HKT Shakariki48! EP04 – English Subs

July 29, 2014 by

Shakariki04

Another week, another member working part-time! Fuchigami Mai-chan will be the first second gen to try her hand at this whole working part-time thing. She mentioned how she wanted to work as a cashier at a supermarket in the first episode. Will her wish be granted?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HKT Shakariki48 EP04

Original Air Date: 7/24/14
Featuring: Fuchigami Mai

bluementaiko

About the author: bluementaiko

Hi, you can call me Blue. I'm an independent subber. Currently working on Hyakkaten 3. Since I work alone, nothing is 100%. Feel free to talk to me, offer suggestions, etc.! My oshi is Motomura Aoi, and my favorite group is HKT. If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ first. Thank you!!

27 thoughts on “HKT Shakariki48! EP04 – English Subs

Blue, I’m seriously in awe of you. Arigaaaaato for subbing this so fast! You are allowing me to enjoy HKT so much every week! I feel so spoiled by you!
     Mai-Kun worked her little Oshiri off, didn’t she? I was impressed! That isn’t easy work to be in a factory, but she did great. She did it all with a smile too. What a great role model for young people who watch this show!
    Again, as always, you are the best Blue. I really am so grateful for you every time you put up a sub.
    -d

I’m glad! Everyone needs a little HKT in their lives, haha.

I wasn’t a big fan of Mai-chan before, but this episode totally changed my opinion of her. The fact that she actively reached out and was like, “Look, this isn’t working. Is there any other way I can do this?” was a pretty mature thing to do. I’m shocked at how little she got, though. I guess that’s factory-work for you.

2. Link Floyd

Thanks for the hard work!

And thanks again for always providing softsubs, that’s a big help that some translation groups don’t always take into account. I really appreciate it.

3. daifugoeyes

Ahhh, I’m so happy! As usual Blue-san’s translate is so beautiful and fast and so… How to say it? As usual, I anjoyed every moment. Blun-san, you are great.
    About ths episode itself. When there was written “Mentaiko Factory”  I was ‘ahhhh?’-ing because of, hmm, well, Mentaiko means to me Anna. So I was very surprised. But the episode was really great, and Maichan was so cute 🙂 her payment made me ‘Ahhh?’ again.
    Thank you again, Blue-san!

Thanks! 🙂

Haha, yeah, I feel like a lot of people associate mentaiko with Murashige, but I still associate it with Hakata. It was pretty interesting seeing how it was made and packaged, since I enjoy eating it a lot! And yeah, her payment was veeeeery low… I wonder how much minimum wage is in Japan.

Thanks, Blue! Ahh I felt bad for Mai-chan when she kept slowing things down even though she tried her best. But it’s not her fault, I think anyone who hasn’t worked in a factory like that would have a hard time adjusting to the pace on the first day. The most interesting part to me was just sitting for lunch with strangers and talking about their lives – they should make a show about that!

She took it well, though! She looked like she felt bad, but she wasn’t dejected or anything. She just worked harder to make sure it went more smoothly, and she even touched base with the person in the back to see how she was doing. It was a pretty mature way of handling it!

Was it just me, or did those two girls, especially the Johnny’s-loving Ishibashi-san, look uninterested? I feel like the producers made them ask all those questions, lol.

Yeah, I get the feeling pretty much everyone was a little annoyed by the presence of her and a camera crew lol. It would work much better with willing participants -_-

Not going to lie, Maichan is cute and everything, but she looked like an old lady wearing that work outfit. I guess it’s because factory workers = old women for me, so it just appeared that way. She’s still cute, though!

OK it’s time to confess it; I find mentaiko pretty disgusting, so working at a mentaiko factory would probably horrify me. I’ve always thought of factory work as something 9-5 as well, so it being a part-time job surprised me. I really have to give it to Mai; she worked hard and she actively tried to work out how to become a better worker. No one can really keep up with the pace of this kind of job at first, so I think she did really well considering. I’m glad I got to know her a bit better as well; I only know the first gen really well, and I want to know the newer members better as well.

-Gasp!- You can’t be serious, mentaiko is delicious! Especially mentaiko onigiri!

Yeah, so did I. I definitely thought part-time was like working at a restaurant, fast food, conbini, etc. I don’t think she was excited about it, but she did well! Too bad about the awful pay. -.- I can’t believe Chiichan, who basically got to hang out with dogs and cats all day, got like twice the amount.

I’m glad they’re featuring the 2nd gens too. The next episode is Haruppi and I’m pretty sure all the popular first gens like Madoka, Natsu, Aoi, and Murashige are getting an episode, so it’s good we got to see at least one 2nd gen. There’s more to the 2nd gens than just Mio and Meru!

6. Sidhme

Thank you for the subs!
    I’m very grateful you decided to sub this series, it gives us a chance to see another side of the girls… and also a glance at Japanese society as well.

And hopefully the 2nd gens get their fair share of episodes… if not all of them (^-^)
    I’m no TV-producer, but I think more 2nd gen episodes might get more viewers.
    Several of these girls get more and louder calls at the theater than the senbatsu regulars.
    But generations schmenerations,
    I’d just like to see someone other than Haruppi, Sakura, Mio, Meru, Natsu, Madoka, Chiichan & Murashige get more screentime. I have no problems with any of them, but I feel I know enough about them for the time being.
    …and for the record; though Sasshi is forever my Kami-oshi, Shige is a few steps below in the divine hierarchy of oshis (^-^) so it’s not that I don’t want to see Shige in these shows. I just think it’s time she (and rest of senbatsu) should step aside a bit. They have a lot on their plates already.

Anyway (sorry for the rant),  thank you again for subbing this show!!

It’d be nice if all the girls got an episode each (barring the 12-14 year olds), but, I’m not sure how long this show is going to last. It may just be for one quarter, which is 12 episodes. I feel like if that’s the case, then the 2nd gens are going to get the shaft. :/ I’d like to see some of the 3rd gens on it, too. Maybe Sae-chan. In any case, yeah, I don’t think the first gens need this as much as the 2nd gens.

I haven’t seen a lot of Murashige lately. She wasn’t even in the first episode, when they were all gathered around to hear the announcement. :/

Yeah, I think it tastes good, but I feel like it’s one of those foods that you either love or hate. My sister and mom don’t like it!

1. MAIcrosoftMAIcrosoft

Mentaiko is one of the best things ever~<3 I't just so darn expensive if you don't live in japan ;_; Oh btw, did you know there is MentaiMayo (Mentaiko + Mayo) flavor Cheetos in Japan? They are also so very good lol XD

Thank you! Finally, someone who shares my love of mentaiko! But yeah, I can’t even find mentaiko at the Japanese grocery store in my city. -.- And no way, that looks delicious. I’m going to see if they have some on amazon.jp!

1. MAIcrosoftMAIcrosoft

You can regularly find them on e-bay if you want to try them XD

But yes, Mentaiko is one of those specific food products that had to be eaten at certain circumstances (temperature, age, etc.), otherwise it will taste like shit. Especially if exported XD

Maybe that’s where the extra $10 should go. 😉

I don’t think I can touch exported mentaiko. I feel like it wouldn’t be good (or safe for some reason). Guess I’ll have to go back to Japan to have it again.

7. yoooooyooooo

thank you for all your hardwork, enjoying all of your sub release since your first post in old website (maybe?)
    will be always check every sub that you release 🙂

and also, i’m aoitan oshi :):)
    wonder when aoi will appear in shakariki

Awesome! Thanks for sticking with me for so long. 🙂

And yay, another Aoi oshi! They’re kinda rare to find!
      I hope she does appear on it. It’s summer still, so there’s still a chance she’ll get an outdoors-y type job.