NOGIBINGO! 2 EP05 – English Subs

July 12, 2014 by

NOGIBINGO2EP05

Subshiro46, who have subbed episodes 1-4, have given me the ok to pick up where they left off and finish this series. Seeing that it’s only 12 episodes long, it shouldn’t take me that long to complete, I think. After I’m done, I’ll probably move on to NogiDoko.

Anyway, on this episode, the second gens come back with a special guest to take revenge on the first gens.  They compete in a series of battles to see which generation is stronger. Can the second gens prove that they can hold their own against their senpais?

Softsubs (.ass): [BlueMentaiko] Nogibingo 2 EP05

Original Air Date: 2/7/14
Featuring: Nogizaka46 Generation 1 and 2

31 thoughts on “NOGIBINGO! 2 EP05 – English Subs

1. daifugoeyes

Are you going tl translate both Shakariki and Nogibingo at the same time?

2. Spicycake510

Thanks for the subs! As a nogizaka fan, subs aren’t that common so I really appreciate you for continuing to sub nogibingo 2! :DD

3. takawaifu

And so it begins. I think your Nogi subs will really help spark new interest in the group that for some reason has been largely ignored by native English subbers. So thank you very much!

Actually, I just noticed Aidol translated Nogidoko 140 and plan to do the continuation episode too, maybe more, so this is one happy Nogi fan. ~AMAZINGU!

Haha, no problem! Although HKT is my favorite group, it’s nice to be able to contribute to the other sister groups as well. 😀

And I had no idea AIDOL was going to start subbing NogiDoko! Good timing I guess, haha. 🙂

4. リザル

Although i am fans of 48Family, i don’t know well of Nogizaka46.
    But from this show, i hope i know more about Nogizaka46.
    Thanks for the subs Blue 😀

We’re on the same boat then! I know a bit about Nogi because I watch NogiDoko, but that’s honestly for Banana Man and not really for the girls. I hope that by doing this, I’ll learn more about them!

Yep! I thought it aired every Friday, but the second episode came out on Wednesday. I’m not sure why, but because of that I’m a bit behind now. I’ll get it out soon enough though!

Thanks a lot! It was nice to see the 2nd Gen being focused on in this episode, they’re usually fairly neglected with the exception of Hori, who is just OP. I was sniggering at Nagashima and Ikomachan all the way through, and also at Manattan’s hopeless lack of athletic ability. About the spicy soup though; there’s a Nogidoko episode far more dangerous than that where Ikuchan and Ringo are playing chicken by adding spice mix to udon. At the end there’s so much spice that the soup went solid and Ikuchan couldn’t even find the udon…

I really felt bad for the second gens this episode, haha. I know very little about Nogi so I probably shouldn’t be saying this, but I feel like the different generations in the 48Groups tend to be a lot closer than the 1st and 2nd gens in Nogi. Maybe that’s because they work together a lot more in the theaters and whatnot.

Ah, I saw that episode! It was intense, I can’t believe they lasted that long.

It’s a fair comment, I think they’re not as close for two reasons; Firstly, as you said Ngzk doesn’t have as much work as 48G, so they don’t work together as much. The the other problem is that the majority of senbatsu 1st Gens are over 20, so there’s an age gap too. I also think it doesn’t help that some of the most important front row members are actually quite introverted and shy by idol standards (Naachan, Maiyan, Nanamin).

6. takawaifu

I haven’t been keeping up with Nogizaka as much lately because of all the other subbed shows being released, but I think the distance between 1st and 2nd gen is mostly because 1st gen had a few years together to build the group and became pretty close, while 2nd gen is only about a year old and hasn’t done as much with them.

I guess having their senbatsu chosen by management could also make it more competitive. Instead of older gens helping young members so they can gain fans and slowly rise in the rankings, like the other 48G, newer Nogi members could jump straight into senbatsu at any time so maybe that keeps the members a little more competitive?

Yeah, that’s true, but doesn’t management pretty much decide the senbatsu lineup for the 48G as well? I feel like the whole situation with Hori taking center is similar to how Meru replaced Haruppi. But like Boke mentioned above, it probably has a lot to do with age as well. I can only speak for HKT, but all three generations are pretty close in age and that probably helps foster a more relaxed atmosphere.

7. takawaifu

(my replies haven’t been showing up where I post them for some reason, so I’m trying Firefox instead of Chrome, see if this works. If not, this is a reply to your last reply to me, Blue ><)

Sorry, I was thinking of the senbatsu sousenkyo when I posted that, because that takes years to develop most members into senbatsu ranking, but I forgot about individual sister group senbatsu. I don't know anything about those individual senbatsus, but you're right, it does seem more up to management. However, they at least have sousenkyo numbers and theaters to help them see who's most popular, right? I imagine that plays heavily in their decision.

Since Nogizaka has no fan elections or theater, the management makes their decision with much less fan input and I think that could make some of the "bubble" 1st gen members a little fearful of suddenly losing their place to a 2nd gen.

8. ken

At last……I’ve been waiting for someone for subbing it. Thank you bluementaiko. And I would love to see more Shakariki48! episode. Maybe I would take more interest in knowing more HKT members.