HKT48 no Odekake! EP64 – English Subs

July 19, 2014 by

Odekake64

I received a few requests to sub this episode dedicated to Chori and Tani. It’s their last time on Odekake!, unfortunately. The girls sit down with both Sasshi and Goto to talk about their impending transfers. They also discuss their relationship with each other, have their secrets revealed, and receive emotional letters from their closest friends in HKT.

Although they’re long gone, it’s great seeing how much the girls meant not only to the other members, but to Goto and the Odekake staff as well. It’s even more fantastic that they seem to be flourishing in their new groups. Go Chori! Go Tani!

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] HKT48 no Odekake EP64

Original Air Date: 4/23/14
Featuring: Sashihara Rino, Goto Terumoto (one half of the comedy duo, Football Hour), Nakanishi Chiyori, and Tani Marika

15 thoughts on “HKT48 no Odekake! EP64 – English Subs

I’m glad I carried on watching Odekake, without it I never would have learned what unique and bright members Chori and Tani are. While I think it’s a shame they were broken up, with hindsight I can see that they’re both turning into adults, and they’re both showing their best sides in their new groups (I’m loving the Chori/Maachun pairing so much now). Whatever happens, I’ll always remember both of them among the members I cared most for, and I really hope that their audiences come to see them in the same way. I have to admit when they left I lost some of my interest in HKT, but it wasn’t as terminal as when Ainyan left NMB and I never paid attention again, HKT still has a lot of great members and I’m still following them. I think I just love them because they reminded me that I didn’t get into 48G because of cuteness, but for the members with enthusiasm to be the best they could be and entertain. Thanks for subbing.

It was painful at first, but after seeing them do so well in their new groups, I think it was the right decision. Chiyori is killing it on AKIBINGO and she fits in so well with the Team A members. From what I can see, Tani is being treated kindly by the SKE fans (I don’t want to generalize, but they seem the most receptive to “annoying” or variety-oriented charas)  and she’s now in a unit with Dasu and Kaotan. I do worry a bit about HKT, though. On variety shows, the members always depended on Chiyori to lighten up the mood or inject some humor into awkward/tense situations. Without her, I’m a worried the next HKT show (probably Hyakkaten 3 or Tonkotsu 2) won’t be as funny, although they’ll still have Boss and Imomu-Chu. HKT gets a bad rap for being the “bland, insipid” group- and maybe rightfully so?- so losing their two variety stars at the same time isn’t going to help dissolve that image anytime soon. It’ll be interesting to see who steps up and becomes the new go-to variety member.

Woooah, thanks!! More Odekake! I’m happy with how things are going for Chori in AKB right now. She fits in well in different variety shows and stuff. Glad that she’s getting along with other members. I’m really worried about Tani though. I don’t think putting her in SKE was a great idea. Sounds like she’s not really blending well in SKE as Chori in AKB according to Sashi. Also I don’t get why is she playing the busu role in the group. She’s pretty cute in my opinion and I really hated it when they started that joke.

By the way, the latest episode of Odekake and also the upcoming episode next week have a lot of Aoi moments.. will you consider subbing it? The goddess of fire is the best! Thanks again for this episode.

I think Tani is doing just fine! She gets along great with the Team E members, especially Meimei, Makki, and Koami, does well in E stages, and is now even in a unit with the very popular Dasu-Kaotan duo. I think Sasshi is just worried because Tani is mentally weak. But yeah, I don’t get why she’s considered busu either. It’s probably her personality making it seem that way.

Hmm, I’m not sure. Maybe if I have the time!

Thanks for doing this 😀 I’m glad I discovered these 2 from your Odekake subs. I love it when I find new members to add to my family of favourites, and it feels like I discovered them just in time, before they (hopefully!) start to gain more and more fans and get more exposure. Chiyori has been a natural MVP on AKBINGO, and I watched the new EbiSho and Tani looks right at home too. Although, somehow she got the busu label??? I think she’s gorgeous. I bet they’ll both be very entertaining theater MCs too.

I’m glad to hear that! I think all too often, people are quick to judge variety characters, especially “annoying” ones like Tani. But honestly, I think they’re much more likable than your average, run-of-the-mill cute idol. And yeah, Chiyori is doing fantastic on AKBINGO. She’s definitely made for pure variety shows like that. Tani’s eating bit was hilarious, and I’m excited to see her interact with more SKE members. But yeah, I was definitely confused when Okubo called her ugly. She’s quite pretty to me too!

I can’t speak for Chiyori since I rarely watch Team A stages, but Tani does fairly well during theater MCs. She has a role, and she plays it well. I hope that someone will make a compilation of her talks because they can be quite good!

4. Rodrigo Pacheco

Chiyori was doing so well in the akbingo shows i saw with her and in Ebi Show subbed this week she really stood up.

Boss was there too, i did not know she was in SKE too…

1. Rodrigo Pacheco

Ops… in fact is:
      Chiyori was doing so well in the akbingo shows i saw that she was in and  in Ebi Show, subbed this week by Aidol, Tani really stood up. Boss was there too, i did not know she was in SKE…

Chiyori and Maachan pair is the best. I want to see Muchaburi Dodgeball with them in it!

Yeah, Boss is just a kenin, though. I’m glad they included her in the episode regardless, though.

oh man, Tani is ebisho was great! Her and Kaotan is a laugh a minute!
     As for this episode, it pulled on my heart strings a lot. I love HKT because of Tani and Anyan, but mostly Tani because of her helium voice expressions. She’s so much fun to watch. I think she’s made me laugh the most out of all of the HKT girls, so it’s super sad that she’s not with HKT anymore. I am not sure SKE is a great fit for her. I think her and Chiyori should’ve been switched in terms of where they went, but then again, Chiyori IS killing it on AKBINGO, so maybe it was a good decision after all.
     And for the record, Tani is super attractive!

Yeah, Tani is a hate-it-or-love-it type of girl, but I think she’s missed by a lot of HKT oshis, me included. I think she’s doing well in SKE though. She gets along with the members and gets work, and on top of that, I think her popularity is going to increase way more in SKE. Again, I don’t wanna generalize, but we are talking about the very fans who made Dasu and Kaotan popular… I bet they’re accepting of someone like Tani, too. Plus she’s in a unit with them now, which kinda solidifies the fact that management is pushing her in “that” direction. Dasu and Kaotan isn’t going to be around forever and Tani is still quite young by SKE standards, so I think it’s nice they’re grooming her already.

No complaints about Chiyori, though! Her transfer definitely worked out for her.

6. Shabe

I think you should just continue subbing Odekake, Nogibingo 2. HKT Shakariki48! should be stopp because it  is kinda boring and it’s more documentary style with no laughs instead of variety shows.

Although Shakariki isn’t your cup of tea, others may enjoy it. I’m not going to change what I sub because one person doesn’t enjoy it. The lovely LonelyAvocado is still working on Odekake, so your best bet is to follow her for more videos that you’ll enjoy.

7. Genbu Self Sub

I have all subbed and raw videos of Odekake, and I counted that Tani does chosen as MVP 7 times (Episode 12, 14, 24, 28, 45, 56, 58), but Chiyori only appear 5 times as OdeCen (Episode 19, 22, 40, 41, 49). I hope Odekake staff will released some unreleased footage of Chiyori as OdeCen if they does have one due to Chiyori transfer.

Hmm, that’s strange. I haven’t counted it myself, but maybe she shared ode-cen duties with some other members on a few episodes? I have all the raws downloaded it, too, so I’ll have to check it out!