Break

Okutogasu 9, 2014 by

Hi, everyone.

I’ll be taking a break for a while, as I have other things to work on. I didn’t want to fall behind on Shakariki, but I think it’s only running for a quarter so it shouldn’t take me that long to catch-up. Sorry!

Categories
bluementaiko

About the author: bluementaiko

Hi, you can call me Blue. I'm an independent subber. Currently working on Hyakkaten 3. Since I work alone, nothing is 100%. Feel free to talk to me, offer suggestions, etc.! My oshi is Motomura Aoi, and my favorite group is HKT. If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ first. Thank you!!

32 thoughts on “Break

Thanks a lot for all your work recently, it was great having the translations coming so fast, but you were on holiday, right? I’m glad you’re coming round to Nogizaka, I think I might have been a bit over-enthusiastic in singing their praises though, ha. I just wanted to ask you a couple of questions; when you started subbing, how much of the spoken Japanese did you understand, or are you just bilingual? I’d like to do some subs of my own, maybe Momokuro because they have fewer subbers, but I still only understand about 75% which probably isn’t enough. The other question was, which episode of Odekake did you and Lonely Avocado sub up to, was it 47? I’m just going to watch them in Japanese.

Actually, my school has ridiculously long summer breaks, so I’m on holiday until the end of September, lol. The other project I’m working on is still 48-related; it’s just really long and it’s kinda hard finishing it up when I have to worry about Shakariki and Nogibingo. -.-

I grew up with my mom speaking a mix of Japanese and English, so that helped a ton. I only started learning it formally in my senior year of HS, and I’m also taking classes in college. I still sub with a Japanese-English dictionary next to me, though. If you can understand 75% of Odekake, then I feel like you can definitely do easier shows like AKBINGO/NOGIBINGO. I think the most important thing is having a good grasp of Japanese grammar. Let me know if you have any questions about subbing, I might be able to help.

Yep, until ep.47! That’s a good idea, good luck! 🙂

I might give some blog posts a go first, that way at least I don’t have to deal with listening comprehension. My grammar is OK, it’s my vocabulary knowledge which is lacking. If I was to choose an SKE series, which do you think would be the easiest?

You always have the dictionary for words you don’t know, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

Hmm, are you ok with subbing old content from like 2010/11? I don’t think Itte Koi was a hard show to understand (especially that episode where they were stuck with the snake), but I’ve only seen a few episodes. Maybe some easy episodes of SJo? Sorry, I only recently started following SKE, I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to their shows.

Thanks for your hard work! You deserve a break. Good luck on whatever will you work on. I’ll be waiting for you to be back!

No need to apologize! You do awesome work at super speed and ask for nothing in return. And to top it off you’re really friendly and sweet to us fans who just post comments here ♥. Whatever else you have to do, hope you take some time to relax and enjoy yourself too!

Aw, thanks! And I appreciate every comment, it’s nice when people take the time to share their thoughts. I like hearing what other people have to say and I also enjoy sharing my own opinions, so it’s a win-win for me. 😀 Thanks for always leaving really nice comments!

BM, I really am happy to hear you are taking some time for yourself. You deserve it. I love coming to your blog all the time and seeing new episodes pop up of whatever you are subbing at the moment, but I also know that you are doing this simply out of the kindness of your heart to spread the AKB love. I really am grateful for that. Because of you and lonely avocado, I absolutely adore HKT now. I also hope this AKB related project you are working on also is going well! Also, your subs are absolutely amazing. Considering your understanding of the Japanese language, I have no problems feeling what is being said in every episode you sub. I speak conversational Japanese fairly well, so I pick up on nuances of the Japanese language that most subbers might miss, but you don’t miss anything. Your subs and Lonely Subs are really extraordinary. I’m not taking you off my Google Chrome’s tabs. I’ll keep checking back until you come and say hi to us all again with more subs. But until then, have fun and enjoy your break. You will be missed by all of us, especially me 🙂

Thank you for your kind words! I’ll still be subbing over this “break” (I guess I shouldn’t even call it that!), it’s just long and I need to put down everything else and give it my undivided attention. And I’m glad you love HKT now! I know they don’t have the greatest songs or the best dancers or the most charismatic members, but I feel like they’re trying their best, especially in variety. Lonely and Half are amazing subbers, and I’m glad I’m living up to their standards when it comes to subbing HKT videos. Also, sorry for making it sound like I was leaving for like a month or something; I’m just not sure when I’ll be finished with this video, but it shouldn’t be that long.

Just a long video I’m subbing. It’s old AKB stuff, not sure if it’s for everyone, but it was a request from a loooong time ago and I figured I should sit down and actually try to finish it.

1. yooo100yooo100

i will also like that thought 🙂
        i have watch many kind of videos actually, even from ohori, noro kayo and maimai era in AKB 1ji 59fun.
        miss that old akb actually althought the new one is good too..
        i would like any kind of 48 show actually, lol
        thanks anyway 🙂

5. Shabe

Sad to hear ! But thanks for all the work you’ve put in! Appreciate it heaps! You make at least a few days in my week great with this episodes!

6. Jeremy N

Blue-san XD

i just found you website, XD feel like finding a lost treasure. Please take a good break and became more energetic when ur back.

7. WizardKun

Take as long as you need, I really appreciate ally our work on HKT shows. If it wasn’t for your work on Odekake I wouldn’t have gotten as involved with HKT as I am now and I really can’t overstate how thankful I am for that. Will you be updating this site with your latest project?

That’s great! I hope you’re enjoying HKT so far. 🙂

Yep! It’s actually just a subbed AKB video, so it’s not a different project per se. It’s just long and I don’t think I’ll ever finish it if I were subbing doing Shakariki and Nogibingo at the same time.

lol, oh when you said break I thought you meant like a few weeks or a month or something. Even if that was the case, I’m a HUGE fan of your subs and you are definitely up to par with everyone else. I love your subs completely. I can’t wait to see this old AKB show you are doing! Sounds like FUN! I hope you’ll put it up for us to watch as well!
     And yeah, I think HKT is fantastic. I’m happy they are doing their first overseas concert. I was thinking about going to Taiwan to support them. I want to see them more than any of the other groups. I am kind of into Sasshi a lot lately. I keep hoping somebody will do the whole Sashihara no ran series eventually. She’s just incredibly beautiful too. I didn’t realize it to recently but her gravure pics are so amazing. My oshimen is Yukirin, but Sasshi comes close in that sense. Ah, but then there’s Tani? What do I do? Lol.  Anyway, thanks again BM. I am excited for your new subs!

Oh wow, thanks for remembering! Yeah, the last time I took an official break was in January, but I didn’t really do much in April or May, so I guess that counts too.

9. n4v1n4v1

Enjoy your time Blue! Hoping that you’ll come back with more determination to do your things, 😀
    One thing I like is that your subbing is relatively faster than some other subbing group, and I’m glad with the fact that you’re HKT oshi, because I am too, and now that you have start to look for some nogi’s stuff, good luck anyways! 😀