HKT Shakariki48! EP03 – English Subs

July 22, 2014 by

Shakariki03

On this episode, Team H’s ponkotsu captain, Anai Chihiro, will work part-time. Where will she work? Will she do a good job? Will she finally prove to everyone that she isn’t ponkotsu?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HKT Shakariki48 EP03

Original Air Date: 7/17/14
Featuring: Anai Chihiro

bluementaiko

About the author: bluementaiko

Hi, you can call me Blue. I'm an independent subber. Currently working on Hyakkaten 3. Since I work alone, nothing is 100%. Feel free to talk to me, offer suggestions, etc.! My oshi is Motomura Aoi, and my favorite group is HKT. If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ first. Thank you!!

28 thoughts on “HKT Shakariki48! EP03 – English Subs

So glad to see her work with animals after all those stories about her strained relationship with her dog, Tsubasa. I thought that maybe dogs hated her, but I’m glad that wasn’t the case!

Haha, just a bored girl, really. But the secret is working on a few different videos at the same time to maximize efficiency and reduce blandness.

1. リザル

Wow! So fast!
    We unfinished for 2nd episode yet,
    coz we busy lately.
    By the way, your new background is very cute and fresh with the “Aoi” color and real “Aoi” in bottom right corner hehe, and cat is very cute too, coz i love it and i have black one.

Thanks for the subs Blue 😀

*wait for next episode

I enjoyed this one a lot, so I was able to get it out fairly quickly! But take your time, I’m just glad we’re getting Indonesian subs for it as well.

Thanks, but all the credit goes to Mai! The pictures are supposed to represent Aoi’s favorite things and the Aoi in the corner is in the middle of saying her famous “Dame~!”

I was actually amazed she earned 80,000 yen with, like, 5 hours of “work”. Earning money just for walking dogs and checking on cats would be a dream!

First, a huge arigato to you Blue, you are truly incredible for staying on top of these subs. I honestly am addicted to your blog now. I love HKT so much because of you.
     Second, so is it just me thinking this, or did Sakura chan get screwed with her job?? I mean, GEEEZ, Sakura chan sweated and toiled and was even criticized a bit and you could see how scared she really was at her first job, but this… this would be so much fun. I don’t care how hard she tries to make it sound, but Kyappu sure hit the job lottery with this one lol!

Thank you! I’m glad to hear it. 🙂

Yeah, Sakura definitely got the short end of the stick for sure. She was even paid less than Kyappu by, like, 30,000 yen! But Sakura received the 2-episode long special treatment so I guess it all evens out in the end?

3. daifugoeyes

Blue-san, you are seriously great!
    Thank you so much, so-so-so-so-soooooooo much for all these translation, wth the best quality and the fastest.
    Blue-san Ganbatte!

Thanks, Blue! I’m too busy to watch this now but it looks adorable (as is your new background lol). Again, it looks like solo jobs is gonna be the theme of the show after all, or maybe just for select members? Showing more of individual members does make a good complement to Odekake – they already have group outings in that one. Just like Odekake, I was a little reluctant to watch it at first, but I ended up really enjoying Odekake and found some new favourite members, so I’m hoping the same for Shakariki. Anyway, it’s nice to have different types of 48G shows subbed.

Thanks for taking the time to comment even though you’re too busy to watch! And Mai did the background for me, it’s fantastic. 🙂

Yeah, I think solo jobs is what they’re going to stick to (bit bummed, but I can see how group jobs may be a bit too much like Odekake). But I found I enjoyed this episode way more than Sakura’s, but that may be because animals + idols is a winning combination. The level of enjoyment defiinitely depends on who the member is and what job she’ll be doing, so hopefully we won’t see anyone working at an office tasked with making copies or something. -.-

Thanks! This episode is really different from the first part-time job. The puppies were so cute~ Hopefully, the future jobs will also be like this and not as intense as Sakura’s part-time.

Whoa, so cute! You’re right, animals and idols are a winning combination. I’m actually OK about this being a one member an episode series; I already know a bit about most of the members, I’d rather see more of their personality come out. I think her laid back nature really helped, because animals seem to be really good at guessing when humans are too tense. It especially came out with that first dog; if it was a rescue case then trusting a human so soon is kind of amazing. Glad they really cleaned up after themselves as well, so admirable. While I totally agree that she was really lucky compared to Sakura I think the pay for this kind of thing is higher because the hours are more unpredictable. I think the portrayal of work is ever so slightly whitewashed in the sense that all the people they’ve worked with have been perfectly nice, whereas anyone who’s worked for real will know that there’s at least one obnoxious weirdo at any workplace, and it’s usually the manager. I hope Haruppi’s turn is soon, she’s my favourite current member bar Sasshi (who is almost certainly not going to appear).

I agree. Sometimes quieter members like Chiichan get overshadowed by louder, more gui-gui girls like Murashige, so this is a nice change. Definitely enjoyed it more than Sakura’s episode. And you’re right, Chiichan’s personality was perfect for a job like this. Can you imagine someone like Tani doing this? I bet she’d scare the dogs away!

Also, about the pay… This whole pet sitting business is so much more specialized than working as a dishwasher in a chain restaurant, so I think the pay is fair. I’m still surprised there was such a discrepancy, though.

Yeah, I’m sure Haruppi will appear sometime soon. I think a sporty job would suit her well!

I thought that was quite a lot considering it was a part-time job and she worked for, like, 5 hours. Minimum wage is probably like 800 yen an hour and she was earning well above that!

7. aquabluesweater

A little bit late to come on here to thank you for all the great subbing you have done, for Odekake before and now this. Really, really appreciate your work to make me fully understand the full episode!

Cap is my favourite HKT member so this episode is seriously awesome just to see her so much. She definitely seems much suited to this job than say ramen assistant:) I read a news recently that dog walkers/handlers can actually earn a substantial amount (albeit in New York) so it is not a job to be trifled with!