ve been slowly working my way through the backed up Odekake episodes, and it’s all getting a bit nostalgic, because I realise that there surely can’t be many more Chori/Tani episodes. While I think the move was good for them I do miss them together a bit, although the Kaotani and Maachun/Chori partnerships are pure gold as well. While I was watching those episodes, though the thing that shocked me was Wakatabe Haruka, who looks completely different. I have no idea when that happened. Also heard that Aoi had some kind of photo scandal, I hope people don’t react too stupidly and it doesn’t affect her career much.

Really? After the petsitting job, this is the job I’d like to do the most. It’s probably really overwhelming and it must be exhausting having to watch them constantly, but kids are cute and I feel like being able to see them smile and laugh and stuff would be nice. I was worried about Nao, but she was really great. And the twins are raised really well, you could definitely tell by their mom. Sometimes I feel like Japanese kids these days are babied and spoiled a lot because they’re rare and precious in Japan’s declining population, so it’s refreshing and nice to see a mom who seems stern and serious about raising respectable, well-behaved children.

As much as I miss them, I don’t even think of them as HKT anymore. I think that’s a good thing, though- I feel like their transfers were handled really well, maybe even the best out of the bunch. Chori is doing great in AKBingo and I’ve even seen her on other non-idol variety shows (Goto was the MC, so maybe he pulled a few strings?). And Tani’s move was the best thing that could’ve happened to her, I think. She’s getting a huge push that she would’ve never received in HKT. Really? I feel like Wakachan just got lighter and prettier, but I don’t think she’s changed that much. But then again, I don’t keep up with Team H, so maybe she looks completely different now!

Yeah, idk how I feel about that photo. She’s obviously hanging out with teenage boys, and maybe it was a goukon, but I don’t think it’s really scandal-worthy. But then again, Aoi’s popularity comes from her looks, so I feel like a lot of her fans would be quick to condemn her if they feel she’s not “pure” or “available” or whatever. I don’t care at all if she’s dating, but there seem to be a lot of rumors about her so I hope she’s a bit more careful in the future.

It’s not that I think it’s a bad job, just that I think I wouldn’t be good at it, I’m fine at handling children who can talk, but I’m a bit hopeless with children who are younger than that. When it comes to Japanese children, I think the biggest problem is that parents don’t seem to discipline their children at all until they get to school, and then the discipline suddenly becomes quite overbearing, although that’s just me looking at things from the outside.

I agree that Chori and Tani’s moves were good for both them and the group, seeing as HKT’s image is so specific (in contrast I think Maachun’s move was a disaster for NMB, because they have a funny girl image, but Maachun was far and away the funniest member), I was just feeling a bit nostalgic. I’m glad to hear that Chori’s getting work outside 48G as well, I actually think she’s one of the members most likely to have a decent career after graduating, despite not being a very prominent member, especially if Gotou really does help her out a bit. I think with Wakachan I was just surprised because about 6 months real world time had passed since I last saw her on a program, and people’s faces change a lot at that age.

I think we’re on the same page about Aoi’s photo. I can’t date an idol, and don’t want to (well maybe Neesan or Wakatsuki Yumi) so I don’t care if they do. I’m just worried about the effect on their popularity. Ironically going to a goukon would seem to prove she’s not dating right now, but people aren’t that logical.

It didn’t lead to a scandal per se. But I don’t read 2ch comments, so who knows what they’re saying over there. It’s such a tame picture, and it’s not like she’s with a guy alone, so I don’t see the problem at all. I sometimes think some of the crazier wotas actually believe that the only male interaction these idols can have is with their family members. God forbid they actually have male friends. -gasp-

1. Rodrigo Pacheco

That is an example of the culture idiosyncrasy i talked to you…

Particularly i my admiration for her, or any other idol, will not grow or lessen if she have a boyfriend, a husband or a family.

I really can see the appeal of the idea of the “love ban” thing. I am a man, you know, and i can figure what  those wotas preach and why.

But… eh! Let them girls live.

1. iidesune13iidesune13

Thanks. You’re totally right, doesn’t look like a scandal-worthy photo. Looks like a high-school reunion to me but I guess some people likes to create commotion.

4. daifugoeyes

Kyaa~ Arigatueki!
    Nao is so cute as uausl, and I’m again amazed by this pretty girl. Great episode and great job, Blue.

Kyaa~ Kawaii Naocchi <3 She was 100% cute and the episode is my favorite ao far.

She was really cute! Regardless of gender, people who are good with kids always get a lot of points in my eyes. And me too, Chiichan’s episode was good too, but I think I like this one slightly more.

5. Rodrigo Pacheco

I liked that one!

It is kind of strange how the girls keep saying they never worked, while they work their asses off being idols.

Maybe it is for the sake of the advertising they does at the ending of each episode? Seems like a employment agency, am i wrong?

Thank you, Blue!

Although some of them might see being an idol as something fun instead of a job, the actual question they get asked is have they had a teenage-style part-time job, instead of have they worked at all.

Yeah, arubaito is more like what high school students do, like fast food or working at a restaurant and stuff.

And yep, they’re all sponsored by Baitoru (or something like that, I can’t quite remember) which is a part-time job agency thing, I believe. It’s quite a weird tie-up, but at least we get a pretty nice show out of it!

1. Rodrigo Pacheco

Ah, I see. Thank you, Guys.

I translated the “part-time job” wrong. Maybe because in here it had another meaning. In here, the law don’t let anyone work more than 8 hours a day, more than that is overtime, and people who does not work that full 8 hours are part-time employees, in any kind of job.

Now that i know what it really means, all made sense. 🙂

6. gendutganteng48

Thanks you for the hard works 🙂
    wonder if u continue subbing and uploading odekake :v and by any chance goin for HKT variety too :v
    its always nice for ure subbing and uploading and thanks you again 😀 have a nice days always